fordhamfans.com
November 19, 2017, 07:14:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Restaurants near ESB?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restaurants near ESB?  (Read 1009 times)
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2016, 12:02:44 pm »

We will take customers out for Dinner after a Presentation in the Empire State Building. I was thinking Keen's but the Marketing folks want a hipper kind of place. Any ideas?
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!

Social Buttons

Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 01:23:44 pm »

We will take customers out for Dinner after a Presentation in the Empire State Building. I was thinking Keen's but the Marketing folks want a hipper kind of place. Any ideas?

Tell the Marketing folks NOTHING is hipper than mutton.

"Nuttin' beats muttin"
Report Spam   Logged
TJHinNYC
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 01:53:32 pm »

If a walk to Seventh Avenue and 31st Street isn't too far, I might recommend Niles.  I recently went there before a Springsteen concert at MSG and had a very nice meal (grilled chicken paillard) and my friends also liked their meals and the atmosphere.  Here's its link:  http://www.nilesnyc.com/index.html
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 02:40:07 pm »

Tell the Marketing folks NOTHING is hipper than mutton.

"Nuttin' beats muttin"

They are to die for!
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
ramesq
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:31:40 pm »

Upland is a trendy spot in the area (26th and Park) that might satisfy your marketing guys.  BLT Prime is also good and a more modern steakhouse than Keen's, but not right near the ESB (22nd b/t park and lex).  IMO you can't beat Keen's though - especially if you need to stick close to the ESB.
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 06:04:05 pm »

Ai Fiori, 400 Fifth Ave., between 36th & 37th Streets in the Setai Fifth Avenue Hotel

I haven't eaten there but a friend, who dines out a lot, said it is very good but "be on expense account!"

Per Zagat in 2013…

This "heavenly" Garment District Italian…showcases Michael White's "pitch-perfect," "Riviera-inspired" cooking
especially its "ethereal pasta," "polished service," "top notch wines" and a "soothing, stylish setting make for high prices, while ensuring a steady flow of expense account and special occasion traffic."

Food - 26; Decor - 25; Service - 26 and Cost - $89 are all rated high.

If your expense account wallet can afford it, sounds like a good bet. Please let us know if you opt to go.
Report Spam   Logged
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 06:42:10 am »

I would strongly second Joe's choice of Ai Fiori. Everything that he said plus the acoustics are great for a group conversation.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 10:03:02 pm »

Ai Fiori, 400 Fifth Ave., between 36th & 37th Streets in the Setai Fifth Avenue Hotel

I haven't eaten there but a friend, who dines out a lot, said it is very good but "be on expense account!"

Per Zagat in 2013…

This "heavenly" Garment District Italian…showcases Michael White's "pitch-perfect," "Riviera-inspired" cooking
especially its "ethereal pasta," "polished service," "top notch wines" and a "soothing, stylish setting make for high prices, while ensuring a steady flow of expense account and special occasion traffic."

Food - 26; Decor - 25; Service - 26 and Cost - $89 are all rated high.

If your expense account wallet can afford it, sounds like a good bet. Please let us know if you opt to go.

VP will be paying, it looks like Keens though. Keens may be too noisy and I may suggest Fiori.

Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 11:51:40 pm »

Won't go wrong either way. If you go to Ai Fiori post what you think.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 09:01:23 pm »

We got a private room at Keens. 
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 10:15:25 pm »

Please advise re: the quality of the food. I haven't been there in several years and I've made a reservation for two in mid-June. If it doesn't rate with you, we'll try the other restaurant nearby. Can you handle the pressure?    Wink 
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 11:56:34 am »

Dined there last night, food was great. Porterhouse for two (Medium Rare) was a little cool, I'm surprised at that.   I have no idea what the bill was. Wait staff were excellent and warm. B+
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 12:01:28 pm »

Thank you, sir. We'll keep our reservation for a week from tomorrow and I'll report back.
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 01:07:37 pm »

My cousin and her husband were in town last month for a wedding and raved about Keens.
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 01:40:58 pm »

Thank you, sir. We'll keep our reservation for a week from tomorrow and I'll report back.

Keens is a great choice and the bar area is very cool/unique. I've always preferred Smith & Wolly's over Keens and Wolfgangs over both. Can't really go wrong though. Enjoy!
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 06:56:55 pm »

Keen's is one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, and I lived in Manhattan for 17 years. Hosted many clients there who always wanted to go back.

The bar is actually historic, dating to the 1800's as is the restaurant, the cocktails are carefully crafted and the restaurant itself is a sight to behold. It was a private men's club for many years, a Teddy Roosevelt haunt, and the Mutton Chop(where can you find that?) steaks and Dover Sole are top shelf, as are the raw shellfish.

Highly recommended.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 10:28:46 am »

The tea totlers had their homemade Ginger Ale, they raved about that.

Had 5 C level execs at the dinner, I think the Keens name got them to come for dinner. Thank Goodness I took Metro North!
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 06:45:28 pm »

The tea totlers had their homemade Ginger Ale, they raved about that.

Had 5 C level execs at the dinner, I think the Keens name got them to come for dinner. Thank Goodness I took Metro North!

+1.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: