fordhamfans.com
December 14, 2017, 09:58:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Meet The Recruits - 2017 Edition

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet The Recruits - 2017 Edition  (Read 3415 times)
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 09:00:37 pm »

That's awesome to hear, thx Scott.  With Max Roberts and him on the edge and Adeyeye in the middle, DL has a chance to finally be a strength.  I see that Roberts is listed at LB - is he expected to switch back there?  He was so good as an undersized, true freshman DE that I'd love to see him at DE again after a year in our S&C program.  Fox is back too.  Does anyone have any info on Ware? He has good size and I loved his HS film in terms of his athleticism and willingness to hit.  Was he injured last year? 

Ware saw time last year...he was not injured
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 10:39:08 am »

Thanks Jimbo. 

On a separate note, would love to see some updated roster info.  All info is from 2015 season and hts and weights are from prior to 2016 season.  We seem to have more talent on the defensive side than I can remember in a long time.  Really hoping the new coaches on that side of the ball can turn things around for us since our O should really be something special. 
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2017, 11:10:15 am »

We seem to have more talent on the defensive side than I can remember in a long time.  Really hoping the new coaches on that side of the ball can turn things around for us since our O should really be something special. 

Not saying I disagree, more that I'm a little uninformed - but who are the talented defensive guys that come to mind? I think the DB's will be older, and Roberts looks like a beast, but who are the players that you specifically mean?

Other than the lehigh debacle I thought the D was actually pretty good. It's hard to not have some points against you when we score as much as we do. Thinking specifically about bucknell always having a top defense in terms of scoring, but also rarely score a lot of points. The opposite of us...thoughts?

Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 11:38:23 am »

Not saying I disagree, more that I'm a little uninformed - but who are the talented defensive guys that come to mind? I think the DB's will be older, and Roberts looks like a beast, but who are the players that you specifically mean?

Other than the lehigh debacle I thought the D was actually pretty good. It's hard to not have some points against you when we score as much as we do. Thinking specifically about bucknell always having a top defense in terms of scoring, but also rarely score a lot of points. The opposite of us...thoughts?

Adeyeye, Fox and Roberts were who I had in mind when writing that.  I also have high hopes for Ware after being in teh off season conditioning
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 12:10:51 pm »

Adeyeye, Fox and Roberts were who I had in mind when writing that.  I also have high hopes for Ware after being in teh off season conditioning

I also really like that LB Fitzgerald - i think after a year of consistent play time he's likely becoming a leader in the locker room. I was very impressed with his athletic ability last year.

Who knows? Maybe this is the year we have a good D?
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 04:11:39 pm »

Carter and another recruit officially announced:

http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/3/20/fordham-football-announces-two-additional-recruits-to-2017-class.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 09:04:22 am »

Interesting...Weiss has never been to Fordham!

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/02/01/national-signing-day-2017-csns-joe-lang-cooper-weiss-mckenzie-pearson-sign/97357086/
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 04:02:34 pm »

I wonder why the Weiss kid wasn't announced with the other recruits?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: