fordhamfans.com
June 25, 2017, 08:14:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Edward Kull Named Senior Director of Development/Senior Associate Athletic Dir.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Kull Named Senior Director of Development/Senior Associate Athletic Dir.  (Read 778 times)
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2017, 01:11:22 pm »

Seems likes a good hire. Is this replacing Frank?

http://fordhamsports.com/news/2017/3/23/general-edward-kull-senior-director-of-development-senior-associate-athletic-director-at-fordham-university.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 01:45:19 pm »

My guess is he's replacing the Marketing guy who left in December. Seems to have a Marketing background. Maybe he can find someone to replace Frank on the floor.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 02:29:15 pm »

My guess is he's replacing the Marketing guy who left in December. Seems to have a Marketing background. Maybe he can find someone to replace Frank on the floor.

The marketing guy had a marketing title. Director of Development title leads me to believe he'll be a fundraiser.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 02:55:13 pm »

The marketing guy had a marketing title. Director of Development title leads me to believe he'll be a fundraiser.

Correct.

A Marketing hire is reported to be coming soon.  That hire would replace Scott Donnelly.

The Development person replaces a gentleman who left months ago.  There is a talented Athletic Department fundraiser who has been reporting into a different group in absence of a senior Athletic Department development supervisor.

If anyone would like an introduction to the athletic development person, please PM me.   Softball, WBB, Soccer, Baseball, etc  all could use more financial support.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 03:03:52 pm »

Two separate positions
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 03:15:41 pm »

Correct.

A Marketing hire is reported to be coming soon.  That hire would replace Scott Donnelly.

The Development person replaces a gentleman who left months ago.  There is a talented Athletic Department fundraiser who has been reporting into a different group in absence of a senior Athletic Department development supervisor.

If anyone would like an introduction to the athletic development person, please PM me.   Softball, WBB, Soccer, Baseball, etc  all could use more financial support.

Is it me or does the development situation seem murky and hard-to-follow?  Seems there should be a clear and easy way to understand the organization for fundraising and who does what.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 03:42:50 pm »

Is it me or does the development situation seem murky and hard-to-follow?  Seems there should be a clear and easy way to understand the organization for fundraising and who does what.

Here's the department....

https://www.fordham.edu/info/25241/development_and_university_relations

Here's Kull's announcement...

http://fordhamsports.com/news/2017/3/23/general-edward-kull-senior-director-of-development-senior-associate-athletic-director-at-fordham-university.aspx

Here's the Athletic Development team.... (scroll down in Athletic Department)

http://fordhamsports.com/staff.aspx
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 03:50:23 pm »

So are those listed under the Athletic Development team part of Roger Milici's department?
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 04:01:16 pm »

So are those listed under the Athletic Development team part of Roger Milici's department?

Most are ... I don't think the Emeritus is.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 04:21:30 pm »

At many schools the athletic fundraising staff is a dual report to athletics and fundraising.  They're often physically housed in athletics but are part of University development.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 10:57:36 am »

Hopefully this guy is allowed to do something.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 11:03:49 am »

Hopefully this guy is allowed to do something.

Ha ha. I was thinking the same thing. I laugh not b/c it is funny, I laugh b/c it is a true concern.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
fordham77
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 01:31:07 am »

Most are ... I don't think the Emeritus is.

The Emeritus Family Court!
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 06:08:45 am »

To the bettors among us, what the over/under on how long he lasts?
Report Spam   Logged
fordham77
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 08:54:46 am »

From the official, posted Fordham announcement:

" . . .  Kull was the driving force behind record-breaking revenue growth from 2013?2016.  [Emphasis mine]

DOES ANYBODY AT FORDHAM EVER PROOFREAD ANYTHING THEY SEND OUT???

Perhaps Ted Mack could lend them an hour to help.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:45:33 pm by fordham77 » Report Spam   Logged
jimbo65
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2017, 12:42:49 pm »

" . . .  Kull was the driving force behind record-breaking revenue growth from 2013?2016.  [Italics mine]

How about getting Warren Beatty & Faye Dunaway to proof read the releases.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 10:34:31 pm »

" . . .  Kull was the driving force behind record-breaking revenue growth from 2013?2016.  [Emphasis mine]

I'm not which of these is more embarrassing.....that they don't proof their press releases, or that we actually read them!   I'm guilty.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 06:40:30 am »

Well, he's going to earn his money.  First assignment will be selling the McLoughlin Family Basketball Court and charter flight fund.  Number two will be finding another $2.5 mil for football offices.  He has his work cut out for him.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 12:27:37 pm »

Well, he's going to earn his money.  First assignment will be selling the McLoughlin Family Basketball Court and charter flight fund.  Number two will be finding another $2.5 mil for football offices.  He has his work cut out for him.

Per the point above about what he will be allowed to do, I think that will be the first assignment.  Specifically, he will need to learn and understand the unspoken rules about which past and potential donors he can actually speak to and about which projects.  If he doesn't like what he hears, then his second assignment will be to start planning his exit strategy.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 03:37:06 pm »

This is a TREMENDOUS hire. Hats off to whoever in the administration saw this opportunity when St. John's foolishly let Ed Kull go. A step in the right direction.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: