fordhamfans.com
April 24, 2017, 03:07:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham George Mason Pre/In/Post Game Thread Thursday 6 pm NBCSN

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham George Mason Pre/In/Post Game Thread Thursday 6 pm NBCSN  (Read 3460 times)
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2017, 03:23:19 pm »

Peter Martin's run came to a crashing halt over the last 3 games.  Time for a change.  I think we all agree it will be tough to win this game if Hawkins does not play.  I think he will play, he was walking without crutches in the boot on Saturday.  We need Anderson to get back to playing like he was when we were winning hopefully the extra day off will help his ankle.  Pomeroy predicts a 4 point loss.  No idea what will happen but this team seems to respond when it is down and coming off three losses in a row one in brutal fashion they have reason to look for the season to end.  I think they grind one more game and it will be close coming down the stretch. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS

Social Buttons

PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 03:39:04 pm »

Peter Martin's run came to a crashing halt over the last 3 games.  Time for a change.  I think we all agree it will be tough to win this game if Hawkins does not play.  I think he will play, he was walking without crutches in the boot on Saturday.  We need Anderson to get back to playing like he was when we were winning hopefully the extra day off will help his ankle.  Pomeroy predicts a 4 point loss.  No idea what will happen but this team seems to respond when it is down and coming off three losses in a row one in brutal fashion they have reason to look for the season to end.  I think they grind one more game and it will be close coming down the stretch. 

Right eye is swollen. Ribs are broken. Left eye is cut, badly. Go win the f***ing game.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 04:06:37 pm »

We are at a place where the season "starts now." Fresh start. Would love to win a few of these games.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:35 am »

Huge game tomorrow, and the focus on here remains on a former player. Sheesh, are we waiving the white flag?
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 11:34:22 am »

I like our chances if we're healthy.  We were gassed and banged up at the end.  Hopefully a few days off was enough for guys to catch their breath and get healthier (at least a little healthier).
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 12:09:00 pm »

Huge game tomorrow, and the focus on here remains on a former player. Sheesh, are we waiving the white flag?

Wer're going to win this one. No doubt about it. Willing to put a mortgage payment on it  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 12:26:01 pm »

I am waiting for the line to come out to discuss this game. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 12:39:21 pm »

Mason favored by 3.5.  Let the discussion begin.  Anyone know if Hawkins is good to go?  I will be surprised if he does not play but you never know. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 12:55:03 pm »

Mason favored by 3.5.  Let the discussion begin.  Anyone know if Hawkins is good to go?  I will be surprised if he does not play but you never know. 

Lower than I had anticipated. Woww.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 01:32:55 pm »

Article on the George Mason blog about the game.  I like the sound of their turning it over a lot and shooting poorly lately.  Of course that means they will get hot tomorrow night. 

http://gmuhoops.co/2017/03/05/george-mason-will-be-the-7th-seed-in-the-atlantic-10-tournament/#sthash.R5w0brZI.dpbs
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 02:01:21 pm »

Just bumped into Deng Adel on Spring St. Can he suit up for us after Louisville plays tomorrow?

Unless Hawkins is able to grunt through it, Mason shouldn't have difficulty getting penetration into our zone. Not sure why it's only 3.5, but I hope we have a competitive game to watch.
Report Spam   Logged

KPW
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 03:58:08 pm »

I don't think this team has anything left. I think we fight but fade. Mason 65-59.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 04:51:03 pm »

4.5 now.
Report Spam   Logged

Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 05:17:25 pm »

Hawkins looked to be practicing today.  Good news. Let's get this. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 05:48:59 pm »

Vegas Insider normally lists a ? if a starter is in doubt or lists OUT if not playing    they have no note re Hawkins at this point    a good sign
Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 06:48:38 pm »

If there was ever a time to turn the strategy clock back to 2016 this is it.  Mason has one starter over 6'4".  Get Sengfelder Ohams Bunting the ball down low, rinse repeat. Have Hawkins post smaller guys.  Honestly it might be the only thing we haven't tried against a zone and as mentioned, Mason is primarily a man team anyway.  Leave some bruises. I do not want to see CS and CO ringing the perimeter and don't think we win this taking 25 3s.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 07:33:32 pm »

Will Need Our Turkish Dudes Yes Afro
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 09:34:15 pm »

Cut the doubt talk. We're gonna win this one bros! GO RAMS!
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 10:49:47 pm »

Dogs barking. Saint Louis over Duquesne (can the spectators unwatch that one?)
Davidson/La Salle at noon tomorrow. Fordham on the floor at six. Cali here I come. See you next game.
Report Spam   Logged

Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 11:26:51 pm »

I'm thinking that we will take this one because we have shown at times through the season despite adversity that we are a really gutsy team.  If all of our players are playing to their potential, we will win this and I'm trusting JN to find a way to do it.

I want another chance for the guys to crack VCU again.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 12:07:54 am »

I'm thinking that we will take this one because we have shown at times through the season despite adversity that we are a really gutsy team.  If all of our players are playing to their potential, we will win this and I'm trusting JN to find a way to do it.

I want another chance for the guys to crack VCU again.

I like that thought. I want to see VCU looking at a spent, gutty, nothing-to-lose Fordham squad they know has beaten them, and saying "Oh no, ,not these guys!"
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 09:26:20 am »

I bumped the thread dedicated to Duquesne in the sports section so it is easier to find.  

Line stabilized at 4.  That is the Pomeroy prediction.  Close game that will come down to our shooting.   I think we can hold them to around 65 but not sure we can score 70 to win.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 10:01:50 am »

I bumped the thread use it
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 04:00:24 pm »

I bumped the thread dedicated to Duquesne in the sports section so it is easier to find.  

Line stabilized at 4.  That is the Pomeroy prediction.  Close game that will come down to our shooting.   I think we can hold them to around 65 but not sure we can score 70 to win.

Rich, under your scenario, I'll settle for us scoring 66 pts for the win.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 04:33:23 pm »

Marquise Moore 6-2 and averages over 10 rebs a game. He had 17 in one game. That is insane.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 04:34:13 pm »

God forbid the school, alumni department, or athletic department set up an alumni watch party somewhere in the city. I guess such a thing is too challenging for these folks.
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 05:23:21 pm »

God forbid the school, alumni department, or athletic department set up an alumni watch party somewhere in the city. I guess such a thing is too challenging for these folks.

How dare you suggest that Fordham do something that might generate interest in the program!
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
Ram Rhythm
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 05:53:45 pm »

@kidfromny My brother and I are thinking about watching it somewhere around 57th and 7th.  Maybe PJ Carney's.  Where are you watching it?  I'd love to have another Ramfan around!
Report Spam   Logged
jesuitbread
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 06:11:40 pm »

The number of missed layups these last two games is embarrassing
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »

Damn getting good looks.