fordhamfans.com
May 23, 2017, 02:59:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Tyler Bowen goes to Maryland

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyler Bowen goes to Maryland  (Read 736 times)
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2017, 12:23:55 pm »

Tough loss on our coaching staff.....Tyler Bowen is the new OL Coach for the Terps.  Our program continues to supply Power 5 with assistants.  (Miami, Penn State, Maryland)

I think Tyler will be a head coach, at some level, relatively soon.   Really fine leader.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 12:51:09 pm »

Agreed.  Big loss.
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 03:36:41 pm »

That sucks. Just had dinner with him and entire coaching staff last Wednesday and he was excited about the line in particular and the offense in general. This is indicative of an issue faced by most FCS schools and that is the challenge keeping good assistants on staff. In our case when you factor in the cost of living in this area it makes holding on to good coaches especially hard

Good luck to Coach Bowen
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:06:18 pm »

This is indicative of an issue faced by most FCS schools and that is the challenge keeping good assistants on staff.
agreed.  At the same time, there's a silver lining which is -- Fordham is a great stepping stone for a coach's career.  It makes it easier to attract quality coaches to replace those who move on.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 08:00:19 pm »

good luck to Coach Bowen @ Maryland.   Im wondering if Fordham TE Coach Ian Pace is interested in the OL job.  He's had success with our TE's.  Light, Odom and Seawright.  Coach Pace played OL so clearly has some experience there..   I also wonder if there is a slight bump up in pay as obviously your coaching /responsible for 15-20 players rather then just 4-5.  Perhaps then we hire a new TE coach.  and the transition is more seamless.   Just a thought.         
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 09:37:16 am »

Tough loss, but i agree with Battering Ram.

Its a good thing that it seems like we are a launching pad for FBS coaches. Even if we cant hold these kinds of coaches for more than a few seasons we can continue attract this kind of talent, catch lighting in a bottle, and ultimately win more games/championships.

Good luck Coach Bowen!
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 10:02:44 am »

good luck to Coach Bowen @ Maryland.   Im wondering if Fordham TE Coach Ian Pace is interested in the OL job.  He's had success with our TE's.  Light, Odom and Seawright.  Coach Pace played OL so clearly has some experience there..   I also wonder if there is a slight bump up in pay as obviously your coaching /responsible for 15-20 players rather then just 4-5.  Perhaps then we hire a new TE coach.  and the transition is more seamless.   Just a thought.         

Good luck to Coach Bowen.  Fordham to the Big-10, not to shabby.  Nothing against Coach Pace at all but I want an O-line coach who knows what's what and we need to get him in asap.   Toughest position to coach IMO.  In fact, I'm a big fan of having an ass't o-line coach if we had the money for it. 

I have no idea where Ed Argast is but he's a good one...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:43:31 am by An Old Coach » Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 12:51:04 pm »

Ed Argast...

Now thats a name I have not heard in a long time. A long time.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 01:48:17 pm »

. . .

I have no idea where Ed Argast is but he's a good one...

He may be available. He had been at Bryant as the OL coach and then interim HC for a couple of weeks after Marty Fine left in December.  It looks like the new HC James Perry built his own staff and Argast is no longer there.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 01:50:06 pm »

I always liked Argast alot while he was here as well.  Does anyone know why he left Masella's staff? 
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 02:44:59 pm »

Coach Argast is the best line coach I was ever around.  The guy is unbelievable working with players, on the board and breaking down film.  Never understood why he wasn't in the big-time.  If he's available I'd bring him in in a heartbeat.
Report Spam   Logged
2ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 09:36:40 am »

quick google search indicates Bryant.

http://www.bryantbulldogs.com/sports/fball/Coaches/Ed_Argast?view=bio
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 09:55:49 am »

He was.