fordhamfans.com
December 16, 2017, 11:15:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham’s Joseph Chartouny to Declare for NBA Draft

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham’s Joseph Chartouny to Declare for NBA Draft  (Read 4365 times)
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 05:53:48 pm »

Don't disagree that we've seen more out of these guys under JN. They also have more experience too, but I don't disagree. However, there's  got to be a way to make guys better and still connect with them and not be an ass during the process. It just makes it so much easier for them to make decisions like we are seeing.
If they can't handle a basketball coach, how will they handle their boss in the real world?
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 06:18:23 pm »

Chartouny is similar to Matt Maloney.  Not Athletic enough but Smart Enough to Play - (Not sure where though)
I've been a fan of Chartouny's game since day one, but Maloney was much more athletic and a much better shooter than Chartouny, and he started a lot of games in the NBA.
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »

It probably makes sense for him to get evaluated. No way do I think he's NBA material at this point, but then again, I'm not an NBA scout.  With CS and AA graduating and transferring, Chartouny probably figured next season wouldn't be that much fun, figured what the heck. I suspect he's back with us in the fall, having gotten some publicity and evaluations, but only for one more year.

Even assuming that, we've got 4 spots to fill, it's nearly April, and nary a verbal for next season. Can someone tell me when I should start panicking?
JN doesn't leak info on his recruits. I think we are safe until the end of the signing period before we panic
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2017, 06:48:09 pm »

No agent means he can come back.  Last year Kennedy Meeks and Justin jackson declared.  Meeks couldn't even get a combine invite.  Jackson went.  he said that the Warriors were brutal in their assessment of him, told him all the ways he was deficient, all kinds of advanced analysis.

He worked his ass off all summer with that in mind.  He became ACC player of the year and consensus first team all-american and creeping up in the 1st round of mock drafts.  It makes sense for kids to declare.

Chartouny won't make the combine.  Still a fair process.  Some kids don't bother.  I don't think it means he isn't coming back.

Honestly I think JC has been a good player for us but by no means is he NBA caliber at least at this stage of his career. I am still confused by all this. Sure he can come back if he wants since he did not sign with an agent but it almost looks to me like he wants a way out. If so that is not a healthy attitude even if he decides to come back.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2017, 07:17:23 pm »

Whats next, Matt Massimino is transferring for a 5th year at Philadelphia Textile?

oh be nice 85, Mass is a nice kid, gives effort everyday, practices hard when he was not hurt, and looks good in a suit on teh bench and represents the team well.  How dare you tease a kid who does not have A-10 talent. Wink just kidding

Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2017, 07:19:42 pm »

this could work out well if JC prepares for the draft, sees the gap between his game and the NBA, comes back and works even harder to improve his game.  I'll look at this as a glass half full.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2017, 07:28:54 pm »

He could guard Chartouny.

85, when I saw this post I said to myself, "Damn, is it August already?"  Wink

But this theory is dedicated to you, because I'm surprised you didn't offer it before me.....

Perhaps this is the players reaction to the court naming controversy  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2017, 08:18:22 pm »

Hey you never know.  Only at Fordham can we be screwed because we recruit very good students ! 
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 08:31:46 pm »

In light of all these personnel developments, I took it on myself to go, for the first time in years, and consult the Amazing Granko, Fordham Basketball's official soothsayer, to see if he would provide me with the Fordhamfans.com headlines for the rest of the week. We met, as is customary, in the back room of an Italian restaurant in Yonkers. Granko looked like he hadn't aged a day, and was waiting for me at the table, wearing his magical pocketless pants, dark hair slicked back with extra Brylcreem, arms folded tight across his chest, and a scowl of disgust on his face. I asked my question, and he consulted his crystal ball (actually, one those globe-shaped ice cubes, floating in a tumbler of scotch, strategically placed on the table so that sunlight from the window would reflect in all directions).  Here's tomorrow's news today -- you're not gonna like it:

Thursday:

CZECH-TURKISH TENSIONS BOIL OVER INTO WAR -- Pekarek, Slanina, Havsa and Siglam drafted for the duration, heading to front lines by the weekend.
AMERICAN ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR AMERICANS, TRUMP DECLARES -- Student visas for the aforementioned, plus Zarko and Chartouny, will not be renewed.

Friday:

BUNTING RETURNS TO TRACK, WILL HIGH JUMP FOR RAMS NEXT SEASON -- At least he'll still compete in a Fordham uniform.
OHAMS EMBRACES MORMON FAITH, WILL BEGIN TWO YEAR MISSION IN FINLAND -- Well, he'll be stronger when he returns, and Fordham's all about faith.
HICKS READY TO "DO IT ALL" FOR RAMS -- He'll have to.

Saturday:

NY TIMES; HEARTWARMING STORY OF COACHES' CHANCE MEETING ABROAD -- Ali Ton, fleeing into Syria from war-torn Turkey after a recruiting trip gone bad, meets a man named I.Q. Brown, who just happens to have a list of potential recruits for Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 08:41:41 pm »

In light of all these personnel developments, I took it on myself to go, for the first time in years, and consult the Amazing Granko, Fordham Basketball's official soothsayer, to see if he would provide me with the Fordhamfans.com headlines for the rest of the week. We met, as is customary, in the back room of an Italian restaurant in Yonkers. Granko looked like he hadn't aged a day, and was waiting for me at the table, wearing his magical pocketless pants, dark hair slicked back with extra Brylcreem, arms folded tight across his chest, and a scowl of disgust on his face. I asked my question, and he consulted his crystal ball (actually, one those globe-shaped ice cubes, floating in a tumbler of scotch, strategically placed on the table so that sunlight from the window would reflect in all directions).  Here's tomorrow's news today -- you're not gonna like it:

Thursday:

CZECH-TURKISH TENSIONS BOIL OVER INTO WAR -- Pekarek, Slanina, Havsa and Siglam drafted for the duration, heading to front lines by the weekend.
AMERICAN ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR AMERICANS, TRUMP DECLARES -- Student visas for the aforementioned, plus Zarko and Chartouny, will not be renewed.

Friday:

BUNTING RETURNS TO TRACK, WILL HIGH JUMP FOR RAMS NEXT SEASON -- At least he'll still compete in a Fordham uniform.
OHAMS EMBRACES MORMON FAITH, WILL BEGIN TWO YEAR MISSION IN FINLAND -- Well, he'll be stronger when he returns, and Fordham's all about faith.
HICKS READY TO "DO IT ALL" FOR RAMS -- He'll have to.

Saturday:

NY TIMES; HEARTWARMING STORY OF COACHES' CHANCE MEETING ABROAD -- Ali Ton, fleeing into Syria from war-torn Turkey after a recruiting trip gone bad, meets a man named I.Q. Brown, who just happens to have a list of potential recruits for Fordham.

Love it
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 09:04:34 pm »

If they can't handle a basketball coach, how will they handle their boss in the real world?

Not that they can't handle it. Perhaps, more of a disconnect and disapproval of the way things were being operated? Lets face it, most kids work hard to get the chance to play in college, and for most it's the pinnacle point of their playing career, as we have seen here and in the NCAA in general, the kids have the right to chose where they want to play (well this is earned through play) and who they want to play for at this point in their career.

Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 09:13:50 pm »

Some bosses are nice some are jerks, The same goes for coaches and everyone else. You can always switch jobs until you find a boss that is nice and competent. I am not implying anything but people have choices whether its what college they play for or where they work. Your assumption is the players are the problem. I am not assuming anything but I do believe there is more here than meets the eyes.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2017, 09:20:40 pm »

Some bosses are nice some are jerks, The same goes for coaches and everyone else. You can always switch jobs until you find a boss that is nice and competent. I am not implying anything but people have choices whether its what college they play for or where they work. Your assumption is the players are the problem. I am not assuming anything but I do believe there is more here than meets the eyes.

But most bosses are tough and if they make you better and help the company succeed in the past people would appreciate that and separate the personal and professional.  That is not the case anymore, as 85 would say my point is macro not micro.  These kids are making it harder to watch college basketball in general and this is coming from a person who used to love college basketball.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Jay92
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 09:40:52 pm »

Was this meant to be posted on April 1st?
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2017, 10:31:33 pm »

I expect JC to be back with Fordham next season. Testing his market value.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2017, 12:15:48 am »

Anyone saying he'll never get drafted on Facebook is getting a lot of flack from JC's Canadian friends.  I understand the loyalty, but blindly so in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2017, 04:17:53 am »

Anyone saying he'll never get drafted on Facebook is getting a lot of flack from JC's Canadian friends.  I understand the loyalty, but blindly so in my opinion.

I don't watch the NBA, but you still have to inbound the ball there, don't you?
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2017, 07:57:14 am »

The Islanders and the Buffalo Sabres are both very interested.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2017, 08:16:34 am »

Chartouny is taking advantage of having the chance to get feed back. I don't think he believes he is getting drafted.  Either he will be back at Fordham next year or he will turn pro in Europe I think it will be the former but as we've seen last week can't rule anything out.  Things are still fluid nothing we can do except hope we sign some good players.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:34:43 am by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 08:53:35 am »

Chartouny is taking advantage of having the chance to get feed back. I don't think he believes he is getting drafted.  Either he will be back at Fordham next year or he will turn pro in Europe I think it will be the former but as we've seen last week can't rule anything out.  Things are still fluid nothing we can do except hope we sign some good players.

He has the right to do it and in theory has not left yet but the fact is he is testing to see if there are greener pastures. Thus from a loyalty perspective aren't his actions no different from a CS or AA whose Loyalty has been criticized on this board?
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2017, 08:59:05 am »

come back to Fordham, JC!
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 09:09:07 am »

He has the right to do it and in theory has not left yet but the fact is he is testing to see if there are greener pastures. Thus from a loyalty perspective aren't his actions no different from a CS or AA whose Loyalty has been criticized on this board?

Going pro and going to another school are very different.  You want to go make money playing ball have at it.  If you are going to keep playing college ball show some loyalty and gratitude.  Also Anderson had the qualifying issue Fordham stuck with him.  Anderson got his degree from Fordham only played 3 years.    Sengfelder got a 4 year degree in three years did not live up to his end of the bargain.  Chartouny has been here for two years played both years.  Also he has not left, Anderson Sengfelder have. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
DCRam
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 09:31:24 am »

Was this meant to be posted on April 1st?

That was my first reaction.

Fordham has had some pretty good April Fools articles pertaining to the basketball team over the years. Patrick Ewing transferring to Fordham was one. Tom Parotta declaring for the NBA was another.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2017, 09:32:47 am »

Going pro and going to another school are very different.  You want to go make money playing ball have at it.  If you are going to keep playing college ball show some loyalty and gratitude.  Also Anderson had the qualifying issue Fordham stuck with him.  Anderson got his degree from Fordham only played 3 years.    Sengfelder got a 4 year degree in three years did not live up to his end of the bargain.  Chartouny has been here for two years played both years.  Also he has not left, Anderson Sengfelder have. 

+1

I would not compare going to pro to going to play at another school.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2017, 09:37:19 am »

By the way if Sengfelder or Anderson need summer courses to graduate Fordham should make them pay for them, especially Sengfelder. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2017, 09:38:41 am »

I don't watch the NBA, but you still have to inbound the ball there, don't you?
Post of the year.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2017, 09:39:34 am »

By the way if Sengfelder or Anderson need summer courses to graduate Fordham should make them pay for them, especially Sengfelder. 
And pay every cent.
Report Spam   Logged

-Tom Pecora
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2017, 10:03:29 am »

Like that will make everyone feel better.

Look, it's good that our student-athletes make use of their summers on campus, and take courses. On the other hand, I agree with 85 and the other posters who questioned the need for having these kids spend the entire year at Fordham, instead of summering with their families. Even the pros don't make the players stay in camp year round.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2017, 10:04:29 am »

Real world

Do you think more than half of these kids are thinking about the real world?   

When I think of the real world, and college basketball, I remember walking into the appliance department in a Sears, in the late 80's, and seeing big Frank Williams working in the store.  Nothing wrong with that, but a whole world away from seeing him scare the crap out of opponents, in the spotlight, at Madison Square Garden.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2017, 10:09:45 am »

Like that will make everyone feel better.

+1
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: