fordhamfans.com
July 25, 2017, 12:33:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Dr. Norb Sander RIP

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Norb Sander RIP  (Read 252 times)
ram it 66
Junior

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2017, 08:02:13 am »

We mourn the passing of Dr. Norb Sander, Fordham Prep and Fordham University alumnus and the only New Yorker to win the NYC Marathon. He did so much for the athletes of the metropolitan area. A prayer and another raised glass, Norb.   RIP
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 11:56:34 am »

Norb was a good doctor and a good guy. I started running races at age 40 and wracked up one knee seven years later while
training for the NYC Marathon. I ended up having a total of three operations in both knees and Dr. Norb was a big help in my recuperation.
While I had to stop running 10ks and half-marathons, I continue to race Sunfish and play tennis and paddle tennis throughout the year, and I credit much of my recovery to Dr. Norb. May he RIP.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:29:32 pm »

Norb was a good doctor and a good guy. I started running races at age 40 and wracked up one knee seven years later while
training for the NYC Marathon. I ended up having a total of three operations in both knees and Dr. Norb was a big help in my recuperation.
While I had to stop running 10ks and half-marathons, I continue to race Sunfish and play tennis and paddle tennis throughout the year, and I credit much of my recovery to Dr. Norb. May he RIP.

No one did more for track and field in the Northeast than Dr. Norb. He personally managed the fund-raising and revival of the Armory in upper Manhattan, which is a vibrant track facility now. He transformed it from a dilapidated, abandoned building into a mecca for track and field, now hosting the Millrose Games and high school and college track championships.

He helped me with a shoulder issue over 20 years ago and was a very good physician. He also loved Fordham.

RIP, sir.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:56:18 pm by rambacker » Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 06:45:03 pm »

RIP, they should name the Armory after him.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: