fordhamfans.com
November 24, 2017, 04:04:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Ask the AD 2016 - Vision for Football/Basketball

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask the AD 2016 - Vision for Football/Basketball  (Read 2059 times)
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 07:26:01 pm »

The question(s) were moronic. Dear 66 y/o AD, where will Fordham be playing 20 years from now, when you are pushing 90 and we are 2 presidents removed from McShane? Its an asinine line of questioning. If you want to ask will we be getting a new arena in the near future, that's a legitimate question. But asking anyone in any business or any school to project 20 years out is laughable. A guy with 4 years left on his contract, to boot.  No wonder the powers that be laugh at some alums.

Right now under Roach's tenure we are winning in just about every sport. Ranked football, winning record in mens hoops, 3 straight post seasons in womens hoops, national power in softball, 1 year removed from mens soccer winning A-10, and you want to attack the guy in his mid 60's about projecting out 10 and 20 years? You are buffoon.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 11:01:29 pm »

The question(s) were moronic. Dear 66 y/o AD, where will Fordham be playing 20 years from now, when you are pushing 90 and we are 2 presidents removed from McShane? Its an asinine line of questioning. If you want to ask will we be getting a new arena in the near future, that's a legitimate question. But asking anyone in any business or any school to project 20 years out is laughable. A guy with 4 years left on his contract, to boot.  No wonder the powers that be laugh at some alums.

Right now under Roach's tenure we are winning in just about every sport. Ranked football, winning record in mens hoops, 3 straight post seasons in womens hoops, national power in softball, 1 year removed from mens soccer winning A-10, and you want to attack the guy in his mid 60's about projecting out 10 and 20 years? You are buffoon.

85 ... get a grip. Who are you arguing with? You're calling someone who's not here a retard, moron and a buffoon!

For the benefit of the rest of us on the board.... if you are going to insult someone; for God's sake let us know who you are insulting!

Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 09:53:54 pm »

Expanded Patriot League is an interesting comment.
We can have a whole new league realignment thread based on that. Not that the impetus is needed...

He likely should not have said that. It could mean one or two teams, or quite a few.

Football will be a very different sport in 20 years.  Some colleges will drop football, IMHO.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 12:10:05 am »

He likely should not have said that. It could mean one or two teams, or quite a few.

Football will be a very different sport in 20 years.  Some colleges will drop football, IMHO.

True.  And some will start programs...
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 10:09:06 am »

I dont think anyone can predict football in 20 years on any level. The CTE issue is huge and seems to get worse every day. That could have a profound impact on football across the board in the next 10 years, let alone 20.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2016, 12:05:12 pm »

I dont think anyone can predict football in 20 years on any level. The CTE issue is huge and seems to get worse every day. That could have a profound impact on football across the board in the next 10 years, let alone 20.

Change yes. But I disagree with those who predict it will go away.

I think the tide turned a few years ago.  Tackling rule changes, stiffer penalties, new coaching methods, greatly reduced practice hitting and tackling, improved equipment ,  and the switch to more youth 7on7 will all lead to a dramatic drop in the incidence of concussions.

I think the population of players and school teams will drop marginally, but the sport acted in time to survive.

It's too great a game to just go away.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2016, 12:24:18 pm »

True.  And some will start programs...

In fact...since 2008 .... 34 colleges have started football programs.  That stat surprised me
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2016, 01:52:51 pm »

Change yes. But I disagree with those who predict it will go away.

I think the tide turned a few years ago.  Tackling rule changes, stiffer penalties, new coaching methods, greatly reduced practice hitting and tackling, improved equipment ,  and the switch to more youth 7on7 will all lead to a dramatic drop in the incidence of concussions.

I think the population of players and school teams will drop marginally, but the sport acted in time to survive.

It's too great a game to just go away.

I agree but if the plaintiffs' bar gets a hold of something that is just too much $$, it conceivably could be radically altered. We shall see.

Regardless, 20 years and even 10 is too far to predict out for an AD these days. Things are too short term, coaching moves, conference jockeying, its a short term venture these days.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: