fordhamfans.com
November 24, 2017, 04:28:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Rigoletto's is up for sale (or soon to be R.I.P. ??)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rigoletto's is up for sale (or soon to be R.I.P. ??)  (Read 1220 times)
Ram06830
Freshman

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:22:50 pm »

I know many people on this board read the NYC newspapers about current events. The owner of Rigoletto's is soon to be going on a long vacation. Maybe a 20 year vacation.

I have been told that Rigoletto's is up for sale - both the restaurant and the building.

Has anyone heard anything about a sale - or possible demise?
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:48:45 pm »

Here's the story, for those who aren't familiar with it (the article is 7 months old, but nonetheless timely):

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20160804/belmont/arthur-ave-restaurateur-among-46-indicted-racketeering-conspiracy

You gotta love those nicknames. My favorite is Anthony "Tony the Cripple" Cassetta. Then there's John "Tugboat" Tognino. Hmmm. Is he related to the former chair of the Board of Trustees and Tognino Hall namesake?

Steve McGarrett, this one's right up your alley!
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:59:21 pm »

They are a refined dining establishment.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 11:40:11 pm »

Here's the story, for those who aren't familiar with it (the article is 7 months old, but nonetheless timely):

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20160804/belmont/arthur-ave-restaurateur-among-46-indicted-racketeering-conspiracy

"From loansharking and illegal gambling, to credit card and health care fraud, and even firearms trafficking, today’s mafia is fully diversified in its boundless search for illegal profits," Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement.

Unfortunately, this US attorney is being let go, despite being directly invited to stay on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/us-attorney-justice-department-trump.html?_r=0
Report Spam   Logged
SteveMcGarrett
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 09:38:58 am »

You gotta love those nicknames. My favorite is Anthony "Tony the Cripple" Cassetta. Then there's John "Tugboat" Tognino. Hmmm. Is he related to the former chair of the Board of Trustees and Tognino Hall namesake?

Mr. FUCoP69,

Thank you for your endorsement!  I will check out that similarity in names.

If I may offer a comment on this issue, it seems that the owner of Rigoletto's was not well versed in Ancient Greece. There is an old aphorism from Ancient Greek mythology that states, "If your head cook likes to wear a baseball cap in the kitchen while working, be damn sure that the insignia on the cap does not have a chip in it for recording audio and visuals."    Wink     Cheesy     Grin

Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 07:02:26 pm »

"From loansharking and illegal gambling, to credit card and health care fraud, and even firearms trafficking, today’s mafia is fully diversified in its boundless search for illegal profits," Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement.

Unfortunately, this US attorney is being let go, despite being directly invited to stay on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/us/politics/us-attorney-justice-department-trump.html?_r=0

Let's avoid the politics. Others will proceed in his wake.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Ram06830
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 12:49:24 am »

Since you posted the link with the news of the arrests and charges, I just want to add that from the handful of times I have eaten at Rigoletto's in the last year or two, it is obvious that if ICE were to raid the restaurant and check out the workers, they would find numerous illegal aliens working there. I am not taking a stand here on the issue of undocumented workers, but last August when I read about the arrest of the owner of Rigoletto's, it immediately crossed my mind that if the feds really wanted to bust his stones, they could have had ICE come in there and cause much much more trouble for the owner.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 01:20:05 am »

Since you posted the link with the news of the arrests and charges, I just want to add that from the handful of times I have eaten at Rigoletto's in the last year or two, it is obvious that if ICE were to raid the restaurant and check out the workers, they would find numerous illegal aliens working there. I am not taking a stand here on the issue of undocumented workers, but last August when I read about the arrest of the owner of Rigoletto's, it immediately crossed my mind that if the feds really wanted to bust his stones, they could have had ICE come in there and cause much much more trouble for the owner.

Given the interest of the new administration on the subject of illegal immigration, that may very well happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:11 am »

How was the food? I noticed a Greenwich online magazine did a nice writeup about Via Arturo.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 04:06:26 pm »

GOOD!
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 04:15:32 pm »

How was the food? I noticed a Greenwich online magazine did a nice writeup about Via Arturo.

Via Arturo in Roma?
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 09:56:35 pm »

Mea Culpa, JCMB, I should have read your entire sentence. I was referring to Rigoletto's. I've never tried the other dining establishment.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 09:43:35 am »

Via Arturo in Roma?

The Boogie Down.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 10:49:29 am »

Rigoletto's has always been my favorite AA restaurant but it won't be the same with out Tugboat, Tony the Cripple and Nicky the Wig.
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
jimbo65
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 03:27:10 pm »

NY Post reports Pasquale Rigoletto pled guilty to 3 counts of extortion. 2 plumbers and a priest believe it or not. Expected sentence is 5-7
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 09:12:28 am »

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/bronx-genovese-mobster-cops-conspiracy-commit-extortion-article-1.3170315
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 10:55:01 am »

Had dinner at Rigoletto's after the Yankee game on Saturday, even without Tugboat and the Cripple, still a good meal.
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: