fordhamfans.com
August 22, 2017, 07:11:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

A10 Talent Level: 1996-Present

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A10 Talent Level: 1996-Present  (Read 5726 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2016, 05:39:29 pm »

This list covers every A10 quality player since entering A10 play...

Bevon Robin - Eye of the Tiger. Probably the most productive four year player in school history. Carried the program.  Deserved a better end.
Maurice Curtis - Transfer from WVU. One of the most productive forwards we've had. Could jump through the gym. Too bad we didn't get him for an extra year.
Jason Harris - Undersized guard was at his best popping corner pocket treys. Very productive as Bevon Robin's "Robin"
Duke Freeman-McKamey - Best year was his second year as a 12/8 guy. Non-factor by senior year. I don't know the story, was too young.
Ray Carroll - 'Was regarded was the first A10 signing.' - productive guard early on as a FR/SO.
Scott Harmatuk - Texas guard. Good shooter. Valuable piece to the early years.
Alejandro Olivares - Argentinian stretch forward with offensive touch. Macarchuk did well here.
Steve Canal - Four year role player. Not an impact player, and probably not A10 level, but contributed.
Teremun Johnson - A10 athlete, always thought he'd be a better WR than small forward.
Arseni Kuchinsky - Valuable role player. Good shooter, contributed as an upperclassman.
Jeff McMillan - Top 50 Hill recruit. Most productive games were his first year at MSG. Short stay. Found a spot in USC.
Smush Parker - Regardless of what you may think of him, the 'Fordham' name was tied to him in the NBA for many years.
Adrian Walton - Wholelottagame. Fat Joe (who cares?) and not much else. Couldn't adjust to the college game; epitomized the Hill era.
Drew Williamson - Good shooter, and not much more. Not an A10 level player, but there's been far worse. Transferred to Metro St. post Hill.
Michael Haynes - High Major talent, but not a pure shooter. spent his first two years chucking.
Mark Jarrell-Wright - Former Top 100 recruit, Providence Transfer, HS/College knee injuries hurt his explosiveness. Couldn't shoot for s***
Mushon Ya'Akosi - Could be the most unique forward we've ever had. Not the most talented, but had a huge impact in the paint.
John Blackgrove - OK, pure shooter here, and couldn't do anything else. Back injuries ended his career after a good Soph season.
Glenn Batemon - Definitely not Shaq, but that's what Hill was going for. Could only play in 5-8 minute spurts. Never played at Miami.
Jermaine Anderson - Combo guard, overachiever improved every season he was here.
Bryant Dunston - 2004: It was between us and Iona. I toured his parents around campus and Ray Martin sealed the deal. The rest is history.
Marcus Stout - 2004: Good offensive player, not necessarily a natural shooter.
Kevin Anderson - 2004: I know he was a decent defender, nice guy, but when you play 4 on 5 offensively, bad memories.
Sebastian Greene - 2004: Didn't live up to the hype, and definitely not a shooter.
Michael Binns - 2004: Not an A10 starter, but a useable forward. Not sure why DW allowed/encouraged him to shoot beyond 12 feet.
Brenton Butler - 2005: Good A10 guard, one of the better shooters we've had.
Chris Bethel - 2005: A10 talent who was buried by DW. Regressed and lost confidence. Should have transferred to URI/St. Joe's when he had the chance.
Devon Greene (Evertsen) - 2006: BC Transfer, Nike All-American from Arizona. All types of hype. All types of fail. Ended up at Grand Canyon. Yeesh.
Mike Moore - 2008: Didn't do most of his scoring until he left Fordham, but sure...
Jio Fontan - 2008: A bit of Jon Severe before Jon Severe. Wanted no part of DW and left for the west coast.
Alberto Estwick - 2008: Being generous with this add. Low D1 level. 5th piece to DW's '08 class of Fontan, Blue, Gordon, Thomas.
Fahro Alihodzic - 2009: Two good years at UAB after leaving. Notice the trend? Playing professionally overseas.
Marlon Smith - 2009: As Ace pointed out, possibly the biggest bust - without having stepped on the floor. Don't plagiarize.
Chris Gaston - 2009: Obviously had a great four-year career, but did regress each season.
Branden Frazier - 2010: Succeeded Brenton Butler, played a similar game with comparable results. Good but not great.
Kervin Bristol - 2010: Very solid senior season. Sign me up for another KB.
Marvin Dominique - 2010: 3ppg at Fordham, 16.5ppg at St. Peter's. Another example of a decent player excelling after he leaves Fordham.
Bryan Smith - 2011: Never filled it up as expected. Expected to have pro range with consistency. Never saw that.
Ryan Canty - 2011: Solid A10 backup big-man. Good guy. Had some good moments, limited by injuries.
Mandell Thomas - 2012: As I look over the list, Thomas turned out to be a cross between Stout and Brenton Butler. Good A10 guard.
Ryan Rhoomes - 2012: Developed into an All-Conference caliber F/C. You can count on this list how many we've had...
Jon Severe - 2013: Scored the ball pretty well in Year 1. I wouldn't call him a natural shooter. You know the rest of this story.
Antwoine Anderson - 2013: Does some good things, I'd call him an A10 backup guard. Does Tavares join the list? Probably.
Eric Paschall - 2014: The most talented recruit we've brought in. Would be on a CPY level had he remained.
Christian Sengfelder - 2014: A10 forward, a good one, but not a leading piece.
Joseph Chartouny - 2015: Has the guile you want in a guard, not sure you would call him a 'shooter'

The quantity of talented players we've brought in has decreased. The quality of player development has decreased. It's interesting to note the lack of PURE SHOOTERS the program has been unable to attract...DW's mistakes murdered Pecora's teams, and Pecora's waste has hurt JN's...Listen to some of these names/school transfers to get a feel for the lack of talent. No different from the Ashanti Burke/Khiry Gordon/Luka Zivkovic misses. The current team (2016-17) will inevitably add to this list: David Pekarek, Cavit Havsa, Jesse Bunting, Nemanja Zarkovic, Sinan Saglam, etc. The cycle continues -

John Pugh - Four year player was overmatched by several dominant A10 big men. 6'10 215 doesn't cut it against Lari Ketner and Alexander Koul.
Greg Griffin - Macarchuk Alabama JUCO transfer was a tough rebounder, just wrong sport. Would have been a good football player.
Phil Dupree - Huge Hill hype. Did absolutely nothing Part 1.
Chris Duckrey - Huge Hill hype. Did absolutely nothing Part 2.
Antoine Knighton - Huge Hill hype. Did absolutely nothing Part 3.
Liberto Tetimadingar - Don't need to touch this one.
Cori Spencer - Never lived up to expectations. Ended up at Stony Brook.
Ashanti Burke - Possibly the most uncoordinated 'shooting forward' I've ever seen.
Anthonique Wilson - Not horrible, but definitely not good. This was a bad miss here.
Mitar Zivanovic - A Hill reject. Ended up at Cal. I mean...California University of Pennsylvania. My favorite story of the DW era: Mitar blocking Michael Haynes in practice, DW running onto the floor screaming, "That's right! Michael Haynes ain't s***!" Mitar's finest moment. DW's only fine moment.
Derrick Breland - 2003: Brought in from BU. Was not bad, or good. Left DW, played a bit in Germany.
Dominic Osei - 2003: DW's first, Lincoln HS. Non D1 player. Not even close.
Corey McCrae - 2004: I know he had a few good games, but the DW/Wagner connection brought him here. Non-D1.
Demetrius Phillips - 2005: A gem, thanks Stringer. Two lost years at FU, moved on to Bridgeport - and eventually played pro in Denmark.
David Boykin - 2006: Bridgeport, didn't last a season. Openly critical of DW, went on to play overseas for a few years.
Dan Landisch - 2006: After two years on DW's bench, found the bench on the football team.
Herb Tanner - 2006: 3Star recruit. 4Star scrub. Is that harsh? Stayed all four years, but was just horrible at basketball. Every year.
Jacob Green - 2006: Unclear how we was ever a Big East recruit. The most underwhelming transfer we've had. The anti-Mo Curtis.
Ryan Munson - 2006: Walk on who DW did hand out a ship too. Non factor. Pretty sure he was injured too.
Zach Wing - 2007: Don't think he was on scholarship, but DW may have handed one out.
Trey Blue - 2008: Illinois St. / Vermont
Khiry Gordon - 2008: Mercy College
Lamar Thomas - 2008: Package deal, thank you Khiry. Houston Baptist.
Lance Brown - 2009: William Patterson
Brennan Melvin - 2009: JUCO in FL?
Brian Freeman - 2009: Binghamton. Didn't he earn a technical foul pre-game dunking, without ever playing in a game?
Danny Thompson - 2009: Somewhere in New Zealand? Had DW's physique...
Jeff Short - 2010: Norfolk State. Another of my hype machine favorites. Good athlete, not a basketball player.
Rayner Moquette - 2010: This was Grasso's first signing, 11th hour. Binghamton after?
Lamount Samuell - 2011: weapons charge, not to be confused with St. John's
Fatty McMillan - 2012: Hofstra commit / LIU Post
Jermaine Myers - 2012: Came in as a "starter"...ended up at Northwood University
Travion Leonard - 2012: Good feet, good hands, should have been an offensive tackle. Ended up at Barry University.
Jared Fay - 2012: Dominican College
Jake Fay - 2013: Hartford
Chris Whitehead - 2013: Bellarmine
Zaire Thompson - 2014: Neptune for all I know. Back to Germany?
Manny Suarez - 2014: Adelphi
Dekeba Battee-Aston - 2015
Nych Smith - 2015: FSWS College, that's Florida SouthWestern State
Jashire Hardnett - 2015: Chipola College

"The Almost Section" (commits/near commits)
Lukasz 'Woo' Obrzut - (Kentucky) - Hyped as a potential NBA prospect at 7'1'. Shay Berry and the hills of Poland...minimal contributor at UK
Mani Messy - 2003: (Seton Hall)
Will Thomas - 2004: (George Mason)
Dexter Gray - 2004: (St. John's)
Chris Lowe - 2005: (UMASS)
Joel "Air Jamaica" Wright - 2005: (Duquesne/Texas State)
Garvin Hunt - 2008: (Penn)
Keith Thomas - (Westchester JUCO / ineligible at St. John's)
Jordan Williams - 2009: (Maryland)
Sherrod Wright - 2009: (George Mason)
O.D. Anosike - 2009: (Siena) - Good call, John...Brian Freeman really made the O.D. loss worth it)
Sean Armand - 2010: (Iona) My personal favorite, a problem changing mistake by Pecora
Taran Buie - 2010: (Penn State/Hofstra)
Anthony Myers - 2010: (Robert Morris)
Will Regan - 2010: (UVA)
Jayon James - 2010: Iona (didn't miss anything here, Grasso)
Myles Mack - 2011: (Rutgers)
John Kopriva - 2011: (George Washington)
Daniel Dingle - 2012: (Temple)
Majok Majok - 2012: (Ball State)
Michael Ramey - 2012: (Ball State/Southern Miss)
Nick Osborne - 2012 (Loyola Chicago/IUPUI)
Hassan Martin - 2013: (URI)
Denzel Gregg - 2013 (St. Bonaventure)
Chris Jenkins - 2013 - (Hofstra/NJIT) - A Pecora miss. Didn't miss much.
Martez Walker - 2013: (Texas /Oakland)
Nathan Ekwu - 2014: (Davidson)
Yuta Watanabe - 2014: (George Washington)
Paul Jorgensen - 2014: (George Washington)
Angel Delgado - 2014: (Seton Hall)
Adonis DelaRosa - 2014: (St. Johns)
Matt Farrell - 2014: (Notre Dame)
Mike Williams - 2014: (Rutgers)
Desure Buie - 2015: (Hofstra)
Matt Ryan - 2015: (Notre Dame)
Matt Zignorski - 2015: (Holy Cross)
Tyler Cavanaugh - 2015: (George Washington)
Amadou Sidibe - (Grasso University commitment seven years ago / Fairfield)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:25:00 am by PeterMartin08 » Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Social Buttons

x6thman
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 06:08:47 pm »

First, I don't think we should speculate about who from the current squad might transfer - nothing good comes from that.

Second, I generally agree with your assessments (this definitely brings back some names I haven't thought about in awhile), but my question is "now therefore".....? UConn hasn't had more than 1-2 pure shooters since 2002 and they won 3 national championships during that period.

I think the point you're making though is we've had some good A-10 players during this time, but also some guys who have struggled at this level. I agree with you, but I'm also not sure that a lot of teams in similar circumstances don't have the same problem.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:32:42 pm »

I think the point you're making though is we've had some good A-10 players during this time, but also some guys who have struggled at this level. I agree with you, but I'm also not sure that a lot of teams in similar circumstances don't have the same problem.

I would prefer more basketball players, and fewer wing forwards that can't shoot nor play basketball. Separate point, several of the "good" guards we've had, were not necessarily shooters. I want more natural shooters. Manhattan found one in Shane Richards, plucked him right out of a pick up game I was guarding him in. They are out there. As i mentioned in bold, player development has decreased. Quantity of talented players has decreased.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:00:58 pm »

Good list, not easy to put together. I think you forgot one of the best, if not the best we have had in that time. Bryant Dunston.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 07:14:45 pm »

I would prefer more basketball players, and fewer wing forwards that can't shoot nor play basketball. Separate point, several of the "good" guards we've had, were not necessarily shooters. I want more natural shooters. Manhattan found one in Shane Richards, plucked him right out of a pick up game I was guarding him in. They are out there. As i mentioned in bold, player development has decreased. Quantity of talented players has decreased.

Good list and good description of each. There were maybe a few decent shooters but no one to write home about, Even the Butlers and Fraziers had their moments but I could remember some real clunkers from them also. One of my favorites was JA and you were right he improved each year he was here.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 08:30:15 pm »

Good list, , not sure why the limit back to 02 but we did have a few prior ( Jason Harris, Bevon Robin, Scott Harmatuck, Maurice Curtis ).  Same story as your list, just not enough.  J Rock might have been the most complete player on your list.

I commend your list but I think it did miss a few off the recent zonkers of all time. i would submit Brennan Melvin, Brian Freeman and Danny Thompson.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:52:45 pm by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 08:51:19 pm »

Good list, , not sure why the limit back to 02 but we did have a few prior ( Jason Harris, Bevon Robin, Scott Harmatuck, Maurice Curtis ).  Same story as your list, just not enough.  J Rock might have been the most complete on your list.

How could you have left the trivia question off the zonkers list!

People were ready to run off Jermaine Anderson after his freshman year. Not saying all guys will improve like he did b/c most do not, but something to think about when people are ready to run off a guy they have seen play for a total of 10 minutes.  Also shows how very often improvement is very much up to the individual.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:55:59 pm »

People were ready to run off Jermaine Anderson after his freshman year. Not saying all guys will improve like he did b/c most do not, but something to think about when people are ready to run off a guy they have seen play for a total of 10 minutes.  Also shows how very often improvement is very much up to the individual.

Catch 22.  Too many of these kids are too fickle to stick around and they jump ship after a tough freshman year. I think many of us have simply come to expect that will happen with a good portion of them.  They dont give themselves the opportunity to get better because they all want to play major minutes immediately. For every J Rock or Rhoomes there are 20 Nych Smiths.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 09:14:27 pm »

Catch 22.  Too many of these kids are too fickle to stick around and they jump ship after a tough freshman year. I think many of us have simply come to expect that will happen with a good portion of them.  They dont give themselves the opportunity to get better because they all want to play major minutes immediately. For every J Rock or Rhoomes there are 20 Nych Smiths.

Without a doubt. The desire for instant gratification goes both ways. There is close to zero patience on either end. There are less guys willing to put the time in to be contributors for only one or two seasons. Fewer fans are willing to give players that time nowadays also.

The point I should have stressed more however was that improvement is very much on the player. Most would say that few players improved under Hill and DW, yet Jermaine Anderson managed to do so.
Report Spam   Logged

Stringer Bell
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 09:19:25 pm »

I commend your list but I think it did miss a few off the recent zonkers of all time. i would submit Brennan Melvin, Brian Freeman and Danny Thompson.

I'll add Lamar Thomas, Fahro Alihodzic (showed flashes at times), Rayner Moquete, Luka Zivkovic... it's a long list.  
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 09:32:39 pm »

Biggest busts in the last 15 or so years, if you ask me, are Marlon Smith and Devon Greene (originally Evertson). Transfers from Penn State and Boston College respectively who never stepped foot on the court in a Fordham uniform. Those guys on the Dunston/Stout teams and DW might still be coaching at Fordham. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 09:36:08 pm »

This list covers every A10 quality player we've had since '02, IMO.

It's interesting to note the lack of PURE SHOOTERS the program has been unable to attract...

Michael Haynes - High Major talent, but not a pure shooter. spent his first two years chucking.
Mark Jarrell-Wright - Former Top 100 recruit, Providence Transfer, HS/College knee injuries hurt his explosiveness. Couldn't shoot for s***
John Blackgrove - OK, pure shooter here, and couldn't do anything else. Back injuries ended his career after a good Soph season.
Jermaine Anderson - Combo guard, overachiever improved every season he was here.
Marcus Stout - Good offensive player, not necessarily a natural shooter.
Brenton Butler - Good A10 guard, one of the better shooters we've had.
Sebastian Greene - Didn't live up to the hype, and definitely not a shooter.
Mike Moore - Didn't do most of his scoring until he left Fordham, but sure...
Jio Fontan - A bit of Jon Severe before Jon Severe. Wanted no part of DW and left for the west coast.
Chris Gaston - Obviously had a great four-year career, but did regress each season.
Trey Blue - I'm marking him down rather than Estwick or Lance Brown, but all three were lower D1 guys. Blue was the best shooter of them.
Branden Frazier - Succeeded Brenton Butler, played a similar game with comparable results. Good but not great.
Marvin Dominique - I'm being generous by calling him an A10 player. Had some success after he left...
Kervin Bristol - Very solid senior season. Sign me up for another KB.
Bryan Smith - Never filled it up as expected. Expected to have pro range with consistency. Never saw that.
Fatty McMillan - Massive Pecora fail. Not a shooter. Not a PG. And not much of a basketball player...
Jeff Short - Another of my hype machine favorites. Good athlete, not a basketball player.
Mandell Thomas - As I look over the list, Thomas turned out to be a cross between Stout and Brenton Butler. Good A10 guard.
Jon Severe - Scored the ball pretty well in Year 1. I wouldn't call him a natural shooter. You know the rest of this story.
Ryan Rhoomes - Developed into an All-Conference caliber F/C. You can count on this list how many we've had...
Eric Paschall - The most talented recruit we've brought in. Would be on a CPY level had he remained.
Joseph Chartouny - Has the guile you want in a guard, not sure you would call him a 'shooter'
Christian Sengfelder - A10 forward, a good one, but not a leading piece.
Antwoine Anderson - Does some good things, I'd call him an A10 backup guard. Does Tavares join the list? Maybe.

The quantity of talented players we've brought in has decreased. The quality of player development has decreased. DW's mistakes murdered Pecora's teams, and Pecora's waste has hurt JN's...Listen to some of these names/school transfers to get a feel for the lack of talent. No different from the Ashanti Burke/Khiry Gordon/Luka Zivkovic misses. The current team (2016-17) will inevitably add to this list: David Pekarek, Cavit Havsa, Jesse Bunting, Nemanja Zarkovic, Sinan Saglam, etc. The cycle continues -

Travion Leonard - Barry
Jermaine Myers - Northwood
Chris Whitehead - Bellarmine
Jake Fay - Hartford
Jared Fay - Dominican College
Zaire Thompson - Neptune for all I know
Nyah Smith - FSWS College, that's Florida SouthWestern State
Jashire Hardnett - Chipola College
Manny Suarez - Adelphi

Absent from the list is a player who might be welcome on today's team: Mushon Yakosi.  Not a great shooter but he brought a lot of toughness to his other skills and he complimented Byrant Dunston very well for unfortunately only one year.   After that, Dunston never had someone like MY to take the rebounding pressure off of him.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 09:41:52 pm »

Good list, not easy to put together. I think you forgot one of the best, if not the best we have had in that time. Bryant Dunston.

Dunston? Name is vaguely familiar.

Thanks. will add.

will also add the less memorable for the bottom section.

Report Spam   Logged

PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 09:42:37 pm »

Any name I had initially missed will be included in the initial post. Thanks, all.
Report Spam   Logged

PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 10:13:22 pm »

Biggest busts in the last 15 or so years, if you ask me, are Marlon Smith and Devon Greene (originally Evertson). Transfers from Penn State and Boston College respectively who never stepped foot on the court in a Fordham uniform. Those guys on the Dunston/Stout teams and DW might still be coaching at Fordham. Wink

I added both. Re: Greene Evertsen...Nike All-American out of Arizona. Ended up at Grand Canyon St and then played in Morocco. Highly unusual.
Report Spam   Logged

ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 10:21:06 pm »

I believe Lamar Thomas was the guy who came with Khiry Gordon from whatever school it is they came from. That was one heck of a package deal. Not sure how it compares to the Fay package deal.
Report Spam   Logged

PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 10:28:10 pm »

I believe Lamar Thomas was the guy who came with Khiry Gordon from whatever school it is they came from. That was one heck of a package deal. Not sure how it compares to the Fay package deal.

That's it. And I believe Gordon was the real prize as a 6'7' slasher. Ugh, just brutal...

A quick search shows he ended up at Mercy College.

We gave Jared a ship to get Jake Fay in. Christmas for the Fay family.

Jake Fay went on to play 22 minutes of basketball for Hartford University. The entire 2015-16 season. 22 minutes. Not 22 PPG, or 22 MPG. He played 22 minutes the entire season.
Report Spam   Logged

Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 10:49:04 pm »

Ryan Munson.

Report Spam   Logged
FU85
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 11:05:40 pm »

What about 6' 10 West V transfer jake Green? Another bust!
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 11:20:58 pm »

Munson was a walk-on, I believe? Probably given a DW 'ship towards the end.

Jake Green was the anti-Chr...I mean, anti-Mo Curtis from WVU. Horrible basketball player.
Report Spam   Logged

greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 11:52:54 pm »

I can't resist.  Lamount Samuell, part of ruining the one vaguely promising Gaston season (along with Pecora and a blizzard).  Gifted the starting PG reins I think a day after he became eligible to practice, at expense of Butler who was getting used to position after a rough start.  Don't carry a weapon to a murder.  On topic, arguably the worst shooter among guards on the list.
Report Spam   Logged
FU85
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 12:02:44 am »

Here's another one, a front line of Luke Devine and zach wing.  How us it possible to be so bad so long?
Report Spam   Logged
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2016, 05:34:25 am »

FU85 , we are bad this long because it is not an administration / board priority. Never has , and I hate to say it , never will.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2016, 08:02:34 am »

Here's another one, a front line of Luke Devine and zach wing.  How us it possible to be so bad so long?

Because we give scholarships to guys like Luke Devine and Zachary Wing.
Report Spam   Logged
97Ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2016, 08:04:13 am »

Chris Bethel was a guy who I thought was an a10 talent, but he never clicked with the coaches and didn't get a ton of minutes. He'd play 5 minutes a game and still manage to score 8 points and grab 4 boards.  

Drew Williamson was one of the better shooters of the Bad Coach era, and had a pretty promising freshman year. He transferred to Metro State after his sophomore year and went on to play professionally in Australia.  
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2016, 09:26:38 am »

I cringed and laughed on greenwood's reminder on Samuell. I'll find a category for him, maybe next to Liberto Tetimadingar. Perhaps I'll expand the list for 85 and include the 90s guys...

Devine was atrocious. I don't believe Wing was on scholarship. Nick Vita too.

Bethel was very talented, nice guy too. Still talk to him. DW had it out for him.

Drew Williamson was a good shooter, and not much more. I'll add him to the list. Not an A10 level player, but there's been far worse.
Report Spam   Logged

Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 09:28:44 am »

I understand this list starts at '02 and we can't take a walk down memory lane with every recruit but let me mention a recruit who just misses the cut-off (he left in '02) -- Adrian Walton.  

Lots of hype.  Even more drama.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2016, 09:29:35 am »

That's it. And I believe Gordon was the real prize as a 6'7' slasher. Ugh, just brutal...

A quick search shows he ended up at Mercy College.

We gave Jared a ship to get Jake Fay in. Christmas for the Fay family.

Jake Fay went on to play 22 minutes of basketball for Hartford University. The entire 2015-16 season. 22 minutes. Not 22 PPG, or 22 MPG. He played 22 minutes the entire season.
Jake is still on the Hartford team this year as a JR.  Is that possible? It doesn't appear from the stats that he been on the court for any playing time season. 2 wasted scholies for FU on 2 players after it seemed clear from their HS senior year performance that they couldn't contribute. Yet they still came.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2016, 09:35:26 am »

I cringed and laughed on greenwood's reminder on Samuell. I'll find a category for him, maybe next to Liberto Tetimadingar. Perhaps I'll expand the list for 85 and include the 90s guys...

Devine was atrocious. I don't believe Wing was on scholarship. Nick Vita too.

Bethel was very talented, nice guy too. Still talk to him. DW had it out for him.

Drew Williamson was a good shooter, and not much more. I'll add him to the list. Not an A10 level player, but there's been far worse.

Bethel should've been a major player for us.  For whatever physic reason DW wasn't ready to play him until his Jr year. Then he got academic problems followed by an injury Sr year and was gone.  A real spark plug player that was squanded. He deserved better.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 09:41:37 am »

Bethel should've been a major player for us.  For whatever physic reason DW wasn't ready to play him until his Jr year. Then he got academic problems followed by an injury Sr year and was gone.  A real spark plug player that was squanded. He deserved better.

It was a personality thing. Bethel was a sensitive guy, DW just obliterated him. He could have helped all four years. Instead he was used as a spare part.

Come to think of it, I'll add Michael Binns to the list. Binns was decent, but not nearly as talented as Bethel.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: