fordhamfans.com
March 24, 2017, 11:49:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Not sure how people think this was a good season

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure how people think this was a good season  (Read 3031 times)
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 10:33:29 am »

It is who you sign and their skill sets that matter, not when you sign them.  We had one early commit last year Tavares just so happens he turned out to be the most disappointing player during conference play.  The late signees Ohams Havsa and Slanina were the ones who showed promise.  Hawkins late signing was inconsistent but had some big games in wins. No A-10 team got a mid year transfer as far as I know.  there are not that many of them. So we wait and see what the staff comes up with to add to our foundation.

Fact: this team was a mess but pulled it together to get two top 50 wins and a top 100 win down the stretch.   That means with a depleted roster we beat several top teams in the conference and the nation. That does not make the season good but it was entertaining down the stretch, frustrating but entertaining. We were also a Foul shot away from getting to Friday in the A-10 tournament.

I agree that the midseason transfer list usually leaves something to be desired and I was not impressed with the list this season, but both La Salle and St. Louis got midseason transfers this season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18325059/2016-2017-college-basketball-transfer-list

That said, I am not sure how 85 knows we did not appear to get a sniff from anyone. Need to go to his inside knowledge more often.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: