fordhamfans.com
August 22, 2017, 07:13:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

RHG renovations

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RHG renovations  (Read 12661 times)
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:57:25 pm »

check your e-mail.  E-mail has been sent out from Development re: "renovations" to the RHG and naming the McLaughlin family court.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 03:01:31 pm »

can you post? didn't get it for some reason.
Report Spam   Logged
98ramgrad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 03:02:09 pm »

they just jinxed the court...
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:03:11 pm »

can't right now.  will try later unless someone beats me to the punch.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 03:07:06 pm »

can't right now.  will try later unless someone beats me to the punch.

thx
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 03:08:26 pm »

Dear Fordham Athletics Fan,

I believe in the singular and powerful role that varsity athletics plays in the development of well-rounded student athletes, and in athletics programs’ ability to help shape the University’s national profile and elevate its brand. As a fellow donor and advocate for Fordham athletics, I would like to share with you two initiatives benefiting athletics that are now underway: The naming of the Frank McLaughlin Family Basketball Court and the creation of the Fordham Football Office Suite.

I believe these two projects, each costing $2.5 million, have the potential to help transform athletics at Fordham. Since the summer of 2016, we have been in the quiet phase of fundraising, during which time a small group of donors has made generous leadership gifts and pledges of approximately $1.3 million.

The project to name the Rose Hill Gym basketball court in honor of Fordham mainstay and long-time athletics director Frank McLaughlin, FCRH ’69, will include new lower spectator seating, a new state-of-the-art wood floor, a hospitality suite in the upper balcony, and a fund to help support charter flights for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. Learn more about the Frank McLaughlin Family Basketball Court initiative.

In recent years, Fordham’s football team has recaptured its élan and winning tradition. To help sustain this progress, we are planning to move and upgrade the football offices and conference rooms within the Lombardi Center. With the deep renovation and expansion of these spaces, the coaching staff and team will have a fitting and well-appointed home base, leading to enhanced recruitment efforts, the empowerment of the coaches, and heightened communication among team members and the coaching staff. Learn more about the Fordham Football Office Suite initiative.

I invite you to learn more about these projects, and to consider making an investment that will help turn them into reality. Your fully deductible gift to one or both of these initiatives will make all the difference in helping us achieve our goals in 2017 and beyond.

Finally, I wish you and your loved ones a very happy and fulfilling new year. Go Rams!

I remain most gratefully yours,

Roger A. Milici, Jr.
Vice President for Development and University Relations
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 03:12:21 pm »

so stupid
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 03:13:59 pm »

What a disgrace. A failed AD who set us back 2 generations by moving us to the PL.  A failed fund raiser and they name the court after him.  Absolute disgrace.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 03:14:25 pm »

State of the art wood floor, as opposed to what?  Does our new wood get treated with a blue pill?   Afro
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 03:15:13 pm »

Is Frank's brain being used for the wood?
Report Spam   Logged
Ram I Am
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »

Dear Fordham Athletics Fan,

I believe in the singular and powerful role that varsity athletics plays in the development of well-rounded student athletes, and in athletics programs’ ability to help shape the University’s national profile and elevate its brand. As a fellow donor and advocate for Fordham athletics, I would like to share with you two initiatives benefiting athletics that are now underway: The naming of the Frank McLaughlin Family Basketball Court and the creation of the Fordham Football Office Suite.

I believe these two projects, each costing $2.5 million, have the potential to help transform athletics at Fordham. Since the summer of 2016, we have been in the quiet phase of fundraising, during which time a small group of donors has made generous leadership gifts and pledges of approximately $1.3 million.

The project to name the Rose Hill Gym basketball court in honor of Fordham mainstay and long-time athletics director Frank McLaughlin, FCRH ’69, will include new lower spectator seating, a new state-of-the-art wood floor, a hospitality suite in the upper balcony, and a fund to help support charter flights for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. Learn more about the Frank McLaughlin Family Basketball Court initiative.

In recent years, Fordham’s football team has recaptured its élan and winning tradition. To help sustain this progress, we are planning to move and upgrade the football offices and conference rooms within the Lombardi Center. With the deep renovation and expansion of these spaces, the coaching staff and team will have a fitting and well-appointed home base, leading to enhanced recruitment efforts, the empowerment of the coaches, and heightened communication among team members and the coaching staff. Learn more about the Fordham Football Office Suite initiative.

I invite you to learn more about these projects, and to consider making an investment that will help turn them into reality. Your fully deductible gift to one or both of these initiatives will make all the difference in helping us achieve our goals in 2017 and beyond.

Finally, I wish you and your loved ones a very happy and fulfilling new year. Go Rams!

I remain most gratefully yours,

Roger A. Milici, Jr.
Vice President for Development and University Relations

I had to double check my calendar to make sure its Feb. 1st and not April 1st.  This is truly beyond bizarre.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 03:33:10 pm »

In other words, "our first private solicitations failed. Now we're going to take up a collection so we can pay for these these small scale makeovers."

At any school that has sponsored Division I basketball since its inception, a couple of phone calls to major donors would take care of this.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 03:33:44 pm »

Is Frank's brain being used for the wood?

I thought they said the floor was going to be state of the art Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JayNJ
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 03:35:45 pm »

My brother and I were talking about the basketball fund raising plans the other day.  We both agreed that the proposal makes us angry and we feel more discouraged than ever about the future of the program.  To describe a $2.5-million-dollar renovation to grossly inadequate facilities as transformative is very insulting. 
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 03:40:51 pm »

You name a court after a family who gives you $10M, not one that has cost you $10M. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 03:54:11 pm »

You name a court after a family who gives you $10M, not one that has cost you $10M. 

+1.  How much is Frank ponying up for this nonsense?   
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 04:35:51 pm »

State of the art wood floor, as opposed to what?  Does our new wood get treated with a blue pill?   Afro

Maybe it's a Lumber Liquidators formaldehyde special.
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 04:58:27 pm »

POY material
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 05:00:01 pm »

I'll gladly contribute for the football offices, but I would rather set fire to my next six paychecks than contribute to this nonsensical gymnasium "makeover." If you must put a name on the basketball floor, for God's sake make it Johnny Bach's!
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 05:25:07 pm »

I'll gladly contribute for the football offices, but I would rather set fire to my next six paychecks than contribute to this nonsensical gymnasium "makeover." If you must put a name on the basketball floor, for God's sake make it Johnny Bach's!
Great idea. 
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 05:26:41 pm »

Well, I've been banging the drum about a Hospitality Suite for years.  Angry

The first two rows courtside should be dedicated to Section 8 fans.

More Bathrooms.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 05:28:43 pm »

Bach 1971 Digger Magical Real Genuine Wood  Court
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »

I will eagerly donate the money for the first real ram mascot in 40 years......to take a giant dump on it........
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 05:45:55 pm »

Sarcasm aside, let me try to sum this up because it is so mind boggling it is difficult to process.

You have a guy who was AD for a little over 25 years and made perhaps the worst decision in Fordham athletics history. We still havent recovered.

Despite poor results  over a very long period of time, he was paid a handsome salary and his kids went to school for free.

After being deposed as AD, a fund raising position was created for him.

Despite being on payroll to fund raise, he is naming the court after himself and his family?

How exactly is Frank's family involved in this initiative?  Isnt Frank currently a salaried employee, in charge of doing this?   

Seriously, do I have this right? Am I missing some fact or do I have some facts incorrect that would give rise to the Brendan Byrne-esque  project?

Report Spam   Logged
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »

I thought Rambacker was this initiative's chief fundraiser
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 06:25:52 pm »

Sarcasm aside, let me try to sum this up because it is so mind boggling it is difficult to process.

You have a guy who was AD for a little over 25 years and made perhaps the worst decision in Fordham athletics history. We still havent recovered.

Despite poor results  over a very long period of time, he was paid a handsome salary and his kids went to school for free.

After being deposed as AD, a fund raising position was created for him.

Despite being on payroll to fund raise, he is naming the court after himself and his family?

How exactly is Frank's family involved in this initiative?  Isnt Frank currently a salaried employee, in charge of doing this?   

Seriously, do I have this right? Am I missing some fact or do I have some facts incorrect that would give rise to the Brendan Byrne-esque  project?

Frank must have some pictures of people.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 06:36:13 pm »

Well, isnt it his current job, to fund raise?  So why would this be a family initiative if he is on the payroll to do this?
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 07:01:42 pm »

Well, isnt it his current job, to fund raise?  So why would this be a family initiative if he is on the payroll to do this?

This started with the FOF.  Frank isn't doing or giving a damn thing, he is just once again taking.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Sufferam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 08:28:26 pm »

Maybe it's a Lumber Liquidators formaldehyde special.

and harvested from trees raised on the tears of Fordham fans.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 09:46:13 pm »

This tells me the university's finances aren't in great shape.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: