fordhamfans.com
November 22, 2017, 05:03:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Not sure how people think this was a good season

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure how people think this was a good season  (Read 3605 times)
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 05:31:09 pm »

And on the recent occasions when something like that did happen -- Jon Severe, then Eric Paschall -- the "savior" didn't save us. Both had wildly inefficient freshman years on losing teams (which lacked experienced players). One left, the other didn't become the "X" factor for us.  I think we're in a much better situation now, where if we did get a hot-shot newcomer, they'd learn that PT is earned, not just handed out.

have to take issue with your "wildly inefficient freshman years" description for Severe ( A10 All Rookie selection ) and Paschall ( A10 Rookie of the Year )    deserved honors or did the Russians tamper with the voting ? 

I will take recruits of that caliber 8 days a week. hot-shot newcomers help numerous programs in the country and help attract others . I recall numerous Christ the King players at the RHG at games in Severe's frosh season. We didn't land any and JS and EP did not lift the program as hoped but you have to land that type of player with some regularity if you want to rise to top 4 in A-10. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: