fordhamfans.com
November 24, 2017, 04:16:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Ask The AD with David Roach

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask The AD with David Roach  (Read 1658 times)
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2017, 03:23:54 pm »

.. which begs the question, what athletic fundraising is actually happening.

Great question..... for anyone interested in what's going on in athletic fundraising, I recommended getting to know the people working in Athletic Development.  They'll tell you.

If anyone wants a personal intro, PM me.  I'll make the introduction.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2017, 03:43:48 pm »

Great question..... for anyone interested in what's going on in athletic fundraising, I recommended getting to know the people working in Athletic Development.  They'll tell you.

If anyone wants a personal intro, PM me.  I'll make the introduction.

I did a quick scan of Patriot League basketball facilities last night. Other than Colgate, every other PL school has a better facility than Fordham, 20+ years after leaving.

If Fordham were to announce a fund raising drive for a new student center and new hoop facility tomorrow, I will be a donor.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2017, 04:24:27 pm »

I did a quick scan of Patriot League basketball facilities last night. Other than Colgate, every other PL school has a better facility than Fordham, 20+ years after leaving.

If Fordham were to announce a fund raising drive for a new student center and new hoop facility tomorrow, I will be a donor.

Maybe the next president.  Right now they seem to have their hands full raising $5mil for football offices and Frank's court.
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2017, 04:30:06 pm »

After reading the article, I now have a better understanding of the terms "fake news" and "alternative facts".
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
98ramgrad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2017, 11:02:37 pm »

The school just doesn't a s&^% about athletics.  Frank and O'Hare got us into the PL and McShane only cares about listening to himself talk.  THis is a disgrace...How have we not made improving facilities the TOP priority.  How hard is it for our marketing folks to do something as simple as a ticket that gets you into the game and a voucher for dinner at an arthur ave restaurant.  Say 40$ is for a game and dinner at ann and tony's...just an example.  Something like that might get folks there.

Also, how stuck on the past are we.  I like that fact that our gym is unique...but its also Old, TOO OLD.  There is no shame in leaving its bones intact while changing it around.  And our most successful male sport (softball has been better) plays their home games in the outfield of a baseball diamond.

Speaking of tradition and being stuck in the past...I know we have the winningest baseball program of all time (I think Alexander Cartwright got the game from us), but can we drop baseball already and repurpose the space.  Baseball provides nothing to the university.  Just my thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: