fordhamfans.com
October 24, 2017, 07:24:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

If liberty can do it than why can't we?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If liberty can do it than why can't we?  (Read 1350 times)
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 08:16:38 am »

This is idiotic, so if you are catholic or went to a catholic school you can no longer comment on these issues?  The embarrassment continues. There is proof if you just read.  He was part of the cover up and even if he wasn't if you are so inept that you do not know about multiple serious criminal acts going on in your top sport  you should never be an AD at any level again.  This is not recruiting violations or academic issues, it involves the safety of your student population.

And moving around pedifile priests doesn't involve the student population? Who exactly does it involve then?
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 08:23:11 am »

This is idiotic, so if you are catholic or went to a catholic school you can no longer comment on these issues?  The embarrassment continues. There is proof if you just read.  He was part of the cover up and even if he wasn't if you are so inept that you do not know about multiple serious criminal acts going on in your top sport  you should never be an AD at any level again.  This is not recruiting violations or academic issues, it involves the safety of your student population.

No, what's idiotic is drawing any comparison to Fordham, as if Fordham has some kind of moral high ground.  I'm assuming Fordham would ever hire a guy with McGaw's background.  I don't see the need to even draw it into a conversation.  If you're going to do that however, best to look at your own house and it's history first.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 08:44:09 am »

You need to stop you are  throwing a bunch of stuff out there and not making any sense. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 10:29:00 am »

I completely understand both sides point of view, but until the evidence is revealed it is probably best to not cast judgement.  These are serious accusations.
I am assuming here which is dangerous, but I would imagine that Liberty has done their homework in hiring Baylor's AD.

I am speculating here, but I would think that in this day and age, the head coaches and their assistant ants have a solid pulse of their program.  Could something be happening under their nose and not see it?  Sure, but I think it is far less likely that an AD would see it than a coach would.  Accidents and bad situations happen, but it is how it handled that truly determines the honor and values of the person within.  One could simply point to Penn State.  Did the Asst Coach who saw the incident do all that he could? Did he report it promptly and appropriately and to the right people?  Did JoePa take that info and do the same?  Lots of questions and none of us know the true answers. I sure would like to think that in both cases (Baylor and PSU) that the moment ANYONE knew there was serious foul play going on that they jumped did the right thing.  In this day and age, college athletics is big business and if anyone is potentially going to harm the reputation of the program and university I would think these folks are taking their position seriously and doing the right thing.

Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 10:34:12 am »

The texts are public.  The law firm did an independent investigation that is public.  The lawsuits will settle for a lot of money.  There is no mystery about what happened and who knew what and how they failed to act.  Hiring this guy is an atrocity and if there is the smallest issue Liberty , and possibly Falwell personally, is exposed to a suit for negligent hiring.  It is not complicated.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 10:41:39 am »

No, what's idiotic is drawing any comparison to Fordham, as if Fordham has some kind of moral high ground.  I'm assuming Fordham would ever hire a guy with McGaw's background.  I don't see the need to even draw it into a conversation.  If you're going to do that however, best to look at your own house and it's history first.

Who first drew comparisons to Fordham when it came to the hire? Wasn't it you? Either way, not all here support everything Fordham does. I am fairly sure that if Fordham hired someone similar, you would here the same comments from someone like Rich.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 10:44:15 am »

IMHO McGaw is as pure as the fresh driven slush, if he is that incompetent that's scary. I hope the truth comes out. A lightning delay would seem like an appropriate start to next year's football home opener Evil
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 11:22:03 am »

Who first drew comparisons to Fordham when it came to the hire? Wasn't it you? Either way, not all here support everything Fordham does. I am fairly sure that if Fordham hired someone similar, you would here the same comments from someone like Rich.

No, it was the joker who went out of his way to say Fordham shouldn't hire a guy like McGaw. Really?  I guess mass murders are out, too.   
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 12:09:57 pm »

I did a quick search and found this link.
Anyone who has more free time on their hands, please knock yourself out and make sure to read including the 54 page legal documents and report back with facts and not opinions.
Thanks in advance.

http://deadspin.com/lawsuit-text-messages-show-how-baylor-coaches-turned-f-1791947070
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 12:35:24 pm »

No, it was the joker who went out of his way to say Fordham shouldn't hire a guy like McGaw. Really?  I guess mass murders are out, too.   

You're still not making any sense.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 02:13:18 pm »

How dare someone say Fordham should not hire a guy who is currently a defendant in multiple lawsuits regarding covering up the sexual assault of students to protect a football team. Who cares if a law firm already investigated and found gross misconduct in the department he headed or there are texts showing he was active in the cover up.   Huh?  Very strange.     
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 02:25:56 pm »

You're still not making any sense.

Then don't respond.

I don't understand why it would even come up.  Fordham shouldn't hire a lot of people and wouldn't.  What does the AD at a major program who just got fired have to do with Fordham?  What's the context? 
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 02:54:53 pm »

Then don't respond.

I don't understand why it would even come up.  Fordham shouldn't hire a lot of people and wouldn't.  What does the AD at a major program who just got fired have to do with Fordham?  What's the context? 

As far as context goes...I'd start with the title of the thread and the opening message... Someone then responded that we should follow in Liberty's footsteps in any regard.

I'm responding because I'm trying to understand your point and your analogies.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 04:55:47 pm »

Labor is much cheaper in the Commonwealth, universities are not unionized down there.  Land is a few thousand per acre.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 05:16:48 pm »

Labor is much cheaper in the Commonwealth, universities are not unionized down there.  Land is a few thousand per acre.

They'll need to start paying their football players more in the FBS!   McCaw has that figured out based on his track record.

Falwell gave him this secret goal ..... "In our career Ian, beat Notre Dame!"    Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2017, 01:29:59 pm »

Baylor football the gift that keeps on giving to Liberty University and their ad. 

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/baylor-hit-with-th-title-ix-lawsuit-plaintiff-alleges-gang/article_1b391c59-1722-5532-9c3b-058b07850249.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »

I don't understand the tie you're making to Liberty.

As for this case, all I can say is if were advising a student going into college today, I would tell them if they are ever the victim of an assault or crime, I would go immediately and directly to the police.  Not campus police even, I mean the actual outside police.  I would also get a lawyer and perhaps even publicize the incident.

This case proves yet again that colleges have inherent conflicts of interest that make it sometimes impossible for a victim to get justice.  The colleges have a vested interest in sweeping things under the rug, and especially when there are potential impacts on their big time athletics investments.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2017, 03:02:34 pm »

Read the thread.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
RealDeal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 03:04:05 pm »

It can be done, it has been discussed.  It would be a logical fit emotionally since historically it is the only sport that ever had a following outside the Fordham community.  Unfortunately, it is something that doesn't make sense now, or perhaps ever.

We will be fortunate to maintain status quo.  Unless big checks are written, other priorities satisfied, sports will not be highly correlated how students and future alumni view Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 03:41:55 pm »

just read that liberty is making the jump to FBS. Big move and very surprising but shows that it can be done at smaller private schools. Especially now with the era of mega conferences these lower tier fbs conferences like the sun belt , c USA need schools like this to survive .

Just saying it an he done .
Playing Clemson and UVA next year. Like ND is to the RC, Liberty is to Evangelicals.   They have a Yuge Arena and an even bigger Football Stadium.

The Commonwealth did not help, they self funded the growth. Online courses are paying the bills.

Perhaps we should play them. "Catholics Vs. Pagans" (what me sainted Irish Mum calls Protestants)  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 12:02:48 am »

Read the thread.

Yep, not sure why I missed that.  Don't know what Liberty is thinking on this.
Report Spam   Logged
DFW HOYA
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 07:18:07 am »

Playing Clemson and UVA next year. Like ND is to the RC, Liberty is to Evangelicals.   They have a Yuge Arena and an even bigger Football Stadium.

Holy Cross has a bigger football stadium than Liberty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_Stadium

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: