fordhamfans.com
May 23, 2017, 02:57:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Joe Moorhead

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Moorhead  (Read 5345 times)
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 02:24:31 pm »

Why were you rooting for Michigan?  An Ohio St. win (which they did) got Penn St. into the Big 10 Championship game. (another financial bonus for Joe)

An OSU loss likely would've removed them from the playoff picture, considering their loss to PSU earlier in the year. Alabama and Clemson look to be locked in for 2/4 spots. Assuming PSU wins their championship game, you'll have a debate between Michigan, OSU and PSU.

I'm not sure what a OSU win did to get PSU into the Big 10 Championship... They're tied in the Big 10 East, and PSU gets the nod with their head to head victory over OSU. PSU earned their bid into the title game with their win over Michigan St.

Am I missing something here?
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 02:26:30 pm »

If Franklin had gotten bounced, JM was in lined up for that job?  Hire a coach from the staff that just got fired?  Coming from an FCS program?   In what world?  Penn State donors would never have let that happen.

Penn St. could never afford to pay the contract termination fee to Franklin that they owed him if they fired him and then turn around a pay another $5 mill+ per year for another top name coach....They would have had to give the job to Joe at $400k + incentives.....Blahahahaha
Report Spam   Logged
w89
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2016, 02:30:24 pm »

A Michigan win would have knocked Penn St. out of the B10 championship game. Michigan would have gone instead based on their head to head against PSU.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2016, 02:33:18 pm »

An OSU loss likely would've removed them from the playoff picture, considering their loss to PSU earlier in the year. Alabama and Clemson look to be locked in for 2/4 spots. Assuming PSU wins their championship game, you'll have a debate between Michigan, OSU and PSU.

I'm not sure what a OSU win did to get PSU into the Big 10 Championship... They're tied in the Big 10 East, and PSU gets the nod with their head to head victory over OSU. PSU earned their bid into the title game with their win over Michigan St.

Yes, you are missing a lot.  Clemson is not a "lock" to win the ACC Championship game this Saturday.  Washington is not a "lock" to win the Pac 12 Championship game this Saturday.  

If Penn St. wins the Big 10 on Saturday you tell me who is in the final 4 beside Bama (assuming they win the SEC) and Ohio St.  Come on 07 are you ok?  It is ok that you are missing something.  

Oh, and by the way, did I tell you that Joe got paid again for an incentive for Penn St. to play in the Big 10 championship game this Saturday.

Guess what happens if they win? (He gets paid again).  Guess what happens if Penn St. finds its way into the Final 4 (Joe gets paid again)

Guess what happens if Penn St. wins the WHOLE ENCHILADA....Joe gets paid again.

Yes you missed something.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »

He is already making well over a million in his current position.  I am sure that his agent (if he has half a brain) included in his contract incentives for performance also including a winning season, bowl eligible, winning his division of the Big Ten, Participating in the Big Ten Championship game and so on and so forth.

Next time I'd go with "Many people are saying..." first. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Man
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 02:44:47 pm »

Baylor job will probably open (Grobe was interim only)
Purdue open
UConn perhaps will open?
BC perhaps will open?
Virginia is a disarray, guy's been there only 2 years but who knows.

I don't think that a ton of Power 5 jobs will open this season.

If UConn Head Coaching job opens up I could see Moorhead going there since he has already coached there.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 02:45:06 pm »

Yes, you are missing a lot.  Clemson is not a "lock" to win the ACC Championship game this Saturday.  Washington is not a "lock" to win the Pac 12 Championship game this Saturday.  

If Penn St. wins the Big 10 on Saturday you tell me who is in the final 4 beside Bama (assuming they win the SEC) and Ohio St.  Come on 07 are you ok?  It is ok that you are missing something.  

Oh, and by the way, did I tell you that Joe got paid again for an incentive for Penn St. to play in the Big 10 championship game this Saturday.

Guess what happens if they win? (He gets paid again).  Guess what happens if Penn St. finds its way into the Final 4 (Joe gets paid again)

Guess what happens if Penn St. wins the WHOLE ENCHILADA....Joe gets paid again.

Yes you missed something.

First off, I said Clemson "seems to be a lock." They took care of business this past weekend, and most people who make a living making these types of projections are putting Clemson in with Alabama. Take note, I'm not speaking in absolute fact like you tend to do. Sure they may lose the ACC championship game, but people out there seem to be confident they'll control that game.

If PSU wins the Big Ten, they're in great position to make the final four, but there's countless articles out there from reputable writers who think the committee may choose OSU over a Conference Champion. I'm not stating that as fact. I'm pointing out that there's a debate out there that PSU may get pushed out over OSU - even with the win.

Thanks to W89 for pointing that out to me.

Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2016, 02:45:39 pm »

Next time I'd go with "Many people are saying..." first. 

Thanks Sparky...
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2016, 02:46:35 pm »

If UConn Head Coaching job opens up I could see Moorhead going there since he has already coached there.

Not in 1 million years unless his agent doesn't have a brain.  Joe's stock is peaking. No way he would go to UCONN.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2016, 02:50:20 pm »

First off, I said Clemson "seems to be a lock." They took care of business this past weekend, and most people who make a living making these types of projections are putting Clemson in with Alabama. Take note, I'm not speaking in absolute fact like you tend to do. Sure they may lose the ACC championship game, but people out there seem to be confident they'll control that game.

If PSU wins the Big Ten, they're in great position to make the final four, but there's countless articles out there from reputable writers who think the committee may choose OSU over a Conference Champion. I'm not stating that as fact. I'm pointing out that there's a debate out there that PSU may get pushed out over OSU - even with the win.

Thanks to W89 for pointing that out to me.

Ohio St. is in 100%, Bama is in 100% as long as they win the SEC and then I would put it at 60% that they are still in the Final 4 even after the loss (which won't happen).  If Washington and\or Clemson lose.  There is a very likely chance that a 2nd Big 10 team is getting in.  It ain't going to be Michigan.  It would be the Big 10 Champion.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2016, 02:54:13 pm »

Only if he were unemployed and he's not.  Tough, tough place to be. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2016, 03:12:21 pm »

I could see him not taking that job since he has already coached there and knows how difficult it is to win there. He would do much better for himself by staying at PSU.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2016, 03:21:06 pm »

Not in 1 million years unless his agent doesn't have a brain.  Joe's stock is peaking. No way he would go to UCONN.
Agreed.  He's surpassed that job after this
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 03:43:17 pm »

I could see him not taking that job since he has already coached there and knows how difficult it is to win there. He would do much better for himself by staying at PSU.

When they were in the Big East for football they were on a roll.  They made it to an FCS Bowl game from a start up in fewer than 10 years.  The AAC isn't getting it done and they're desperate to move. That job is a grave yard until they get their conference situation is straightened out. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 03:47:08 pm »

When they were in the Big East for football they were on a roll.  They made it to an FCS Bowl game from a start up in fewer than 10 years.  The AAC isn't getting it done and they're desperate to move. That job is a grave yard until they get their conference situation is straightened out. 

No doubt. Offensive Coordinator at a B10 school like PSU to a Head Coach at an AAC school is a step down in my view.

Even the BC job is possibly not worth the risk. At the same time, turn that one around and the doors that open could be countless.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2016, 03:54:50 pm »

No doubt. Offensive Coordinator at a B10 school like PSU to a Head Coach at an AAC school is a step down in my view.

Even the BC job is possibly not worth the risk. At the same time, turn that one around and the doors that open could be countless.

Run Joe Run!

You parlayed a Jesuit Head Coaching gig into the big time.  Don't bet on that ever happening twice in your lifetime.   

"Please God ... I beg of you that you keep Joe away from BC. We love him too much for that to happen to one of your children Lord"

Lord ..To show you how much Joe's friends at Fordham love him, just watch how we are willing to discuss his compensation so freely and confidently. 

The real winner in this compensation discussion is his wife. Like many wives she might not be privy to the timing of the variable elements, and the side deals, and such. This most private and intimate of information will help her plan for the kids needs such as education, investments, retirement, etc.  How loved they are by us. Such concern.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2016, 03:58:22 pm »

I think there are a couple of AAC jobs that are pretty good.  UConn isn't one of them, though.  I think BC is worth it because if you flame out, other schools will understand that's a really difficult place to recruit.  Out side of Penn State and maybe Pitt on a good year,  the whole Northeast has become irrelevant in major college football.  It's more visible than an Indiana or Purdue and with a new AD coming in, you'd get a great contract.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2016, 04:25:06 pm »

Thanks Sparky...

Why do you do this
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2016, 04:27:00 pm »

I think there are a couple of AAC jobs that are pretty good.  UConn isn't one of them, though.  I think BC is worth it because if you flame out, other schools will understand that's a really difficult place to recruit.  Out side of Penn State and maybe Pitt on a good year,  the whole Northeast has become irrelevant in major college football.  It's more visible than an Indiana or Purdue and with a new AD coming in, you'd get a great contract.

What's going on at Virginia?  Why can't they win there?
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2016, 04:39:00 pm »

Why do you do this

Because he is a miserable and obnoxious know-it-all misfit who claims to have a relationship to Fordham, but who most likely is a troll.

Sorry, ace, but enough of this guy is enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 04:44:02 pm »

I'm not following you.  PSU's only route to the Big 10 championship was with an OSU win.  Had they lost UM would have won the East title and played Wisc for the championship
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2016, 04:46:57 pm »

Bad recruiting mostly, I think.  They won't take enough chances on borderline academic kids.  A lot of ACC schools are virtually open enrollment for athletes who qualify.   Not so UVA.  A lot of the so called "academically elite" schools people love to point out have a way to get players in. Hello....ND, Duke, Northwestern.... They get players in, they have to pick their spots, though.  I've always heard UVA is really tough in the admissions area, plus they've been down for so long that lack of success breeds lack of success after a while.  Kids don't want to go there because they're never on TV in big games.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 04:53:13 pm »

It's interesting because i was going to say they (UVA) doesn't have that many NFL players to point to recruits and say "Hey Kid this could be you"

But... they actually have a ton of NFL players right now (19). Maybe on average they don't have the same talent level as some of the other teams they play?
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2016, 04:58:48 pm »

It's close to the northeast so I'll throw out there that Maryland will be a very attractive job with that UA money behind it.  They'll give Durkin a good shot though so it might not come open for a bit.  

That said, I believe Joe will only move for a perfectly tee'd up position and something like BC isn't it.  He will stick around for another year at PSU IMO with everyone back on his O and be as hot a commodity as an ass't  as Malzahn was a few years back.  Just my guess.  Until then he has his family close in PA, great cost of living, loads of talent, he is adored by the fans and good $$$'s to boot.  Life is good and he earned it IMO.  Very happy for him
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2016, 05:04:01 pm »

It's close to the northeast so I'll throw out there that Maryland will be a very attractive job with that UA money behind it.  They'll give Durkin a good shot though so it might not come open for a bit.  

That said, I believe Joe will only move for a perfectly tee'd up position and something like BC isn't it.  He will stick around for another year at PSU IMO with everyone back on his O and be as hot a commodity as an ass't  as Malzahn was a few years back.  Just my guess.  Until then he has his family close in PA, great cost of living, loads of talent, he is adored by the fans and good $$$'s to boot.  Life is good and he earned it IMO.  Very happy for him

Maryland is another Northeast graveyard, IMO.  They had a really good coach in Ralph Friegen and they screwed him.  UA pumps the money in but so far little ROI.  Now with the Big 10, I don't know how they get it rolling.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2016, 05:05:07 pm »

Bad recruiting mostly, I think.  They won't take enough chances on borderline academic kids.  A lot of ACC schools are virtually open enrollment for athletes who qualify.   Not so UVA.  A lot of the so called "academically elite" schools people love to point out have a way to get players in. Hello....ND, Duke, Northwestern.... They get players in, they have to pick their spots, though.  I've always heard UVA is really tough in the admissions area, plus they've been down for so long that lack of success breeds lack of success after a while.  Kids don't want to go there because they're never on TV in big games.

Funny b/c rumor at ND is Kelly wants out (or wanted out when LSU was open) b/c the Admissions Office won't play ball...
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2016, 05:13:03 pm »

Funny b/c rumor at ND is Kelly wants out (or wanted out when LSU was open) b/c the Admissions Office won't play ball...

Right??  is there ever a Notre Dame coach who doesn't cry about admissions?  He wasn't saying that when he was in the National Championship game!
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2016, 05:38:55 pm »

Maryland is another Northeast graveyard, IMO.  They had a really good coach in Ralph Friegen and they screwed him.  UA pumps the money in but so far little ROI.  Now with the Big 10, I don't know how they get it rolling.

I disagree.  I think Oregon had little roi with Phil Knight's money until they finally broke through and now they're an elite program.  It takes time but with a ton of money and commitment a program can do it.  There aren't many UA guys out there willing to flush money like that.  I think in 5-10 years they will be a big program.  Not ND but way better than they are now.  Now, whether or not it's wise to pour money towards that pursuit I'll leave to others.

I also think Pitt will make a hard run at Joe if/when Narduzzi upgrades.  Narduzzi could end up back at Mich St if Kelly is out at ND and they bring in D'Antonio
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2016, 05:48:25 pm »

I also think Pitt will make a hard run at Joe if/when Narduzzi upgrades.  Narduzzi could end up back at Mich St if Kelly is out at ND and they bring in D'Antonio

Joe to Pitt at some point is a great call.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2016, 05:56:50 pm »

I disagree.  I think Oregon had little roi with Phil Knight's money until they finally broke through and now they're an elite program.  It takes time but with a ton of money and commitment a program can do it.  There aren't many UA guys out there willing to flush money like that.  I think in 5-10 years they will be a big program.  Not ND but way better than they are now.  Now, whether or not it's wise to pour money towards that pursuit I'll leave to others.

Oregon has the world to themselves up there.  Maryland is in the middle of a huge pro football region.  They've been an afterthought for generations.  Different animal but if Plank is willing to keep feeding the bulldog, who knows?

JM to Pitt some day could work if he wants to wait awhile.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: