fordhamfans.com
December 17, 2017, 06:31:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Joe Moorhead

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Moorhead  (Read 5353 times)
CapitalRam
Waterboy

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2016, 09:56:14 pm »

What Joe Moorhead has accomplished:

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/penn-state-football-joe-moorhead-named-broyles-award-nominee,1470111/
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 01:05:35 am »

Buddy and I made the trip out to the PSU Vs MSU game today.  Needless to say the game day experience at Happy Valley is a little different from that at JCF😄

Joe found us amongst the crowd and made a point to shake our hands and give us a man hug 😃  Don't want to get to too maudlin about the whole thing but I have to admit I felt a certain amount of pride witnessing one of our own shine on the big stage.  Plus, my Fordham swag got me a few free beers from the PSU faithful post game!😜
Report Spam   Logged
dajr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 08:38:49 am »

Sounds like a great experience!   Following article may interest you.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2016/11/penn_state_football_joe_moorhe_2.html

Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 08:45:57 am »

Im sure Joe gets a lot of attention after this year. Rumors of Boston College already out there. I think he must wait for the chips to fall and see who leaves where but I think he gets a major job next year.  Notre Dame?  Not that far fetched.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 02:29:21 pm »

Tremendous job by Coach Joe and Penn St. this year.  Not far-fetched that they become the Big 10 Champions next week.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 06:08:31 am »

Joes situation is looking very much like chip kellys a few years back when Oregon named him offensive coordinator. He's definitely on the rise and I think penn state will pay him well over a million bucks a year to keep him
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 08:04:47 am »

Joes situation is looking very much like chip kellys a few years back when Oregon named him offensive coordinator. He's definitely on the rise and I think penn state will pay him well over a million bucks a year to keep him
He is already making well over a million in his current position.  I am sure that his agent (if he has half a brain) included in his contract incentives for performance also including a winning season, bowl eligible, winning his division of the Big Ten, Participating in the Big Ten Championship game and so on and so forth.

Joe's next goal should be to back up this season with another one or two and then go for hitting the Mother-Load of a head coaching job at a Power 5 Conference.

Congrats to a great guy and great coach.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 09:25:32 am »

....Moorhead has orchestrated Penn State's new found offensive efficiency this season that has the Nittany Lions averaging 35.8 points per game ó a 54-percent increase from last seasonís 23.2 clip. Penn Stateís 4,693 yards of total offense has already surpassed 2015 (4,529) with at least two games left on the schedule...

Wow, he's gonna go far.

Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 10:43:21 am »

He is already making well over a million in his current position. 

I wouldn't be so sure of this. Only SEC assistant coaches make 1 mil +
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 10:49:30 am »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17503747/alabama-doubles-offensive-coordinator-lane-kiffin-salary-14-million

Yeah it looks like kiffin makes about 1.4. He's one of the most high profile assistants in the country with an elite unit on the best team in the country in the SEC.

Moorhead should get that seven figure salary in a few years when he gets a P5 head coaching gig, but there is no way he's making that now.

Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 10:54:01 am »

His base is $400K.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 11:19:56 am »

His base is $400K.

Yeah that sounds more like it
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 11:50:49 am »

Yeah that sounds more like it

Joe's total compensation is over $1 million not including if he wins next Saturday and if he wins the bowl game.  Franklin's base is $1.5 million and his total is $4.5+ not including if he wins next Saturday and wins his bowl game.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 12:43:40 pm »

Joe's total compensation is over $1 million not including if he wins next Saturday and if he wins the bowl game.  Franklin's base is $1.5 million and his total is $4.5+ not including if he wins next Saturday and wins his bowl game.

Source?
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 12:55:25 pm »

Source?

Um....have you looked at James Franklin's term sheet, including incentives bonuses and retention bonuses?  He is the 10th highest paid coach in College. Penn St. is sponsored by Nike, have you seen what Nike pays their coaches?
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 01:05:56 pm »

He's not asking about Franklin. He wants your source for Moorhead's compensation, Ram-Clown.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 01:08:01 pm »

He's not asking about Franklin. He wants your source for Moorhead's compensation, Ram-Clown.

I guess you are stupid also.  Do you honestly think that a head coach has incentives and his assistant coaches don't?  Do you think Nike only pays the Head coach and not the assistants?

Joe has a base salary and no other compensation including bonuses?  Should we revoke your Pharmacy degree?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 01:17:09 pm »

Let's keep posts to the topic at hand and avoid the personal attacks. Note that this reply is for all who have resorted to personal attacks irrespective of who started it.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 01:19:23 pm »

Source?

Don't bother asking. There's no credible source or information he can point too.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 01:23:03 pm »

Don't bother asking. There's no credible source or information he can point too.

you are correct....Joe makes $400k and not one penny more than that.  Sorry, you win, I lose.

Oh, by the way, Santa is coming in a few weeks too.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 01:35:04 pm »

you are correct....Joe makes $400k and not one penny more than that.  Sorry, you win, I lose.

Oh, by the way, Santa is coming in a few weeks too.

Your biggest problem here is that you give opinions as if they are facts. When someone asked you for a source, which wasn't done with any sort of animosity, you fire back aggressively.

You said that Joe was making $1mm + as if you knew that to be true. As per the Lane Kiffin comment, we know that it is pretty rare for assistant coaches to make that type of money without further big incentives.

Joe didn't have a ton of leverage when he moved to PSU. He went from successful FCS coach (small school, weak conference), to Offensive Coordinator at a school in a power conference. Do you think he negotiated $600k+ in incentives into his contract? Is that common? Can you point to other examples? Seems like a fairly large number to me...
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 01:40:52 pm »

Im sure Joe gets a lot of attention after this year. Rumors of Boston College already out there. I think he must wait for the chips to fall and see who leaves where but I think he gets a major job next year.  Notre Dame?  Not that far fetched.

He was lined up to take Franklin's job as he was on the outs, and this year was to be used to prime up JM. That's off the table now. But in a good way! They will come knockin' (if they haven't already)
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 01:44:38 pm »

Your biggest problem here is that you give opinions as if they are facts. When someone asked you for a source, which wasn't done with any sort of animosity, you fire back aggressively.

You said that Joe was making $1mm + as if you knew that to be true. As per the Lane Kiffin comment, we know that it is pretty rare for assistant coaches to make that type of money without further big incentives.

Joe didn't have a ton of leverage when he moved to PSU. He went from successful FCS coach (small school, weak conference), to Offensive Coordinator at a school in a power conference. Do you think he negotiated $600k+ in incentives into his contract? Is that common? Can you point to other examples? Seems like a fairly large number to me...

all of the "extras" that I spoken about are standard practice.  That is a fact.  Fact - Joe has a contract, Joe gets paid by Nike, Joe has a retention incentive, plus all of the performance bonuses.

Franklin makes $500K just from Nike per year above and beyond everything else.  The O Coord and def. Coord make a percentage of that.  So $600k+ in incentives.....Yes, easily.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/psu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/James_Franklin_Financial_Terms.pdf
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 01:46:34 pm »

NY, I think Joe had a lot more leverage than you think.  He could have stayed another year at Fordham with 18 of 22 starters returning and waited another year.  Franklin was reeling last year and even though the PSU admin was supportive due to the sanctions there was already a decent section of the fan base ready to let go of him last year, let alone after their blow out loss to Michigan earlier in the season.  Joe was taking considerable risk by going there and wasn't going to do it without the compensation to do so.  Imo he certainly would not have gone there to replace an OC who was fired and then accept less comp.  I was told Donovan earned $600k+, so Joe's total comp would be somewhere above that.  Just my .02

Truly remarkable results for him and that team.  I told all the PSU fans I know that they'd love him but even I'm surprised by how quickly he produced such amazing results
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 01:48:25 pm »

Let me nudge this back on target

Very happy for the success that Joe has had and he seems to have made a major contribution in his first year at PSU

Given that Franklin had struggled a bit I don't think he would want to lose Joe and I expect that he might be in line for a better contract as soon as next year

But if say BC comes calling should he take it?

After one terrific year as OC at a big Power Five school  he will have offers but if he wants to stay in one of the Power Five it will not be as a HC for a big time program.  I think BC would be a tough rebuild as they have been struggling for a few years and they have shuffled coaches a bit.

Would it be better to spend one more year at PSU then jump to a better job?

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 01:52:40 pm »

NY, I think Joe had a lot more leverage than you think.  He could have stayed another year at Fordham with 18 of 22 starters returning and waited another year.  Franklin was reeling last year and even though the PSU admin was supportive due to the sanctions there was already a decent section of the fan base ready to let go of him last year, let alone after their blow out loss to Michigan earlier in the season.  Joe was taking considerable risk by going there and wasn't going to do it without the compensation to do so.  Imo he certainly would not have gone there to replace an OC who was fired and then accept less comp.  I was told Donovan earned $600k+, so Joe's total comp would be somewhere above that.  Just my .02

Truly remarkable results for him and that team.  I told all the PSU fans I know that they'd love him but even I'm surprised by how quickly he produced such amazing results

I'm very happy for him and even found myself rooting for Michigan on Saturday with the hope PSU could find themselves in the playoff with an OSU loss. Its still possible, but another OSU loss would've been nice. I don't know what type of leverage he did or didn't have, but the leap from Fordham to PSU OC is pretty remarkable. Whatever he's earning... he's clearly earning it. The sky is the limit for him after this season. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out and if he gets a look at an HC position... and if he takes it... or maybe waits another year for a better offer from a better team.

Maybe Fordham can win him back  Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 01:59:12 pm »

I'm very happy for him and even found myself rooting for Michigan on Saturday with the hope PSU could find themselves in the playoff with an OSU loss. Its still possible, but another OSU loss would've been nice. I don't know what type of leverage he did or didn't have, but the leap from Fordham to PSU OC is pretty remarkable. Whatever he's earning... he's clearly earning it. The sky is the limit for him after this season. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out and if he gets a look at an HC position... and if he takes it... or maybe waits another year for a better offer from a better team.

Maybe Fordham can win him back  Cheesy

Why were you rooting for Michigan?  An Ohio St. win (which they did) got Penn St. into the Big 10 Championship game. (another financial bonus for Joe)

Winning a Big 10 title will go a lot further than "hoping" some other team wins or loses.....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:23:33 pm by Ram-Spouse » Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 02:11:52 pm »

I think Joe was ready to leave Fordham and was taking the PSU job as long as it was a reasonable offer.   The money was significantly more even though if he wasn't getting the $600k.  I don't see how he could have turned it down.  He had taken Fordham as far as he could and he knew it.  It's still Penn State and sometimes you have to roll the dice, which he did.  He scored big time.  

I think the BC job would be a stretch but I've read they'll probably stay with Addazio one more year while they search for an AD.    
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 02:14:00 pm »

Baylor job will probably open (Grobe was interim only)
Purdue open
UConn perhaps will open?
BC perhaps will open?
Virginia is a disarray, guy's been there only 2 years but who knows.

I don't think that a ton of Power 5 jobs will open this season.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 02:23:40 pm »

He was lined up to take Franklin's job as he was on the outs, and this year was to be used to prime up JM. That's off the table now. But in a good way! They will come knockin' (if they haven't already)

If Franklin had gotten bounced, JM was in lined up for that job?  Hire a coach from the staff that just got fired?  Coming from an FCS program?   In what world?  Penn State donors would never have let that happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: