fordhamfans.com
May 23, 2017, 02:54:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

2017 SCHEDULE

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 SCHEDULE  (Read 1949 times)
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 06:07:23 pm »

We have now devolved into a "Homecoming opponent"  Cry

By "we" are you a Yalie or Holy Cross?

This is our football team we are discussing.  Not men's basketball.  8-3 last year, with one or two spots away from an at large bid. 
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 08:22:06 pm »

We have now devolved into a "Homecoming opponent"  Cry

For a club football team, that's not so bad...
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 09:02:15 pm »

By "we" are you a Yalie or Holy Cross?

This is our football team we are discussing.  Not men's basketball.  8-3 last year, with one or two spots away from an at large bid. 

Not sure I understand your retort. You do realize Sader was making a self denigrating comment about his HC Crusaders, right?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 09:11:53 pm »

Sader = Crusader, Scott, but hey, take a shot at our men's basketball team. Why not.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 10:53:22 pm »

its football man... any team can win a single game. Navy is a very good program that find itself in and out of the top 25. We shouldn't play teams like that. Do you follow that logic? Most people agreed we'd get whooped against Navy.  Their loss to Army doesn't change my point.

We better get ready for West Point, they could blow us out with our defensive tturmoil.  They will be hungry for us after us beating them the last time.  I don't like the match up and hopefully this the last time we play them. This "relationship " is a total one way street.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 10:11:42 am »

We better get ready for West Point, they could blow us out with our defensive tturmoil.  They will be hungry for us after us beating them the last time.  I don't like the match up and hopefully this the last time we play them. This "relationship " is a total one way street.

Agreed 100%. Some people like to discredit our Army win from a few years ago, but I think anytime you go on the road and beat a BCS opponent its a big accomplishment.

I'm not sure what you mean by defensive turmoil though. Turning over the staff could be a good thing. We'll see what happens on that front, but landing that DL transfer from Cuse is obviously a good start. I'd like us to go out and get someone else, but easier said then done.

I'm excited to see what we do on the defensive side this off-season.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 12:26:13 pm »

Money is not the only consideration for an opponent in my somewhat humble opinion. Anytime Fordham can play a big three service academy, I am all for it. I love going to West Point and Annapolis but maybe some 60's hippies still hold some animus for our fighting men. God bless them, it is still a free country. I only feel inspired when I see them.

Certain old timers (see above) seem to think that if you express an opinion unfavorable to the continuation of the Army-Fordham football series, you might be a 60s hippie with animus for our fighting men. Well, age obviously does not necessarily confer wisdom.

And, by the way, before 2011 this ancient series consisted of three games, played in 1891, 1899, and 1949.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
jimbo65
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 12:57:06 pm »

Certain old timers (see above) seem to think that if you express an opinion unfavorable to the continuation of the Army-Fordham football series, you might be a 60s hippie with animus for our fighting men. Well, age obviously does not necessarily confer wisdom.

And, by the way, before 2011 this ancient series consisted of three games, played in 1891, 1899, and 1949.
Three times in over 100 years is quite a tradition, about equal to the frequency of men's basketball having a winning season.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 06:32:13 pm »

Not sure I understand your retort. You do realize Sader was making a self denigrating comment about his HC Crusaders, right?

No, not at all Jimbo.  I've not gotten to the point that I have dossiers on all of you.

Just some of you!!  Wink

But I didn't assume. I actually asked him if he was.  Being a Holy Cross guy he might have missed that.

But then ... the question was lost on several Rams as well (ouch)

Peace, brothers

Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 08:57:22 pm »

Agreed 100%. Some people like to discredit our Army win from a few years ago, but I think anytime you go on the road and beat a BCS opponent its a big accomplishment.

I'm not sure what you mean by defensive turmoil though. Turning over the staff could be a good thing. We'll see what happens on that front, but landing that DL transfer from Cuse is obviously a good start. I'd like us to go out and get someone else, but easier said then done.

I'm excited to see what we do on the defensive side this off-season.

I actually agree with everything that you say.....See, I told you that we could agree.  The Army win was huge.  BCS opponent on the road....Yes that was a huge win. 

What I mean by turmoil is that we have had and are having a huge turnover with defensive coaches.  Most likely there are multiple reasons behind this including better opportunities and being handed your off the record walking papers.  Until we see what the outcome is I would say that this is turmoil.  Most likely our defense can't be worse than last year but until we see the product we won't know.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2017, 04:36:50 pm »

Save for the last mile onto Base, it is an enjoyable game day at USMA. Beer at Michie. Cadets go out of their way to welcome you.

You can now get Pepe's pizza in Danbury and Yonkers, so no reason to drive up for that cuisine. Lobstah Rolls (CT style, with Butter vs Mayo) nearby to New Haven.

We got creamed by Navy, so I don't think we will be going back for a while.

Air Force? Has Fordham ever played in Colorado?

Report Spam   Logged

#ProudToBeARam

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: