fordhamfans.com
October 24, 2017, 07:10:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Softball Begins 2017 Play This Week

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Softball Begins 2017 Play This Week  (Read 1083 times)
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 12:15:34 am »

Really impressive start. Hoping it is a sign for future results...not to get ahead of myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 12:18:09 am »

Here's the prompt SID writeup:  http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/2/11/softball-ties-best-program-start-at-4-1-with-two-victories-on-saturday.aspx?path=softball
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 12:26:39 am »

When the schedule was first announced and TXRam went through the teams in this tournament I thought we would be lucky to get one win. What a job by the coaches and players, a well deserved pat on the back to all.
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 01:10:57 am »

When the schedule was first announced and TXRam went through the teams in this tournament I thought we would be lucky to get one win. What a job by the coaches and players, a well deserved pat on the back to all.
Based on the preseason and prior year rankings, I'd have to agree with that, Rick.  This team has never faced a team they didn't feel they had a chance to beat though, and have proven that over and over. 

I do hope the freshmen pitchers continue to improve to help out Quense, and that Shaw gets into the lineup regularly.  Also, let the DH hit for Vergona, not Figueroa.

This team has a goal of getting past the NCAA regionals.  If they get a good enough draw, this tournament shows they have a chance of doing that.  They can't though, all on the back of Quense in the circle.  She hung in there but you could see she was tiring and more changeups were being called for her late in the games.

The defense needs to get better too, which I think it will as they get more games under their belts.
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2017, 06:22:19 am »

Wow! For a northern team to go to a tournament like that and perform so well out of the gate is truly outstanding.

Congrats to the team and the coaching staff, which had them so well prepared. And many thanks, again, Txram for
keeping us apprised of the action.
Report Spam   Logged
kenman
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2017, 11:33:21 am »

Like to add my congrats to the team and thanks to txram for the updates. During yesterday's WBB game the Fordham commercials were on often. Whoever makes them is aware of the importance of sports in university life because clips of our various teams are interspersed throughout. Happy to see us do so well in these two women's sports and to be competitive in men's b-ball as well. Go Rams.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2017, 01:49:34 pm »

Wow! For a northern team to go to a tournament like that and perform so well out of the gate is truly outstanding.

Congrats to the team and the coaching staff, which had them so well prepared. And many thanks, again, Txram for
keeping us apprised of the action.
I agree, Joe.  It's tough for a northern team to pay their best right out of the gate.  Couple that with the tough competition, and the 4-1 start is that much more impressive.

I've followed this team closely since Bridget's first year and I'm happy to bring their winning ways to all on this board.  Bridget and I have not always agreed, and I won't go into details.  While I miss our friendship, I've always appreciated her team accomplishments, which continue to make me Fordham proud. 

Go Rams!
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2017, 02:39:52 pm »

Bridget, I love you, but please, if you read this message, bury the hatchet with Txram. He has done more to promote the wonderful work, which you and your staff have done and the accomplishments of your team over the years. I wouldn't have a clue re: the overall progress of your program if it weren't for Txram. I love Softball and coached it for many years both in the USAF with adults and with my daughter's elementary school team. It's a wonderful sport and I hope to see it returned to the Olympics someday. You and Txram have the same goal…Fordham Softball Excellence…The two of you should have no trouble resolving whatever differences you may have. Who knows? You may become good friends. BTW, I've never met Txram, but he is one heckofa publicist for your team!   
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2017, 04:46:54 pm »

Bridget, I love you, but please, if you read this message, bury the hatchet with Txram. He has done more to promote the wonderful work, which you and your staff have done and the accomplishments of your team over the years. I wouldn't have a clue re: the overall progress of your program if it weren't for Txram. I love Softball and coached it for many years both in the USAF with adults and with my daughter's elementary school team. It's a wonderful sport and I hope to see it returned to the Olympics someday. You and Txram have the same goal…Fordham Softball Excellence…The two of you should have no trouble resolving whatever differences you may have. Who knows? You may become good friends. BTW, I've never met Txram, but he is one heckofa publicist for your team!   
Thanks, Joe.  I wish!  Someone like Snapshot has done a lot in the past too, but doesn't like my team criticism, when warranted.  I try to bring an honest assessment to board viewers.  Fortunately, that's mostly positive.  Softball will be back in the Olympics in 2020 by the way.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:56:17 pm by txram » Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2017, 05:21:46 pm »

+10  Joe, well said.  Txram has been a big supporter of this team for many years.  I hope Bridget recognizes it.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2017, 07:34:40 pm »

+10  Joe, well said.  Txram has been a big supporter of this team for many years.  I hope Bridget recognizes it.
Oh, she does.  Am afraid our past differences still get in the way.  That doesn't prevent me from supporting she and the team though.
Report Spam   Logged
kenman
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 01:05:17 pm »

Hope it's OK to sneak this in here..but we can vote for our own G'Mrice Davis here:

http://herosports.com/news/vote-best-rebounder-d1-womens-basketball
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2017, 02:11:55 pm »

For her gutsy performances, Quense was named A10 Pitcher of the Week. http://fordhamsports.com/news/2017/2/13/softball-quense-named-atlantic-10-pitcher-of-the-week.aspx
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2017, 02:17:12 pm »

Hope it's OK to sneak this in here..but we can vote for our own G'Mrice Davis here:

http://herosports.com/news/vote-best-rebounder-d1-womens-basketball
For those who don't know, Davis is our junior forward on the WBB team, up for best rebounder in the country.  At the moment, Mulligan, from UMass, whom we just played, leads in the voting.

While I had posted the link under WBB, the teams support one another, and it's good to get the word out.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2017, 02:25:16 pm »

The Rams beat #21 Baylor 1-0!

Quense gave up 5 hits, had 4 Ks and 0 BBs.

We got 8 hits, including Hughes' game-winning HR.  Mayer had two, Canessa, Hughes, Skrepenak, Shaw, Quense and Vergona each had 1.

This upset was ranked the #1 upset of the week.  http://www.flosoftball.com/article/51929-the-10-biggest-upsets-of-the-2017-opening-weekend-in-college-softball#.WKIHglXyu00
Report Spam   Logged
kenman
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 02:35:53 pm »

#1 upset of the week!   That's really something. Congrats again, ladies.  Go Rams.
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2017, 12:31:19 pm »

Truer words were never written.
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
Rambart
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2017, 11:55:34 am »

No greater supporter than TX who has devoted a great deal of time and effort to the program year after year, good seasons and not so good - This should be a win/win relationship with a common goal of advancing and supporting the softball program.
Thanks TX & keep up the good work
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2017, 12:34:23 pm »

Thanks for all of the favorable comments, guys. 

Bridget and I both made mistakes in handling a situation, which led to our differences.  I'm sure she knows I'm backing she and the team, but I think feels things can no longer be as they once were. 

This has been and remains the best varsity team on campus and one I gladly report on, both as to the ups and the downs.  It's made me Fordham proud, and is something I try to share with all of you on the board.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: