fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 02:18:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

P. Odom - Pro Day/NFL Draft Outlook

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P. Odom - Pro Day/NFL Draft Outlook  (Read 6025 times)
NewGuy76
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2017, 01:38:27 pm »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2712980-every-nfl-teams-undrafted-free-agent-most-likely-to-make-the-roster
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2017, 11:02:15 pm »

Nice article, but I wouldn't describe his hands as "soft".  Maybe they are "softer" than as a Ram now that his vision is better.  Good luck to him though.
Report Spam   Logged
dajr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2017, 06:08:08 pm »

2017 Steelers Training Camp Nuggets: What you need to know from the 8/4 night practice

Notable Moment:
As described by Senior NFL Writer Jeremy Fowler, James Harrison gave a mouth full to T.J. Watt for going ‘finesse’ on tight end Phazahn Odom in their one-on-one drill. Harrison then instructed Watt to go “through him” which he did when they paired off again.

Hang in man!
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »

Ugh.  Welcome to the NFL.  Harrison is one tough sob
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2017, 09:21:01 pm »

The linkage of the exhibition games with my season tix pkg gets me 😡. I usually end up eating the tickets but I might go Friday just to see how Odom handles himself
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Bam 76
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2017, 12:50:37 pm »

I didn't watch the Pittsburgh-Giants game Friday night. Does anybody know if Odom played at all?
Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2017, 01:13:48 pm »

I didn't watch the Pittsburgh-Giants game Friday night. Does anybody know if Odom played at all?

I did not watch either but box score has him at 1 pass targeted for him 0 receptions
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Bam 76
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2017, 02:23:42 pm »

I did not watch either but box score has him at 1 pass targeted for him 0 receptions

Thanks. I hope it didn't slip through his hands.
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2017, 05:56:41 pm »

He played in two, perhaps 3 series. From what I saw it looked like he had trouble holding his block. Appeared to get pushed around on a few plays
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2017, 12:50:16 pm »

Odom still on the roster. 1 Catch for 10 yards yesterday......
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »

Odom still on the roster. 1 Catch for 10 yards yesterday......

He will make the practice squad, as I have said.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2017, 01:01:40 pm »

Maybe I spoke too soon.....

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/bryan-2017-steelers-53-man-roster-prediction-post-third-preseason-game-edition/

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2017, 02:32:20 pm »

He will make the practice squad, as I have said.

You also said he'd be a DE, so forgive us if we don't trust all of your predictions  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2017, 02:34:46 pm »

If he's not going to make the team, hopefully someone out there is intrigued by his size and will stash him on their practice squad for a season. regardless, he's played in an NFL football game and that's a pretty cool and amazing accomplishment. best of luck!
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2017, 03:03:14 pm »

If he's not going to make the team, hopefully someone out there is intrigued by his size and will stash him on their practice squad for a season. regardless, he's played in an NFL football game and that's a pretty cool and amazing accomplishment. best of luck!

He played in an NFL game and has a check with his name on it.  A heck of a lot better than most of us did 3 months after graduation!

I'd like to see him get picked up too but he doesn't block well or do a great job catching the ball.  Tough to be an offensive player with hose limitations
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2017, 03:28:37 pm »

You also said he'd be a DE, so forgive us if we don't trust all of your predictions  Grin

I thought we got by our differences last year....and moved on.  I guess your short term memory is still shot from playing the scout squad for so long.

Beat West Point!!
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2017, 06:59:38 pm »

I thought we got by our differences last year....and moved on.  I guess your short term memory is still shot from playing the scout squad for so long.

Beat West Point!!

Can't take some light ball busting? Must not have spent much time in a locker room. Toughen up buttercup!
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2017, 04:14:38 pm »

https://sports.yahoo.com/powerful-steelers-offense-adds-tight-end-vance-mcdonald-trade-49ers-170353408.html

ruh roh
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2017, 04:18:52 pm »

Saturday is cut day to 53 man roster.  We will know by then.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2017/8/28/16212674/pittsburgh-steelers-to-make-several-roster-cuts-prior-to-thursdays-final-preseason-game-nfl
Report Spam   Logged
dajr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2017, 07:22:32 am »

Unfortunately waived yesterday
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2017, 09:34:30 am »

Unfortunately waived yesterday

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/08/steelers_1st_cuts_phazahn_odom.html
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2017, 10:55:51 am »

Saw this coming with the Steelers trading for a TE in the past few days. The coaching staff is/was not impressed with the talent they had on their team. Hopefully Odom can find another team to give him a look. Perhaps a team that is already established at TE and would be interested in a long term project. Giants are too crowded in that position. Teams like the Seahawks and Cowboys come to mind. not sure of their depth though.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2017, 11:17:03 am »

I'm not sure anyone does long term projects in the NFL. 

I think Odom had a good career at Fordham and seems (from what I've read) to be a nice young man.  However a TE who doesn't block well, doesn't catch the ball consistently, and doesn't play on special teams, doesn't have much to contribute.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2017, 12:26:15 pm »

Saw this coming with the Steelers trading for a TE in the past few days. The coaching staff is/was not impressed with the talent they had on their team. Hopefully Odom can find another team to give him a look. Perhaps a team that is already established at TE and would be interested in a long term project. Giants are too crowded in that position. Teams like the Seahawks and Cowboys come to mind. not sure of their depth though.

CFL?
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2017, 12:38:44 pm »

CFL?

I'm surprised we haven't had more guys end up in the CFL. Tad Kornegay had an incredible CFL career with multiple championships. I'm sure he'd tell you its a great way to make a living.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2017, 01:48:26 pm »

CFL?

Do they not "block or catch" in the CFL?  Just curious why that idea would make better sense?
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2017, 01:55:38 pm »

I'm surprised we haven't had more guys end up in the CFL. Tad Kornegay had an incredible CFL career with multiple championships. I'm sure he'd tell you its a great way to make a living.

+1.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2017, 02:20:03 pm »

+1.

deflection......
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2017, 02:27:25 pm »

deflection......

Odom displayed enough to college to get an invite to camp AND to make it through the 3rd week of the preseason, basically right up to final cuts. Generally speaking, the CFL is a lower class of talent. I don't know if he's good enough to play in the CFL, but I think he's probably good enough to get some tryouts or to get a look by some of the organizations up there.

The "stone hands" stuff was overblown. From what I can recall, he didn't drop a single ball during his Pro-day and looked very impressive. Fairly certain he owns all of Fordham TE single season receiving/td records. He has the talent.

His senior year was not good, but it was fairly obvious that the offensive philosophy shifted under AB.

It's not crazy to think he'd get a look in Canada.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2017, 02:34:27 pm »

Odom displayed enough to college to get an invite to camp AND to make it through the 3rd week of the preseason, basically right up to final cuts. Generally speaking, the CFL is a lower class of talent. I don't know if he's good enough to play in the CFL, but I think he's probably good enough to get some tryouts or to get a look by some of the organizations up there.

The "stone hands" stuff was overblown. From what I can recall, he didn't drop a single ball during his Pro-day and looked very impressive. Fairly certain he owns all of Fordham TE single season receiving/td records. He has the talent.

His senior year was not good, but it was fairly obvious that the offensive philosophy shifted under AB.

It's not crazy to think he'd get a look in Canada.

The NFL "cut" process is apples and oranges this year vs. the previous years......I am not trying to cut Odom down.....Yes, he made it onto an NFL team's 90 man roster.  That is it.  Yes, he was "days" away from making an NFL team's 53 man roster.  That is procedural due to the new format.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: