fordhamfans.com
November 19, 2017, 02:40:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordhamfans NCAA Tournament Bracket

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordhamfans NCAA Tournament Bracket  (Read 1914 times)
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 09:25:21 am »

Let's all pool $2.5 million together and the winner gets to donate the money to have the new Basketball court named after him instead of Frank.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:02 am »

Enjoy your betting and gambling today PETER.  Have you bet on any 16-1 seed upsets today or tomorrow? 

speaking of which... first time long time that a 12 seed (middle tenn) is a favorite over a 5 seed (minn).

Love this time of year.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 12:00:50 pm »

speaking of which... first time long time that a 12 seed (middle tenn) is a favorite over a 5 seed (minn).

Love this time of year.

I love Dayton basketball, they find themselves +6 to Wichita St. Something has to give there.

Wilmington should give UVA trouble.
Minnesota is probably OK in that 5/12 spot despite the tempting line.
Marquette, Hall, Creighton; all in the PK ballpark. 2/3 should hit.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 12:14:37 pm »

got uva easy over Wilmington
Dayton over Wichita state- not as high on Dayton as you though.
agree with rest
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 12:32:45 pm »

got uva easy over Wilmington
Dayton over Wichita state- not as high on Dayton as you though.
agree with rest

Not saying Dayton wins. Wish they had a matchup against any other 7/8-type. As Teddy KGB would say, "This one isn't good for them."
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 01:41:21 pm »

Not saying Dayton wins. Wish they had a matchup against any other 7/8-type. As Teddy KGB would say, "This one isn't good for them."

I think they win but more bearish going forward in tournament. I have Minnesota going out.. let the fun and incorrectness begin..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:05:12 pm by ace93 » Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2017, 06:59:16 pm »

Kenny Smith just said that Rhode Island is the hottest team in the Big Dance.
Report Spam   Logged
RC74
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2017, 05:30:55 pm »

The fun is just beginning. Nova couldn't get past Round 2! Yikes!
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2017, 01:53:20 am »

The fun is just beginning. Nova couldn't get past Round 2! Yikes!

And they got bounced in the round of 32 two years ago, too, by NC State. Tough to repeat. 

ACC taking it on the chin. Miami, Virginia and Florida State blown out.  Notre dame not that close against Press Virginia.  Wake and Virginia Tech gone round 1.  Leaves UNC, Duke and the 'Ville and second round just half over.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2017, 09:22:50 am »

And they got bounced in the round of 32 two years ago, too, by NC State. Tough to repeat. 

ACC taking it on the chin. Miami, Virginia and Florida State blown out.  Notre dame not that close against Press Virginia.  Wake and Virginia Tech gone round 1.  Leaves UNC, Duke and the 'Ville and second round just half over.

I would laugh so hard if acc had no sweet 16 teams.  Would love to hear that the official jock sniffer Of that conference Rothstein would say about that Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2017, 10:21:34 am »

I would laugh so hard if acc had no sweet 16 teams.  Would love to hear that the official jock sniffer Of that conference Rothstein would say about that Grin

When did Rothstein take over from Jay Bilas?  . . .   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 10:39:07 am »

When did Rothstein take over from Jay Bilas?  . . .   Wink

At least Bilas played in the ACC, so I know where the bias comes from, Rothstein on the other hand Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 10:42:34 am »

If Kentucky can hang on today against WS, I think they take the whole damn thing.

will be in San Jose next Thursday for WVU/Gonzaga. What a game that will be.
Report Spam   Logged

The Fordham Spire
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 02:16:34 pm »

Oh, how this Fordham Ram wishes his Alma Mater's Rams could be a regular contributing member to the Family Feud in the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship described below: 

Family Feud in the Elite Eight

The story goes something like this:

There are 8 teams left in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. After last night's heart-stopping finishes in 3 of the games, family members have deep roots and connections to 3 of the Elite Eight winners: Gonzaga Bulldogs, Xavier Musketeers and the Oregon Ducks.

Grandma Sue is a long-time Gonzaga Alum and even started on the Women's Varsity Basketball Team as a Frosh back in the day. Sue is rooting that her Bulldogs, seeded #1 in the West region, make their first Final Four after being in the Men's Tourney for 19 consecutive seasons. This is the Bulldogs second appearance in the Elite Eight in the last 3 seasons. Only the Xavier Musketeers stand in the way of Gonzaga making it to their first Final Four!

Granddaughter Juliana is finishing her first year as a Xavier Musketeer and is relishing the thought of taking on Grandma Sue's Gonzaga Bulldogs after Xavier pulled off the upset of the West's #2 seeded Arizona last night. With the win over Arizona, Xavier clinched its third appearance in the Elite Eight in school history. Xavier delighted in upsetting former Xavier Coach Sean Miller and his Arizona Wildcats last night returning the favor after being ousted from the Sweet Sixteen 2 years ago by Arizona and Coach Miller. Of all Division I programs yet to make a Final 4, Xavier has the most all-time tournament wins with 26. Xavier has appeared in the NCAA Tournament 27 times, 11 times in the last 12 years.

The Oregon Ducks almost have an Amato Family cornerstone on one of the buildings after the late Grandpa Joe "Doc Amato" graduated back in the days of the Tall Firs, the first NCAA Men's Basketball tournament winners. Grandpa Joe was also the men's handball champion while a Duck. He started the family legacy and tradition at Oregon with son Dave, daughter Sally, daughter-in-law Peggy and their children Amy, Angie, Andy and Adam also alums. The Ducks have appeared in 15 NCAA Tournaments. They won the inaugural NCAA tournament in 1939, winning the National Championship vs. Ohio State, eventually years down the road, my wife Sue's and my Grad School.

So the Family Feud has been long developing and now the pot is stirring. There is only one winner of the Tourney. Will one of the family's schools prevail? Stay tuned.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:11:23 pm by The Fordham Spire » Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 11:00:04 pm »

Quack    Quack
Report Spam   Logged
The Fordham Spire
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2017, 11:54:32 am »

Well the plot line on the Family Feud in the Final Four is developing and the pot is stirring!

My wife Sue's Gonzaga Bulldogs knocked off our Granddaughter Juliana's Xavier Musketeers to land the first Final Four Spot.  Congrats to Sue and sympathies to our Granddaughter.

Sue's family--her brother and his whole family, including a son-in law and daughter-in-law, and her sister are all Oregon Ducks.  The Ducks grabbed the second Final Four spot. Congratulations to the Oregon Ducks.

This is the second appearance of the Oregon Ducks in the Final Four, the first being in 1939 when the Oregon Ducks "Tall Firs" became the first NCAA Men's Basketball team to win the National Championship, beating Ohio State in Evanston, IL. How doubly ironic is that?

Well first, Grandma Sue went to Ohio State for her Masters Degree in Education. Secondly, Sue just finished 10 years serving as Principal of St. Athanasius Catholic School in Evanston, IL, across the street from the basketball arena of Northwestern's Wildcats whom Sue's Gonzaga Bulldogs beat to get into the Sweet Sixteen. Now both Gonzaga and Oregon are in the Final Four, a first for Gonzaga, and the second appearance by the Oregon Ducks. Fortunately both teams will play one of the other two finalists in the Final Four lineup in the first game to be played.

If both the Zags and the Ducks win their opening games in the Final Four, then there will be bedlam in this Family Feud for the Men's National Championship! There is more at stake in this contest besides Men's Basketball; family history and bragging rights are at stake. Already, Grandma Sue of Gonzaga and Granddaughter Juliana currently at Xavier have to make amends after Gonzaga beat Xavier to win a ticket to the Final Four. One way to look at this potential matchup is that Oregon won a National Championship in 1939 and Gonzaga is looking for its first. Time to even the Championship count? Stay tuned.
Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2017, 10:04:19 am »

congrats to Ed Taylor
Report Spam   Logged
The Fordham Spire
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »

Well the NCAA Men's Basketball Championshio Family Feud ended in Arizona last night, with NC's 6 point win in the final two minutes of the game.   

The heroic and unprecedented Gonzaga Bulldogs season came to a disappointing end despite the Zags' being ahead by 2 points with 1:42 left on the clock.  Good thing Sue and I were watching the game with other Gonzaga Alums within the shadows of Wrigley Field where the perpetual slogan of "Wait till next year" was banished last fall in the 2016 Cubs Championship season.

Well Grandma Sue's Zags beat Granddaughter Juliana's Xavier Musketeers, and NC barely survived a valiant challenge by the Oregon Ducks, 77-76.  We breathed a deep sigh that the final would avoid a face off of The Zags v. The Ducks.

Could only hope and wish that enlightened leadership on Rose Hill would want to emulate the Jesuit brethren at Gonzaga, Xavier, et al. and seek to earn the media attention and earned publicity that sports would enable Fordham to achieve. 

Here's a link to the Facebook page with the local Chicago CBS TV affiliate's coverage of the Gonzaga alums gathering near Wrigley Field at The Graystone Tavern in Wrigleyville:  http://chicago.cbslocal.com/video/category/sports/#.WOQv8VDOXww.facebook

Go, Rams, Go.  May you join your Jesuit brethren in their victories on the hardwood!

Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2017, 05:44:05 am »

Quack    Quack

Congrats Vinnys for the post of the tournament! Perfect timing and placement. Thanks for a good laugh.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: