fordhamfans.com
December 22, 2014, 01:21:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Hockey to be honored by adminstration

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hockey to be honored by adminstration  (Read 1910 times)
fuhockey
Waterboy

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:34:17 pm »

A week and a half after capturing their 2nd Metropolitan Collegiate Hockey Conference championship in the last 5 years, the Fordham adminstration will once again be giving the team their "props".  This Wednesday night during the early part of the first quarter of the basketball game, the Rams will be recognized for their achievements with a short presentation.

The adminstration was kind enough to this this when we last won our championship after the 2005-2006 season.

This will draw to a close an outstanding season for the team who finished the regular season with an overall 18-4-0-1 record, a first place finish in league play, and overcoming a 2 goal deficit with 10 minutes left in the championship game to defeat Columbia 6-5.

The champiosnhip game was carried as an live internet broadcast on WFUV, and is now archived

http://www.wfuv.org/sports/streams.html

Additionally, the Daily News did a nice article on us which appear in the Bronx Boro Section last Tuesday

http://www.fordhamramshockey.com/news/2010-02-23-daily-news-article.pdf

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

fordhamsoccer10
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:23 pm »

Awesome job champs! Go rams!
Report Spam   Logged
NYRambler
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 01:45:15 am »

lets just turn the RHG into a hickey rink, and be the best college hockey team in the Metro area.  Go varsity the whole nine.  And to avoid title 9 issues we shoudl dump the bball team.  Hell dump both bball teams and ge a womens hockey program started.  Just like lacrosse it's a niche sport and it can't be worse than what goes on in the gym now.  Plus its a hell of a lot more fun to watch a blowout if there's gonna be a fight or at least some people hitting each other. 
Report Spam   Logged

Lord I was born a Ramblin Ram, then they changed the forum so I'm doin the best I can
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:13:09 am »

Having grown up in upstate NY when Clarkson and St. Lawrence were always in the top 5, I saw some great college hockey.  Unfortunately only the SL women's team is any good these days.
ND came out of nowhere (maybe had a club team) to be one of the best in the country.  We could too.
I don't recall fighting be allowed collegiately, but I still love the game and wish somehow Fordham could swing it to upgrade it from a club sport.  Would the top of the garage be big enough for a rink?
Congrats to the team and coaches.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:23:04 am »

lets just turn the RHG into a hickey rink, and be the best college hockey team in the Metro area.  Go varsity the whole nine.  
Wasn't it suppose to have been a "hockey rink" when Ryan O'Neal came out the side door in "Love Story"?
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 10:30:55 am »

Good job guys, congratulations
Report Spam   Logged
RC74
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 01:16:02 pm »

Wasn't it suppose to have been a "hockey rink" when Ryan O'Neal came out the side door in "Love Story"?

Indeed it was.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRambler
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 09:22:05 pm »

I don't recall fighting be allowed collegiately, /  Would the top of the garage be big enough for a rink?
Congrats to the team and coaches.

you've clearly never been in the stands at a BC vs. BU hockey game.  Although admittedly most of those fights remained in the stands. 

And I don't know if the garage could hold the rink, the stands, the roof, and the apparatus(es/i  Huh?) necessary to keep the ice frozen, either the size or the weight.  But it could be a nice source of revenue if we had one.  Sell skate passes when no one is practicing, discount rates for students, maybe even do a skate rental shop with concessions, skate guards doing work-study.  It would be wildly popular especially when people came to visit for for football or basketball games.  With the zoo and gardens right next door it would make for a great family trip for alumni and friends.  But it's never gonna happen. 

The top of the garage is big enough for a softball field I believe but I'm not sure if that would fly,  moving the team off their field to a new one far away from the rest of the athletic facilities. 
Report Spam   Logged

Lord I was born a Ramblin Ram, then they changed the forum so I'm doin the best I can

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: