fordhamfans.com
May 24, 2017, 05:35:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

2016-17 Prediction Thread

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016-17 Prediction Thread  (Read 3928 times)
bronxboy10
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2017, 10:51:30 am »

You are a special kind of stupid aren't you?  People are talking about the game and taking into account the injuries we battled all year long.  No one said the OOC performance was acceptable. Everyone wanted more wins in conference but that didn't happen and we finished the season 13-18, which was below even the most pessimistic predictions for how this season would turn out.

Rich- I think your autocorrect was stuck for a bit there. I went ahead and corrected your statement.
Report Spam   Logged
bronxboy10
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2017, 10:53:13 am »

No one on this board would have taken a 13-19 record, true.  But for the first half of the season we were a train wreck and looked to be at ground zero, again.  We were losing to horrible teams and getting blown out by average ones.  So while no one would have taken our record, I also doubt anyone would have thought we would avoid the pig games after our blowout loss to SJU, or that we would win 5 road games or beat VCU.  Most people at the 16 game mark would have predicted 1-2 more wins in the second half of the season at best, with a lot of 20 point losses thrown in.  The reason people are optimistic after a 13-19 season is because JN and his 7 healthy players righted the ship and dodged the enormous ice burg.  We have a strong and experienced nucleus coming back and need to add a few players, but we could be a top half team next year very realistically.

You cannot discount the OOC losses. If we are being objective, we need to look at this season as a whole. As a whole, the season was below everyone's expectations.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2017, 10:53:59 am »

Rich- I think your autocorrect was stuck for a bit there. I went ahead and corrected your statement.

Special kind of stupid. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2017, 11:04:16 am »

You cannot discount the OOC losses. If we are being objective, we need to look at this season as a whole. As a whole, the season was below everyone's expectations.

Not discounting them.  This was just a strange season.  We have had a lot of seasons with first halves like this one, but none in my Memory where we went on to compete in the second half the way we did.  This season produced valid reasons to be optimistic for next year, but also valid reasons not to be.  Going by what I saw after our first three conference games, I feel we can make a big jump if we add a few players and don't lose key players either.  The optimist like myself has to hope that our first 16 games were an abberation .  We will see is 8 months:-)
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2017, 12:35:06 pm »

Most of us know that it is possible to think that the season was below expectations, and ...... also be relatively optimistic about next season.

The relative observation goes back to where we were in late December, when we were concerned about zero A10 wins.  A lot has changed since then.  Individual players, and the coach, have shown us some very good signs since then.

That's  as much bait as I'll  take today.
Report Spam   Logged
Jay92
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2017, 12:04:09 pm »

Peter- you beat me too it!

Some posters need to take off their maroon colored sunglasses and look at this season from an objective standpoint.

Look at your preseason predictions. Did the team measure up to your expectations? Nobody here predicted a losing record. We finished the season 5 games below .500. We did not make a post season tourney. Our overall record was significantly worst than last year.

I'm just dumbfounded how posters could be happy with how this season turned out.  Huh?

Hey B10 - didn't see your prediction in the thread. Did I miss it? Very easy to critique others when you didn't participate in the first place.

I also can't believe no poster predicted that JC would get injured by the sweat mop and miss critical games due to family circumstances. Missed the prediction of all the other injuries too. I also didn't see many of the optimistic posters predict a dismal home record and all those A10 road wins either. Isn't it dumbfounding no one predicted a win vs VCU, road wins at Davidson, URI and St. Joe's.

Very easy to look back at a prediction thread from Oct/Nov and then critique those that didn't predict all the unexpected obstacles faced by the team this season. With that said, I never saw the coach use any of it as an excuse.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: