fordhamfans.com
August 23, 2017, 06:16:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Quense and Shaw Earn Weekly A10 Honors

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quense and Shaw Earn Weekly A10 Honors  (Read 167 times)
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:38:01 pm »

Laren Quense was A10 pitcher of the week and Madi Shaw was A10 player of the week.  Well deserved!

http://fordhamsports.com/news/2017/2/20/softball-shaw-quense-take-home-a-10-weekly-honors.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:36:05 pm »

Well deserved. It looks like the SID's office is locking up that Functionally Illiterate Award early in the season too, and time to remind them that spell check isn't a failsafe.......

"Quense became the four Ram to ever throw a no-hitter when she blanked Bryant on Sunday afternoon over six innings, allowing just one fourth-inning walk"
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:56:56 pm »

Well deserved. It looks like the SID's office is locking up that Functionally Illiterate Award early in the season too, and time to remind them that spell check isn't a failsafe.......

"Quense became the four Ram to ever throw a no-hitter when she blanked Bryant on Sunday afternoon over six innings, allowing just one fourth-inning walk"
I'm tired of helping them make corrections.  I told Dibari that I appreciate their reports, but the spelling and grammar errors are an embarrassment.

Once I was asked what sentence the error was in as they were too busy to read through their own report.  I think that's the problem along with not using spellchecker.
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:44:41 am »

Social commentary alert: Unfortunately, relying on spell check rather than actually reading the text for spelling and grammatical errors has become the norm. 
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 11:28:03 am »

I think they are a little surprised that anyone is actually reading the releases.
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 01:49:04 pm »

You are probably correct. A few years ago I had a manager who wanted a monthly recap of my team's activities. We all had a strong suspiscion that he never read our reports. I confirmed this when I included a line that "my team of 7 Senior Bankers participated in the Wiccopee Bacchanal with a selection of college undergrads" and heard nothing.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 03:58:19 pm »

Quense also earned Div 1 HeroSportsSB Hero of the Week.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: