fordhamfans.com
December 16, 2017, 11:15:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

MANNY SUAREZ 44

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MANNY SUAREZ 44  (Read 3732 times)
DCRam
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2017, 01:13:08 pm »

I'll take D.C. over Omaha any day. Manny had a 3.5 index when he left , so academics are not an issue. We wish we were on a par with Georgetown.

So would I.
Report Spam   Logged
topcat
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2017, 10:26:11 am »

He was allowed to compete he chose to leave instead.  get the facts straight.
I was told he was told that he couldn't play at Fordahm. Coach thought he wasn't good enough. He was upset and did not want to leave. Everyone gets one wrong.  I was criticized for saying he could have helped early in season last year.  The bottom line is that he really could have helped.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2017, 10:45:49 am »

I was told he was told that he couldn't play at Fordahm. Coach thought he wasn't good enough. He was upset and did not want to leave. Everyone gets one wrong.  I was criticized for saying he could have helped early in season last year.  The bottom line is that he really could have helped.

He did not have to leave.  He was told his place on the depth chart and chose to leave because he did not want to take a chance on not getting playing time.  Remember for 15-16 prior to Canty injury he was behind Rhoomes Canty Sengfelder and Bunting was coming in.  As far as criticism for saying he could help, you posted after a 20 point loss and it was comical especially since the issue, especially in 15-16 was our guards inability to shoot.  You treated him like Dirk Nowitzky.  Suarez did not set the world on fire the year before.  This idea that we would have won more games with Suarez is a joke.  You have no way of knowing if he would have made the strides he did after leaving, maybe it was the wake up call he needed.  His mother posted what happened now crawl back under your rock and say hello to Pecora for us.  Suarez is going to Creighton and I am rooting for him to excel, seems it worked out well for him in the end.  Good to hear. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
topcat
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2017, 10:51:52 am »

He did not have to leave.  He was told his place on the depth chart and chose to leave because he did not want to take a chance on not getting playing time.  Remember for 15-16 prior to Canty injury he was behind Rhoomes Canty Sengfelder and Bunting was coming in.  Suarez did not set the world on fire the year before.  His mother posted what happened now crawl back under your rock and say hello to Pecora for us. 
Basically he was told he wouldn't play which means to leave. You think if someone disagrees with you they are Pecora supporter. Totally untrue.  My point was Suarez could have helped and that was what the argument was about. If you dont think he could have helped you should argue it on those grounds. Instead you make some claim thats not true.  Completely embarrassing.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2017, 10:55:55 am »

Basically he was told he wouldn't play which means to leave. You think if someone disagrees with you they are Pecora supporter. Totally untrue.  My point was Suarez could have helped and that was what the argument was about. If you dont think he could have helped you should argue it on those grounds. Instead you make some claim thats not true.  Completely embarrassing.

It is absolutely true because Anderson was told where he stood on the depth chart as well and told he may not play that much.  Neubauer said publicly he did not expect Anderson to turn into a starting guard.  That is the point, Suarez had the chance to stay and try and improve like Anderson did but he chose to leave because he wanted guaranteed playing time.  Nothing wrong with that but his mother made it clear that is what happened.  What is embarrassing is you showing up here now after being very vocal during our dismal OOC season but then disappearing when we got some good wins.  Where were you when we beat VCU URI etc? You had plenty of time to post when we were struggling but not one post after we get some good wins.  That is embarrassing. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2017, 10:56:11 am »

Can't assume he would have put in the work to get himself to where he is now physically. Based on the video I saw, so admittedly not a ton to go on, he looks like he worked very hard in the weight room. He was at Fordham for 2 seasons and apparently did not do that then. I personally think he needed a kick in the pants. If that is true, it seems to have worked.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
topcat
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2017, 11:05:31 am »

Can't assume he would have put in the work to get himself to where he is now physically. Based on the video I saw, so admittedly not a ton to go on, he looks like he worked very hard in the weight room. He was at Fordham for 2 seasons and apparently did not do that then. I personally think he needed a kick in the pants. If that is true, it seems to have worked.
First of all i think Neubauer is a good coach.  Pecora was a good recruiter but wasn't able to caoch them or get them in shape for that matter. That is an excellent point.  I brought up the point of Suarez as I thought he'd fit perfectly into Neubauer's system as a big guy who can shoot. That was my point. It was not Pecora was a good coach.  Rich93 disagreed . He thought it was a joke i brought up Suarez.  Thats it, thats my point. Nothing else. I agree with you that he got himself in better shape and probably would have happened under Neubauer.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2017, 12:36:26 pm »

Simple question: where was Topcat when we were getting some of the biggest wins we have had since joining the A-10 the last two months of the season?  Very vocal like many of us when we were losing and it looked the like the ship was taking on water.  But when we turned it around and won some games he disappeared only to return to post about Manny Suarez.  Embarrassingly transparent. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
fholbr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2017, 01:10:59 pm »

I agree that Suarez was out of shape and needed a kick in the pants. It would be nice to have him but we don't even know if he can play in JN's system. We are weak in the middle. Salina is injury and foul prone. He has not played a full season in at least 2 yrs (FU and JC). Ohams could probably end playing a lot in the middle. We need a 6'6" to 6'8" guy that can shoot to replace CS.
Report Spam   Logged
topcat
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2017, 10:52:21 am »

I agree that Suarez was out of shape and needed a kick in the pants. It would be nice to have him but we don't even know if he can play in JN's system. We are weak in the middle. Salina is injury and foul prone. He has not played a full season in at least 2 yrs (FU and JC). Ohams could probably end playing a lot in the middle. We need a 6'6" to 6'8" guy that can shoot to replace CS.

He would have fit in excellent.  Can shoot threes which is most important thing in JN's system.  Sometimes people get busy.  I root for Fordham to win all the time no matter who is the Coach. That is transparent.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2017, 12:33:35 pm »

He would have fit in excellent.  Can shoot threes which is most important thing in JN's system.  Sometimes people get busy.  I root for Fordham to win all the time no matter who is the Coach. That is transparent.

He shot 26.3% from 3 in the NE10 this year.  I wouldn't want him taking too many.  That's lower than even Slanina or Sengfelder did in NCAA games.  Don't get me wrong, he had a really nice year, but Creighton isn't nabbing him for his long range game.
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2017, 12:50:23 pm »

I wish Manny luck at Creighton and I am happy for his success

I do have to wonder how long we will be talking about his departure two years ago, he seems to have moved on, why can't we?

The reasons why he left are in the past and certainly cannot be changed, why bother rehashing them?

Report Spam   Logged
ram64
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2017, 01:17:01 pm »

He's moved on to Creighton.  Never really performed well at Fordham and seemed out of shape.  Wish him well in Nebraska but lets let this go.  He's been gone 2 years now.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2017, 03:14:08 pm »

Drunkle gave the numbers on shooting threes so I will address the people get busy.  You had plenty of time to post on multiple days multiple times a day when we were losing.  You suddenly got too busy to post when we won at Davidson (you posted the morning of that game but not after) and had some good wins down the stretch?  You could not find a minute over the next 2.5 months to post after one of our wins?  Not one post? Come on I get many of us post a lot and probably too much but the I was too busy to post for 2.5 months after joining in the fray as we got our clocks cleaned is nonsense. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2017, 03:20:27 pm »

Some arguments are a waste of time ... because there will be no way of reaching a factual conclusion. 

But it seems to me this one about 'what if Manny had stayed?' ... offers a definite conclusion. One we can all agree on.  One we can stand behind and say. 'that's it, that would have been the outcome if Manny had stayed.'

Carry on ... the sooner we arrive at consensus, the better.

Ace, I continue to look for that sarcastic imogee!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: