fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:28:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Will We we win another Game?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will We we win another Game?  (Read 1786 times)
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 11:59:25 am »

This is a joke right?  When you posted no none of the guys you talk about above were playing that way.  Hell we wanted Anderson benched and Hawkins run out of town before the Christmas break last year.  The refrain which I was a part of was that losing Thomas and Rhoomes doomed us and we would not win a conference game after a horrible OOC.  High tempo offense?  We were one of the slowest offenses in the nation. 

I am concerned about what is going on but we were here last year and ended up improving as the year went on and winning games.  Not as many as we wanted but that conference season was entertaining after the SJU loss.

I think the difference from last year is the injuries.  I don't recall but did we lose any key players early last year for the season?  Being short Ohams and Bunting is what makes this year different IMO. (And believe me, I will admit that last year I didn't think Bunting would be a key piece. Now I'm not sure how we do without him.)
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 12:01:14 pm »

Yes, we lost Zarko and Pekarek for most of the year. Hicks was the entire year and Slanina a good chunk near the end.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 12:09:38 pm »

Yes, we lost Zarko and Pekarek for most of the year. Hicks was the entire year and Slanina a good chunk near the end.

Lost Chartouny for part of conference season.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 12:25:32 pm »

Lost Chartouny for part of conference season.

People really do forget. We played walk-ons and Saglam in conference games last year. There were games when we would have died to have 8 players.
Report Spam   Logged
Vinseiro2
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 12:33:49 pm »

Our next three games are at home against relatively weak opponents.  Two of them have already lost to Manhattan, and each of them has been giving up plenty of points.  Let's see if we can string three games with solid results on both offense and defense.  I'd make a concerted effort to ride Evans and Chartouny these three games to get them going.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 12:34:30 pm »

Our next three games are at home against relatively weak opponents.  Two of them have already lost to Manhattan, and each of them has been giving up plenty of points.  Let's see if we can string three games with solid results on both offense and defense.  I'd make a concerted effort to ride Evans and Chartouny these three games to get them going.

Agreed. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
FU85
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 12:39:19 pm »

Dude, that post of mine you are replying to was from January last year.

And im sober, that makes it worse
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 12:50:59 pm »

Yes, need some confidence.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 01:01:35 pm »

Could see us winning 2 of the next 3 and then 2 more of the following 12.

Interested in player development. Need to know if Tre Evans is going to be one of the answers.

18-19: Slanina, Chuba, Portley, Evans, Austin, Honor, Hicks, Raut.

That's eight basketball players. Need eleven. Need more talent. Need more athletes. Need more forwards.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 01:41:33 pm »

Saturday   
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 01:42:30 pm »

Could see us winning 2 of the next 3 and then 2 more of the following 12.

Interested in player development. Need to know if Tre Evans is going to be one of the answers.

18-19: Slanina, Chuba, Portley, Evans, Austin, Honor, Hicks, Raut.

That's eight basketball players. Need eleven. Need more talent. Need more athletes. Need more forwards.

Bunting should be back who would help and Gazi is a Big East transfer so not sure why we would disregard him. I agree that this year is showing that we need at least 1 moire big body.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2017, 01:46:48 pm »

Bunting should be back who would help and Gazi is a Big East transfer so not sure why we would disregard him. I agree that this year is showing that we need at least 1 moire big body.

RE: Bunting, you don't know that. Gazi was one of the most unproductive players in all of D1. You need 2 legit forwards.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2017, 04:33:18 pm »

RE: Bunting, you don't know that. Gazi was one of the most unproductive players in all of D1. You need 2 legit forwards.

Well I don't KNOW any of this for sure. Just like you don't know how many basketball players we have for next season only 6 games into this season.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2017, 04:59:52 pm »

Well I don't KNOW any of this for sure. Just like you don't know how many basketball players we have for next season only 6 games into this season.

so rather than be sarcastic back to you, here's what I'll say.

Any word from JN re: Bunting has not been encouraging on the injury front. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see him again. And if we do, he definitely can't be counted on.

My count of # of players for next year is an optimistic exercise.
Report Spam   Logged

PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2017, 05:05:29 pm »

As for the thread's question, will we win another game? Yes. And many will be incredibly enthusiastic to see us defeat Maine, St. Francis, and Florida A&M.

Season O/U, 8.5?

As I said earlier, I'm more interested in player development at this point. Is Tre Evans a legitimate scorer? Does Perris Hicks have more to give? Can Slanina develop into an All-Conference caliber forward? Is Ivan Raut a starter? and so forth.
Report Spam   Logged

ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2017, 05:05:56 pm »

so rather than be sarcastic back to you, here's what I'll say.

Any word from JN re: Bunting has not been encouraging on the injury front. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see him again. And if we do, he definitely can't be counted on.

My count of # of players for next year is an optimistic exercise.

If Bunting transfers, he needs to sit out next year too.  I'd say it's more likely that he plays next year and leaves after he graduates so he doesn't need to sit out.

I'm still confused how he could play so well on Sunday if he needs surgery.  I will agree with you that something doesn't add up
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2017, 06:39:57 pm »

As for the thread's question, will we win another game? Yes. And many will be incredibly enthusiastic to see us defeat Maine, St. Francis, and Florida A&M.

Season O/U, 8.5?

As I said earlier, I'm more interested in player development at this point. Is Tre Evans a legitimate scorer? Does Perris Hicks have more to give? Can Slanina develop into an All-Conference caliber forward? Is Ivan Raut a starter? and so forth.

Awful that it's about next year already.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2017, 07:47:24 pm »

Awful that it's about next year already.

It’s not. Just because a fan or even fans say it, it does not make it so.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2017, 08:29:07 pm »

Need eleven. Need more talent. Need more athletes. Need more forwards.

every year we say the same thing. I think JN can coach but I am not high on his recruiting three years in. Needs more balance regardless of system. coming in everyone knew question in and depth of front court was a liability and nothing was done.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:04 am »

If Bunting transfers, he needs to sit out next year too.  I'd say it's more likely that he plays next year and leaves after he graduates so he doesn't need to sit out.

I'm still confused how he could play so well on Sunday if he needs surgery.  I will agree with you that something doesn't add up

And Neubauer called him day to day after the Manhattan game.  That seems odd if surgery was already scheduled.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2017, 10:58:44 am »

We will never win another game. Ever.

Best post.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2017, 10:59:50 am »

Itís not. Just because a fan or even fans say it, it does not make it so.

Correct, this thread is actually about last year!  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
charlietags
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2017, 04:36:00 pm »

Yes this post was about last year and then Coach N turned it around to make it halfway respectable. This year is turning out worse IMO>
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2017, 04:44:57 pm »

Yes this post was about last year and then Coach N turned it around to make it halfway respectable. This year is turning out worse IMO>

We know it was about last year, Charlie. Rich93 revived it to prove a point.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: