fordhamfans.com
April 28, 2017, 03:49:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Introduction - Scott Donnelly

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction - Scott Donnelly  (Read 945 times)
SDonnelly8
Waterboy

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2016, 08:59:40 am »

Good morning,

I thought I'd introduce myself and make myself available to all of you. As you may know, I came on board in the fall, overseeing Marketing, Promotions and Ticketing. I see my position as a bit different than many others in the department. While our overall mission is always to enhance the student-athlete experience here at Fordham, I have a slightly different agenda on the external side and that entails enhancing the fan experience. In theory, one feeds the other as a great atmosphere for the fans creates a home-court/field advantage for our student-athletes.

I'll check in periodically as it's important to know what's on your mind, but I'd also invite you to reach out to me as well. My direct line is 718-817-5314 and email is sdonnelly8@fordham.edu.

Definitely will be seeking fan feedback on ticket packages, promotional opportunities, etc. as we strive to create a "thank you" culture for our fans and, in particular, our season ticket holders.

Thanks,
Scott

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:42:32 am »

Excellent.  Welcome aboard, good luck and thanks for reaching out to us here. 
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 10:54:28 am »

Excellent.  Welcome aboard, good luck and thanks for reaching out to us here. 
+1
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:09:49 am »

Indeed, welcome, Scott!

As I am sure you well know from your work, people tend to make more noise when they have a gripe than when they have a compliment. This place is no different. Hopefully the members here appreciate the avenue you have opened here and when they decide to provide feedback that they do it in a respectful manner.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
SDonnelly8
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 02:13:09 pm »

Indeed, welcome, Scott!

As I am sure you well know from your work, people tend to make more noise when they have a gripe than when they have a compliment. This place is no different. Hopefully the members here appreciate the avenue you have opened here and when they decide to provide feedback that they do it in a respectful manner.

Absolutely - respect the space and the opportunity to gripe. That's what the Internet is for, right?  Wink

Not on here to fix everything, can't control the score, can't change history, but hope to move forward in a positive direction and, if by getting some feedback from our fans, we can meet your needs and build around that, then let's do it.
Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 03:52:01 pm »

welcome and thanks for reaching out     I have had 2 season tickets since we joined the A-10    I have no great suggestions for you but I think your greatest challenge is to somehow generate a much greater student interest in the program . Could be a generational thing but they show up when you give them pizza or Whiteout t-shirt game , otherwise, not so much.

I would suggest you conduct your most creative, generous promotion for the home game vs Dayton with the goal of offsetting their invasion of obnoxious fans.

lastly, I would suggest some kind of coordinated promotions with Dagger John's, like being able to buy pre=paid drink / food tickets to speed up the process and avoid the logjams ( especially at halftime ) . Sodexo always had their bartenders hand the money to another individual at the register, who would give them the change and slow things down. I understand Sodexo has been replaced ( hopefully Curtis the bartender has been retained ).

Good luck.
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 06:30:42 pm »

Welcome, Scott. Your approach is very refreshing. All the best in accomplishing your goals.
Report Spam   Logged
Ramer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 04:35:41 pm »

Welcome to Fordham, Scott. I second all of the above.  Your reaching out on this board demonstrates both initiative and commitment. Well done and best of
luck to you!
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 04:37:35 pm »

Scott, warm wishes for a rewarding career choice.  Looking forward to increased Marketing and activity.
Report Spam   Logged

#ProudToBeARam
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 05:01:56 pm »

Scott,

I have to give you credit, you have read this board and still decided to contact us Wink

I don't have anything for you right now but I appreciate your effort
Report Spam   Logged
98ramgrad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 09:55:39 am »

how bout a ticket that includes admission to the game and a dinner on arthur ave.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 10:11:21 am »

how bout a ticket that includes admission to the game and a dinner on arthur ave.

and a babysitter
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 11:10:16 am »

Add my best wishes Scott. The professionals around you have been upgraded over the past few years, and I think we've got a high quality AD finally.

If you've been following the various discussions in this forum about Fordham funding, strategic administration support, Marketing initiatives, and stakeholder enthusiasm you'll know that the longtime fans tend to be at each others throats unfortunately.  The vast majority want only the best outcomes; but the poverty of results, facilities and visable fan support tends to bring out the worst in us.

Being an engaged Fordham booster on this board is a little like Lord of the Flies. Off on our own, no structure of success to moderate behavior, we turn on each other in the desperation that was basketball .... our marquee sport by general consensus.

As the football, women's BB, Softball, soccer, baseball (to some extent) have performed to a level that makes us proud we've argued about where Marketing needs to be...
1. Ahead of the parade, creating mojo to lift the on-field gains
2. or... Capitalizing on the improved product because some argue that no amount of marketing gets fannies and eyeballs if the product is losing

Or doing some of both .... just doing it better, louder and more creatively.

A marketing colleague of mine once said .... "Advertising is like sex, everybody wants to do it ... and everyone thinks they're good at it!"

Please know that we are rooting for your success, and we are willing to help. Our emotions are deeply invested in the school, but the cynicism and doubts are based on things that happened long before you showed up.

We know that the circumstances and history make your job really, really hard. On your toughest days, when pains in the ass like me are questioning everything, take out the note that says 'most long term followers know how tough the Marketing assignment at Fordham is.'

Sincere best wishes .... we hope you do a great job, and others do theirs.

Go Rams!   
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 10:30:08 pm »

Welcome aboard Scott!  I also give you a lot of credit for reaching out and I hope you will find some of what you read here useful.  The topics of marketing and promotions, fan and media relations, season tickets, etc. does generate a lot of heat on this board so I know you'll find it relevant.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: