Agreed, B or B-.
over all he has done a good job, but lets not forget what he inherited and who is is being compared to. In one essence a non human could would be an improvement over Frank, but on the other side he did inherit a mess.
a few points:
firing TP, awesome: A++
hiring a firm, he should not get criticism nor props. In one way it is a smart, in other he puts the onus on someone else and can point the finger if it doesn't work out. Its called job security. To some extent, this move describes Roach, professional but not willing to take chances. This will be his last gig so he is going to take it easy, make slow and steady strides but he is NOT the guy to take this program to the next level.
He took a program out of reverse, got us into first gear and have bolstered up a bit into second, but that's about it. It's now time for him to kick it up a notch or two. I just don't think he is going to make an bold moves. He is going to stay conservative and make some minor improvements along the way until he retires.
I wish we could:
- hire a person for athletic fundraising, bye Frank. And start a legitimate campaign for facilities.
- change up some of the associates and assistants ads as we need younger blood coming from those with experience at larger D1 programs.
- get rid of a few dead weight coaches.
- get some one to run merchandising and marketing that actually knows what they are doing.
- improve the game day experiences
- get McShane to understand that athletics is a good thing, just ask Nova.
I have said it a thousand times, Fordham has the potential to have a solid athletic program, but without the effort, the results will never surface.