fordhamfans.com
June 22, 2017, 12:26:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Not sure how people think this was a good season

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure how people think this was a good season  (Read 3594 times)
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 05:51:07 pm »

Without knowing what you consider *near* the top, I will throw out these two:
2013-14: Dayton 6th
2012-13: Dayton 12th

You can keep going back from there and it is not great, but surely results we'd be ok with most years. They have a lot graduating and Miller potentially moving on.

For us, this whole thing is a building process. We are not going to out-recruit the A10, not now and not in the foreseeable future. We need to find player with potential and develop them. We need to rely on that for now. I know some feel we can recruit top athletes b/c we have landed some in the past, but most of those heralded players came with issues or baggage.

One positive I see going forward is that I feel this program has an identity finally. We play tough D and that is not expected to change. Follow that up with some better offense and we might make some noise. It's a process though.

Well if you want to be precise sure they were in 6th place back in 2013-14. Actually tied with UMass in 5th with a 10-6 record and 26-10 overall. SLU won the conference with a 13-3 record. Winning 26 games in a season nothing to sneeze about. in 2012-13 they only went 7-9 in the conference but 17-14 overall definitely a down year. Still consider them a consistently winning program in our conference and one that is "more often than not" close to the top.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: