fordhamfans.com
December 17, 2017, 06:07:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Spring Ball 2017

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring Ball 2017  (Read 1653 times)
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2017, 02:49:41 pm »

http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/3/21/football-opens-2017-spring-practice-season.aspx

video and pictures of 1st practice...

good to see   TE Force   DE Pinninch   WR Lumley  back out there. 
2017 roster on school website    names and jersey  #'s  are updated  (but not height/weight). 
thought  DT Manny  Adeyeye  returning but don't see him listed on roster    Angry     
New DC  John Bowes installing his scheme..   Bucknell defense was usually stout/near top of PL.  Hopefully some of the things they did on D,  Coach Bowes will carry over to our team.
Curious will emerge as the 4th /5th starts on OL.
We really did address the DL.  plenty of #'s  , hopefully a few studs emerge in that group Smiley
We have bunch new coaches but when looked at staff, think we missing (need to add) a WR coach..

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:08:33 am »

New DC  John Bowes installing his scheme..   Bucknell defense was usually stout/near top of PL.  Hopefully some of the things they did on D,  Coach Bowes will carry over to our team.
oach..

Not sure what their scheme is, any details?

Does it look like anyone is in a new position?
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 05:48:24 pm »

Can anyone confirm that Adeyeye is still coming back?  Troubling to hear that he's been omitted from the updated roster.  Really, really hope he's coming back
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 12:44:37 pm »

Can anyone confirm that Adeyeye is still coming back?  Troubling to hear that he's been omitted from the updated roster.  Really, really hope he's coming back

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154441788092423&id=138776577422

PA Ram can now sleep easily 😄
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 03:24:22 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 10:06:49 pm »

http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/3/21/football-opens-2017-spring-practice-season.aspx

video and pictures of 1st practice...

good to see   TE Force   DE Pinninch   WR Lumley  back out there. 
2017 roster on school website    names and jersey  #'s  are updated  (but not height/weight). 
thought  DT Manny  Adeyeye  returning but don't see him listed on roster    Angry     
Curious will emerge as the 4th /5th starts on OL.
We really did address the DL.  plenty of #'s  , hopefully a few studs emerge in that group Smiley
We have bunch new coaches but when looked at staff, think we missing (need to add) a WR coach..

New WR Coach has been announced, Andre Barboza:

http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/4/5/andre-barboza-named-assistant-football-coach-at-fordham.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 04:24:27 pm »

Any reports from Spring practice?  It's been very quiet.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 04:26:21 pm »

Based on reactions in other threads on this board, that means that everybody sat around doing nothing and we are doomed.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 12:23:13 am »

It looked like a productive, healthy camp.  Recruiting for '17 was strong, and '18 is was been active with strong offers, and some wonderful commits.

Coaches in place, Chase and Anderson back.

Our coaches who leave, go to Power Five...terrific validation of our program.

Outstanding...
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 08:56:47 am »

Based on reactions in other threads on this board, that means that everybody sat around doing nothing and we are doomed.

You mean like every single game we don't win by 28?  Afro
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 03:25:35 pm »

As a reminder to those in the neighborhood, camp wraps up with the Spring game Friday night at 6:30
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 11:35:19 am »

I haven't seen or heard a word about the Spring Game on Friday night.  Was it cancelled?

If not, and anyone saw it..... I'd be grateful for some observations and impressions.

Thanks.

No Unrestricted Free Agent news on P.odom is surprising.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »

http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/4/28/football-closes-out-spring-practice.aspx

short video  and some pictures.    one nice touch was the new fall recruiting class was invited to attend.   watch scrimmage, and start to build some chemistry with new teammates.

I too am surprised no Odom news.  I'm hoping because its his agent trying to more to see which team he would have best chance to earn a roster spot.    but as times moves on  - maybe very few teams are interested.    Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 12:28:58 pm »

http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/4/28/football-closes-out-spring-practice.aspx

short video  and some pictures.    one nice touch was the new fall recruiting class was invited to attend.   watch scrimmage, and start to build some chemistry with new teammates.

I too am surprised no Odom news.  I'm hoping because its his agent trying to more to see which team he would have best chance to earn a roster spot.    but as times moves on  - maybe very few teams are interested.    Undecided

Thanks 17!   

I saw that video link and never connected it to the game.  Why call it a Spring Game when you can call it Practice #15?  Such a sexy descriptor.  I guess we are using the 'hard to find. exclusive' marketing strategy.   Shocked

Most teams are using the Spring Game as a major interest generator. I went to a DII spring game last week that had 2,500 fans.

Somebody was really asleep at the wheel on this chance to feature players, new things, optimism, etc.

Ugh 

New York is My Campus, Lazy is My School.

The players and coaches deserve better than this communications execution.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:11:41 pm by Scott W 86 » Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 01:08:55 pm »

Not at all.  How did he play his senior year?  He may still get a shot but it won't be based on the film they have on him.

What guys don't get is that its not that NFL teams can bring in as many FA rookies as they want.  In the old days there weren't roster caps on free agents.  There are now.  The NFL doesn't develop many players anymore.  They come out of college ready to go or very close to it. Every roster spot has to go to a bonafide prospect.  There isn't enough evidence that he can get on the field and perform.
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 04:40:59 pm »

I haven't seen or heard a word about the Spring Game on Friday night.  Was it cancelled?

If not, and anyone saw it..... I'd be grateful for some observations and impressions.

Thanks.

Medlock has quite a leg as he served as the Punter. He got the ball off quicker than Pavlik did. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. Will be interesting to see if Palladino or Brevard will take over for Pearcy as the backup. One of the drills featured two players squaring off to see who could overpower the other, and Colten Smith wrestled down one of the Walk-On DBs. Thankfully no one tore an ACL during the drill. Max Roberts looks like he'll be a beast out on the field.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 05:49:13 pm »

Medlock has quite a leg as he served as the Punter. He got the ball off quicker than Pavlik did. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. Will be interesting to see if Palladino or Brevard will take over for Pearcy as the backup. One of the drills featured two players squaring off to see who could overpower the other, and Colten Smith wrestled down one of the Walk-On DBs. Thankfully no one tore an ACL during the drill. Max Roberts looks like he'll be a beast out on the field.

That's a pretty common drill from pee-wees through college. Don't think I've even seen a torn ACL from Oklahomas or similar Type drills.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 02:08:32 pm »

That's a pretty common drill from pee-wees through college. Don't think I've even seen a torn ACL from Oklahomas or similar Type drills.

There are two sides of the coin on this - I tore my MCL (not ACL but thats totally possible) in a drill like this and it was actually as a pee-wee.

That being said, its THE drill that gets players excited in practice and it lets players show the coaches the difficult to quantify skill of toughness.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: