fordhamfans.com
June 25, 2017, 08:22:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Joe Moorhead

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Moorhead  (Read 5347 times)
psu
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2016, 04:09:21 pm »

These things change, but right now no assistants are getting power 5 jobs.  You need to go to a MAC or AAC school first.  Maybe a Bama assistant might get an offer.  Joe doesn't need to go to Temple.  If he stays at PSU though, best he can do is Indiana or Perdue maybe a BC or Syracuse.  All those jobs are worse then Temple and USF.  I mean what do u want him to do.  Stay at PSU for 3 years and then take the Rutgers job... You gotta strick while ur brand is hot.  Being Fordham fans, you don't understand how college job searches work at most schools.

you may be right. Not including Alabama assistants - Narduzzi to Pitt is the only assistant to p-5 program I can think of off the top of my head. Him already having head coaching experience may help him out though.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2016, 08:50:22 am »

He did everything he could here.  He took the program as far as it was going to go given the current investment and state of the facilities

While JM did a good job at Fordham, he did not take the program as far as it could go. A second place finish in the PL and a first round exit of an expanded playoff field is not as far as the program can go. And all those who complain about JM not getting all that he wanted from administration are off base. JM stepped into a golden situation at Fordham with a 3 year head start on full scholarships and one of the top football budgets in the fcs. He beat up on weak competition with an unfair advantage , did his thing and left when he no longer get had an advantage.

Clawson took his team to the quarter finals , Colgate played in the national championship game a few years back. So while JM did a good job , he didn't take the program as far as it could go. And let's not play the JM didn't get any support so he left. He was set up to succeed at Fordham , took adavantage of it and left while hot.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2016, 09:39:59 am »

What does Colgate have to do with whether the Fordham football program still has room to grow?

You think it does. I think right now it's a program set up to be competitive in the Parriot League given the current state of facilities. 

No Joe Moorhead, no Nebrich, no Tebucky, no Edmonds. If I'm being totally honest, if Moorhead were coaching this year Fordham beats Monmouth and gets into the playoffs.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2016, 09:54:21 am »

He did everything he could here.  He took the program as far as it was going to go given the current investment and state of the facilities

While JM did a good job at Fordham, he did not take the program as far as it could go. A second place finish in the PL and a first round exit of an expanded playoff field is not as far as the program can go. And all those who complain about JM not getting all that he wanted from administration are off base. JM stepped into a golden situation at Fordham with a 3 year head start on full scholarships and one of the top football budgets in the fcs. He beat up on weak competition with an unfair advantage , did his thing and left when he no longer get had an advantage.

Clawson took his team to the quarter finals , Colgate played in the national championship game a few years back. So while JM did a good job , he didn't take the program as far as it could go. And let's not play the JM didn't get any support so he left. He was set up to succeed at Fordham , took adavantage of it and left while hot.

Point being? 

He had success, saw that the program had a definite ceiling which the University confirmed.  He decided it was best for all concerned and moved to greener pastures. What coach doesn't? The impetus was the University told him what they would or wouldn't do.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2016, 02:00:06 pm »

Point being? 

He had success, saw that the program had a definite ceiling which the University confirmed.  He decided it was best for all concerned and moved to greener pastures. What coach doesn't? The impetus was the University told him what they would or wouldn't do.

Point being is that people are acting like JM had no support and worked miracles with nothing when in reality he had more support and a better set up than any could have imagined.

Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2016, 02:20:10 pm »

Point being is that people are acting like JM had no support and worked miracles with nothing when in reality he had more support and a better set up than any could have imagined.

No one has said that whatsoever.  The fact in he came into a losing situation and turned it around in a year. 

More support and better set up?  Have you seen our "facilities"?  The half a stadium and high school weight room...

Where is exactly is the "set up" your talking about?
Report Spam   Logged
Ram 83
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2016, 04:39:36 pm »

you may be right. Not including Alabama assistants - Narduzzi to Pitt is the only assistant to p-5 program I can think of off the top of my head. Him already having head coaching experience may help him out though.

Granted, it's a terrible program, but Ohio St D.C. Chris Ash to Rutgers qualifies.

But that highlights the fact that the only P5 programs that would offer Moorhead now re no -win situations.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »

No one has said that whatsoever.  The fact in he came into a losing situation and turned it around in a year. 

More support and better set up?  Have you seen our "facilities"?  The half a stadium and high school weight room...

Where is exactly is the "set up" your talking about?

He had scholarships you clown when the rest of the league didn't !!! That's the best set up any coach could ever dream of . 3 years of scholarship players and the lowest admissions standards in the league and the #1 budget..playing agianst non scholarship players against schools who actually have academic restrictions.The facilities are better than they were for Clawson and masella who both won patriot league championships .. if you can't see the advantages JM had your a bind fool
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2016, 06:41:58 pm »

I am not sure why these discussions have to get personal.  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2016, 08:47:13 pm »

He had scholarships you clown when the rest of the league didn't !!! That's the best set up any coach could ever dream of . 3 years of scholarship players and the lowest admissions standards in the league and the #1 budget..playing agianst non scholarship players against schools who actually have academic restrictions.The facilities are better than they were for Clawson and masella who both won patriot league championships .. if you can't see the advantages JM had your a bind fool

What facility upgrades did JM have over Masella? What did he have over Clawson? Some leather couches in the locker room? Is that the big advantage? Really interested to hear about these secret upgrades.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2016, 09:53:30 pm »

Again, what is your point?  You're arguing with yourself and I think you're losing.  Are you saying we weren't very good during JM's tenure?  I think were something like 38-13.  Not too bad in my book.  If you want to say scholarships are the reason, that's fine.  If you look at the relative weakness of the PL, you can make the argument scholarships haven't really made a huge difference. I think in our case, JM reeled in some great transfers and he is an excellent coach.  IMO that really gave us the edge. 

Now, back to my previous question, who said JM had no support?  Seems to me football has great support.  That will only get the program so far, though.  To make the program a consistent national presence, though, the University made it clear that wasn't going to happen.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2016, 11:28:44 am »

Penn State offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead was considered to be a potential candidate for the Temple HC job, but Yahoo Sports columnist Pat Forde reported on Saturday that he will remain at Penn State for the 2017 season.

http://temple-news.com/sports/coaching-candidates-emerge-fill-vacant-football-coach-position/

It seems Temple did reach out to Coach M.  Perhaps was an in depth convo or a polite no thank you, I'm staying @ PSU.  Either way.  Look for PSU offense to dominate next year.   

Curious as to what you guys think he made/makes   600-700k  when he took the OC job?    Do you think PSU  bumped him up to 1mm a year?   for the fine job he did last year and keep the AAC type HC opportunities at bay  (make the difference between his salary as OC @ PSU to a HC job at one of those schools -- in the same ballpark).   Obviously if he continues his success a P5  Big 10   ACC opportunity will come soon enough.     I would guess  Pitt, Notre Dame would be his dream job.    However I think a BC, Rutgers type program will come looking for him very soon.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2016, 12:56:46 pm »

Penn State offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead was considered to be a potential candidate for the Temple HC job, but Yahoo Sports columnist Pat Forde reported on Saturday that he will remain at Penn State for the 2017 season.

http://temple-news.com/sports/coaching-candidates-emerge-fill-vacant-football-coach-position/

It seems Temple did reach out to Coach M.  Perhaps was an in depth convo or a polite no thank you, I'm staying @ PSU.  Either way.  Look for PSU offense to dominate next year.   

Curious as to what you guys think he made/makes   600-700k  when he took the OC job?    Do you think PSU  bumped him up to 1mm a year?   for the fine job he did last year and keep the AAC type HC opportunities at bay  (make the difference between his salary as OC @ PSU to a HC job at one of those schools -- in the same ballpark).   Obviously if he continues his success a P5  Big 10   ACC opportunity will come soon enough.     I would guess  Pitt, Notre Dame would be his dream job.    However I think a BC, Rutgers type program will come looking for him very soon.

I think without HC experience somewhere on the FBS level, it will be tough to get a Power 5 job.  Addazio, who was a HC at Temple for 1 year is dying at BC.  Chris Ash is off to an inauspicious start at Rutgers.  I think he's going to have to get his hands dirty someplace before he gets a job like those. 
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »

He's going from Rose Hill to the Rose Bowl. I hope they beat the University of Spoiled Children.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2016, 04:26:28 pm »

He's going from Rose Hill to the Rose Bowl. I hope they beat the University of Spoiled Children.

I love this line. It'd be nice to see a sign w/ this at the game!
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2016, 07:10:13 pm »

I love this line. It'd be nice to see a sign w/ this at the game!

This line actually dates back to 1942 when we were invited to the Rose Bowl but declined invite because we had agreed to playin the Sugar Bowl
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2016, 01:58:58 am »

He made a $1 million+ (all in) this year.  We have already discussed this
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2017, 09:03:18 am »

Minnesota reportedly approached Moorhead about its coaching but Moorhead wasn't interested.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2017, 10:13:46 am »

Interesting. I wonder if his contract says something about going to another B1G school.  Although Minnesota has had its issues, these gigs don't come along too often . . .
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2017, 10:28:44 am »

Interesting. I wonder if his contract says something about going to another B1G school.  Although Minnesota has had its issues, these gigs don't come along too often . . .

I wonder if the weather had anything to do with it... there's two seasons in Minn... July and Winter. Too cold for this guy!
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2017, 11:35:39 am »

He made a $1 million+ (all in) this year.  We have already discussed this

I thought we discussed and failed to reach a concrete answer
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2017, 12:05:27 pm »

This line actually dates back to 1942 when we were invited to the Rose Bowl but declined invite because we had agreed to playin the Sugar Bowl

Love it!
Report Spam   Logged
ramdad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2017, 02:33:52 pm »

Love it
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:44 pm »

NO......

Who is "we"?  Do you have Buffalo chip in your pocket?  Either you don't pay attention or you are not a 100 watt'r. Maybe a 10 or 15 watt'r.

Penn St is the 10th largest football program, at least, for budget and revenue.  Franklin made $5 million all in this year.  Do you still think Joe made $400k plus a free car?
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2017, 12:33:10 pm »

NO......

Who is "we"?  Do you have Buffalo chip in your pocket?  Either you don't pay attention or you are not a 100 watt'r. Maybe a 10 or 15 watt'r.

Penn St is the 10th largest football program, at least, for budget and revenue.  Franklin made $5 million all in this year.  Do you still think Joe made $400k plus a free car?
'

you've lost me
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2017, 08:53:04 pm »

'

you've lost me

Exactly....."I thought we discussed and failed to reach a concrete answer"

Yes, we discussed and no we didn't fail, you failed to agree with reality that Coach Joe made/makes $1 mm+ per year at Penn St.

Pretty simple.  I guess deductive and inductive reasoning is not your strong suit.
Report Spam   Logged
ramdad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2017, 07:02:13 am »

Your strong suit is being a jerk
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:47 am »

Exactly....."I thought we discussed and failed to reach a concrete answer"

Yes, we discussed and no we didn't fail, you failed to agree with reality that Coach Joe made/makes $1 mm+ per year at Penn St.

Pretty simple.  I guess deductive and inductive reasoning is not your strong suit.

Haha aright buddy. I've yet to see you create any sort of intelligent discourse on this board... so its safe to say this account is purely to bug us and troll.

what a weird hobby 

Report Spam   Logged
fordhamanhattan
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2017, 01:45:14 pm »

+1 gotta figure this woman or man is a Jasper
Report Spam   Logged
xkaydet65
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2017, 07:50:49 pm »

Rose Hill to the Rose Bowl originated in the 1936 season where the Rams were to be offered the invite when they had defeated NYU in the final game of the season. The Violets rose up and defeated Fordham 7-6 to end the Rose Bowl dream. Source of the story, Leo Paquin to his Latin I class 1B in 1961 . Sorry for the late post but just noticed the comments.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: