fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 02:24:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

P. Odom - Pro Day/NFL Draft Outlook

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P. Odom - Pro Day/NFL Draft Outlook  (Read 6025 times)
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2017, 03:26:25 pm »

I was wondering if Odom or others had a pro-day on Fordham's campus. After some light searching, it appears that Odom is having a pro-day on 3/29.

Odom is listed on ESPN's TE list of eligible NFL prospects, but the commentary is "insider" only. http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/7/year/2017

Some amateurish looking websites have posted "scouting" reports of Odom as well:
http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2017-nfl-draft-diamonds-scouting-report-phazahn-odom-te-fordham/
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1019050&draftyear=2017&genpos=TE
https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/02/01/rsp-boiler-room-no-78-te-phazahn-odom-fordham/
http://www.nfldraftline.com/?p=2553

I understand that this is a strong TE class, so I'm not expecting Odom to get drafted. I expect that he will sign with a team after the draft though and he'll get a look somewhere. His length alone will draw the interest of some NFL teams. 

In the past, Fordham has posted video of their Pro Days. Hopefully we get to see something from this Wednesday.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:40:18 pm »

In an effort to keep the threads on topic, I'm responding to an Odom post within this thread.

Ram-Spouse - you mentioned that NFL Scouts said Odom was too soft to play DE. I'm wondering where you heard this? Did he have another pro-day as a defensive player at some point? Did he hold private workouts? I'm curious where you got this information, especially since you're the only person to ever claim he'd be lining up as a DE.

Thanks for the response.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:43:58 pm »

In an effort to keep the threads on topic, I'm responding to an Odom post within this thread.

Ram-Spouse - you mentioned that NFL Scouts said Odom was too soft to play DE. I'm wondering where you heard this? Did he have another pro-day as a defensive player at some point? Did he hold private workouts? I'm curious where you got this information, especially since you're the only person to ever claim he'd be lining up as a DE.

Thanks for the response.

Why are you so obsessed with this topic?  The NFL Scouts that I know "think" and "believe" that he has potential as a DE....Good God.  How did you play D1 athletics allowing me to get in your head so easily?  You must have jumped off sides a lot.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:03:18 pm »

Why are you so obsessed with this topic?  The NFL Scouts that I know "think" and "believe" that he has potential as a DE....Good God.  How did you play D1 athletics allowing me to get in your head so easily?  You must have jumped off sides a lot.

So you were talking out of your a$$ then. okay got it.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 04:17:27 pm »

So you were talking out of your a$$ then. okay got it.

No, I just private messaged you.
Report Spam   Logged
NewGuy76
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 04:30:17 pm »

Although this is a strong tight end class, at one point in time Odom was top 10 in the class. I have 2 scout friends that said that their teams have a 5th/6th round grade on him. Then I have a buddy who ate lunch with the Kansas City Chiefs QB coach and he said that he and a few other teams believe that if Odom put up the numbers that they think he will put up, he should be a 4th round pick. The only thing that hurts Odom is his lack of production but it is understood that he was not used at all. A solid pro day can help him over come that.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 04:45:23 pm »

Although this is a strong tight end class, at one point in time Odom was top 10 in the class. I have 2 scout friends that said that their teams have a 5th/6th round grade on him. Then I have a buddy who ate lunch with the Kansas City Chiefs QB coach and he said that he and a few other teams believe that if Odom put up the numbers that they think he will put up, he should be a 4th round pick. The only thing that hurts Odom is his lack of production but it is understood that he was not used at all. A solid pro day can help him over come that.

I'm looking forward to reading about his pro-day results. Also interested to see if he's bulked up a bit since the end of the season. Unlikely that he made some sort of body transformation since then, but its not unheard of to see an athlete come into his pro-day in much better physical shape. I'm assuming that if he's serious about the NFL, he's spent all of his free time preparing for this moment since the end od November.

Report Spam   Logged
NewGuy76
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 05:01:24 pm »

I agree. I can't wait to see the results. I have been a fan of his and am a little disappointed in the outcome of his senior year. I also saw a tweet that said that he is going out to the Jets and Giants local days.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 05:04:03 pm »

Good luck to Phazahn.  I still can't wrap my head around how he was used this past year but don't want to go down that rabbit trail again so I'll simply wish him great luck and hope he gets a great shot to make a roster. 

Do we have anyone else hopeful of getting an invite to a camp? 

Any word on Abdul-Quddus or Mayweather?  Any other guys like Light or Tebucky, et. al. still playing somewhere? 
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 05:57:27 pm »

Any word on Abdul-Quddus or Mayweather?  Any other guys like Light or Tebucky, et. al. still playing somewhere? 

Not looking good for Isa...

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/03/11/before-blasting-an-nfl-contract-as-ridiculous-consider-isa-abdul-quddus/
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 06:23:19 pm »

Thanks for posting that, that's a nice article.  Let's hope that Isa's health is not impaired long-term. I'm guessing that he was smart enough to put some money away. Anyway, he got to play in the NFL which is the dream of a lot of kids, and he was damn good too.  As I recall there was a Giants receiver who probably still wakes up with a crick in his neck and thinks "Quddus . . ."
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 07:34:46 pm »

Thanks for that article, 81. Very good perspective by the writer.

People need to remember players have a life after playing, and Isa is an impressive representative of Fordham and our program. Best of luck to him.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 08:24:15 pm »

Wow... I hope Isa is okay long term. He earned an impressive 8mm during his NFL career. He had an impressive career and did well for himself. I'm sure he'll be able to Parlay this into something positive.

As someone else mentioned... I think Hakeem Nicks still thinks about that hit.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 08:26:44 pm »

I agree. I can't wait to see the results. I have been a fan of his and am a little disappointed in the outcome of his senior year. I also saw a tweet that said that he is going out to the Jets and Giants local days.

I've read the giants are targeting a potential first rd TE selection but there's actually a good shot the top two TEs fall off the board before their selection. I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants sign a guy like Odom if they can't grab their target.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 11:24:40 am »

As someone else mentioned... I think Hakeem Nicks still thinks about that hit.

He also BLASTED Jordan Matthews on the Eagles 2 seasons ago. As an Eagles fan I was torn.

blanket statement of the day - Isa is the hardest hitter in Fordham history
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 11:30:15 am »

He also BLASTED Jordan Matthews on the Eagles 2 seasons ago. As an Eagles fan I was torn.

blanket statement of the day - Isa is the hardest hitter in Fordham history

you're not the first person to say that.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 11:37:31 am »

you're not the first person to say that.

He's gotta be right? Another recency bias guy is Hodge - especially give his size
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 12:38:57 pm »

He's gotta be right? Another recency bias guy is Hodge - especially give his size

That kid McGrath from the Clawson teams could lay a big hit as well
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 01:33:48 pm »

MT and Q could leave a lasting impression on people too. Always fun to watch all these guys play.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 04:07:35 pm »

Any word on how things went for Odom, Pearcey and Pretlow today?
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 05:56:23 pm »

Any word on how things went for Odom, Pearcey and Pretlow today?

3h
Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini
Main attraction at @FordhamRams pro day: TE Phazahn Odom, 6-7, 251 lbs. Ran a 4.74 in 40. Has invites to #Jets #Giants local pro days.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 12:04:34 pm »

3h
Rich Cimini‏ @RichCimini
Main attraction at @FordhamRams pro day: TE Phazahn Odom, 6-7, 251 lbs. Ran a 4.74 in 40. Has invites to #Jets #Giants local pro days.

Thanks for the update!
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 01:47:09 pm »

agreed - thanks.

Separately, is there any word on Adeyeye and whether or not he's back?  Troubling that he's not on the roster anymore.  Sorry for bringing this here but didn't get an answer in the other thread. 
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 04:20:28 pm »

http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/3/21/football-opens-2017-spring-practice-season.aspx

On the defensive side of the ball the Rams return two starters on the line in senior tackle Nick Angeli, who notched 17 tackles in 2016, and senior end Ty Green, who made 26 stops last year including four for loss, along with senior Manny Adeyeye, who made 16 tackles, including 3.0 sacks last fall.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 04:25:28 pm »

MT and Q could leave a lasting impression on people too. Always fun to watch all these guys play.

MT and Q? Maybe i'm being dense here but who do you mean?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 04:33:06 pm »

I am glad someone else asked!
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
NewGuy76
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 04:45:11 pm »

Saw videos of the positionals and asked around and it was said that Odom caught the ball very well and smoothly which is something he definitely needed to do. He also jumped a 33 vert i saw in one tweet. Pearcey also looked good in the positionals.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 04:46:50 pm »

http://www.fordhamsports.com/news/2017/3/21/football-opens-2017-spring-practice-season.aspx

On the defensive side of the ball the Rams return two starters on the line in senior tackle Nick Angeli, who notched 17 tackles in 2016, and senior end Ty Green, who made 26 stops last year including four for loss, along with senior Manny Adeyeye, who made 16 tackles, including 3.0 sacks last fall.

Smiley

That's great - thanks.  Still wish they would have him listed on the roster but that's a calming link.  Thank you
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 05:02:58 pm »

Marcus Taylor and NaQuiton Gainus (sp?). Graduated in or around 2005.

My bad! shouldn't have assumed.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 01:18:15 pm »

Marcus Taylor and NaQuiton Gainus (sp?). Graduated in or around 2005.

My bad! shouldn't have assumed.

don't sweat it - in 2005 I was playing freshman highschool football
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: