fordhamfans.com
June 22, 2017, 12:20:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Who was the Fordham AD just before Frank?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who was the Fordham AD just before Frank?  (Read 1238 times)
ram it 66
Junior

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:57:14 am »

My mind is slipping. Whom did Frank succeed?
Anyone..?
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:58:56 am »

Dave Rice

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:16:10 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
xkaydet65
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 11:25:22 am »

Dave Rice. A blast from the past when I was his SID without portfolio or pay:) Had it not been for a letter to Fr. Finlay from the Pres. of BU congratulating Fordham on our football team's rapid rise and asking how we did it, Dr. Reiss's might never have started his investigation until we were filling the Meadowlands. I always thought Dave was following the script from Trouble Along the Way.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 11:40:01 am »

Dave Rice. A blast from the past when I was his SID without portfolio or pay:) Had it not been for a letter to Fr. Finlay from the Pres. of BU congratulating Fordham on our football team's rapid rise and asking how we did it, Dr. Reiss's might never have started his investigation until we were filling the Meadowlands. I always thought Dave was following the script from Trouble Along the Way.

You've got me curious in that story about "the investigation" 65!  Please tell more.

BTW: Here's the summary and trailer for Trouble Along the Way

Once a famous football coach, Steve Williams (John Wayne) is now a bookie in a pool hall. To earn enough money to keep custody of his tomboy daughter, Carole (Sherry Jackson), Steve accepts an offer to take over the football program of impoverished St. Anthony's College in New York City. Disgusted with the team, Steve brings in new players. After his first game nets the school $31,000, an investigation into his shady recruiting methods threatens both his job and custody battle

Also...in the trailer watch John Wayne make a move on Donna Reed that would have him thrown out of the NFL in 2016.  The Duke seems like Barry Switzer in this role.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 12:02:32 pm »

Dave Rice...A blast. We should just leave it there.  One of the great personalities in the history of Fordham.  He's alive and well in Marco Island.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 12:25:39 pm »

What happened?
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 12:35:42 pm »

Dave Rice...A blast. We should just leave it there.  One of the great personalities in the history of Fordham.  He's alive and well in Marco Island.
+1000
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 01:01:42 pm »

What happened?

He won before it was fashionable at Fordham.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:02:56 pm by An Old Coach » Report Spam   Logged
xkaydet65
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:52 pm »

I'll  let it be. Suffice to say I was teaching in Catholic School in Brooklyn. Then I'd drive the BQE and over the bridge to Fordham and I would be in the office with Dave and it was another and exciting world. He asked me once whether he should agree to St. John's request for a home and home. I told him he should, beat them 100 to nothing and end it. He turned them down and as we fell, they had a few wins at our expense.Strange times.
Report Spam   Logged
RealDeal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 03:11:50 pm »

He won before it was fashionable at Fordham.

Oh, that's how you would describe his tenure.  OK.  Some may disagree.
Report Spam   Logged
RealDeal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 03:18:44 pm »

You've got me curious in that story about "the investigation" 65!  Please tell more.

BTW: Here's the summary and trailer for Trouble Along the Way

Once a famous football coach, Steve Williams (John Wayne) is now a bookie in a pool hall. To earn enough money to keep custody of his tomboy daughter, Carole (Sherry Jackson), Steve accepts an offer to take over the football program of impoverished St. Anthony's College in New York City. Disgusted with the team, Steve brings in new players. After his first game nets the school $31,000, an investigation into his shady recruiting methods threatens both his job and custody battle

Also...in the trailer watch John Wayne make a move on Donna Reed that would have him thrown out of the NFL in 2016.  The Duke seems like Barry Switzer in this role.

Funny how some erroneously believe the film is a thinly failed story of Fordham.  Very incorrect, as Fordham was far from an impoverished little school in NYC in the 50s.  In fact our academic reputation and finances were in very good position.  And football never reached the depths that the fictional school was portrayed.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 03:23:45 pm »

Oh, that's how you would describe his tenure.  OK.  Some may disagree.

That's the beauty of America.  We're allowed to! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 04:59:57 pm »

Didn't he allow the makers of an x rated film that had something to do with football (or maybe those parts of the anatomy) actually film crowd scenes during a football game?  Or is that an urban legend?
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 10:30:29 am »

Didn't he allow the makers of an x rated film that had something to do with football (or maybe those parts of the anatomy) actually film crowd scenes during a football game?  Or is that an urban legend?

Oh God, please don't use that dreaded phrase. You are inviting a marginally relevant, 500 word rambling story with accompanying video clip, from Steve McGarrett.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 02:07:48 pm »

Absolutely urban legend.

The real story was that he allowed an x-rated film to be made under the stands at the historic RHG.  And he starred in it!  Shocked

[/quote]
Report Spam   Logged
xkaydet65
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 12:55:51 pm »

Right AOC! I handled the PR on that shoot. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 04:16:12 pm »

Absolutely urban legend.

The real story was that he allowed an x-rated film to be made under the stands at the historic RHG.  And he starred in it!  Shocked

No wonder so many guys are overly sentimental about the old place .... let it go!
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 08:29:11 pm »

Right AOC! I handled the PR on that shoot. Cheesy

I thought so.  Can you imagine what he could have done with an iPhone back in the day?  The man was clearly ahead of his time...
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 10:05:56 pm »

I couldn't find if this was mentioned elsewhere but Frank was inducted into the ECAC Hall of Fame.  His part of the ceremony starts at about the 21:30 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU4jlBWOFFY&feature=youtu.be
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 04:18:25 pm »

It was a very mild R rated movie (and very bad)- "Cheerleaders Beach Party"

One of my roommates was a football player who played the entire season in 78/79?, but never went to class- and may not have been officially enrolled as a student. The good old days......
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: