fordhamfans.com
December 16, 2017, 12:22:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham’s Joseph Chartouny to Declare for NBA Draft

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham’s Joseph Chartouny to Declare for NBA Draft  (Read 4365 times)
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2017, 08:13:43 am »

Sorry , Alcindor never considered Fordham. His fifth school was Boston College , then coached by Bob Cousy.

Well my source on that was John Bach being quoted in The Ram. Never knew John to be a bser. The article said something to the effect that Alcindor had informed Bach that he had eliminated Fordham from consideration.

Forgot about BC and Cousy. Should also add NYU to the list. Lou's family did not want him to go too far from home. How did that work out?

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:45:56 am by RAM71 » Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2017, 08:24:52 am »

Go for it, we can pull up the old Ram articles!  They go back to 1920. 
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2017, 09:33:28 am »

Well my source on that was John Bach being quoted in The Ram. Never knew John to be a bser. The article said something to the effect that Alcindor had informed Bach that he had eliminated Fordham from consideration.

Forgot about BC and Cousy. Should also add NYU to the list. Lou's family did not want him to go too far from home. How did that work out?

It's "Lew" by the way as in "Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor Jr."

Maybe this can go in the recruiting thread.  It could say that we were "involved" with him.    Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2017, 11:14:46 am »

Ram 71 - BC was a definite and I think you are correct on NYU. Never heard we were a finalist --- considered us , maybe?
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2017, 11:34:33 am »

Ram 71 - BC was a definite and I think you are correct on NYU. Never heard we were a finalist --- considered us , maybe?

Bay Ridge, I think we can both agree that Lou never seriously considered Fordham. He put us on his list out of courtesy to Bach who saw him play at Power and RHG. I think he decided on UCLA early on and didn't tell anyone.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2017, 02:46:21 pm »

So JC to NBA...
He did not make the 1st or 2nd or 3rd All-A-10 team (in a very good but not a great conference), yet he thinks he is ready to play in the NBA (a league that has 2 draft rounds, total of 60 players)
I like JC and think he is a good player and maybe he is doing this to create a buzz for himself for next year, but to me it seems a bit unwarranted.  If you are not 3rd team A-10, yet declaring for the NBA draft seems a bit far fetched and honestly seems embarrassing.  I wish him well and hope he finished for 2 more years at Fordham but this is nonsense.

2017 Atlantic 10 Men's Basketball
End of Year Awards

Player of the Year: T.J. Cline, Richmond

Defensive Player of the Year: Hassan Martin, Rhode Island

Rookie of the Year: De’Monte Buckingham, Richmond

Chris Daniels Most Improved Player: Marquise Moore, George Mason

Sixth Man of the Year: Kyle Davis, Dayton

Coach of the Year: Archie Miller, Dayton

All-Conference First Team
Jack Gibbs, Davidson
Scoochie Smith, Dayton
T.J. Cline, Richmond
Jaylen Adams, St. Bonaventure
JeQuan Lewis, VCU

All-Conference Second Team
Peyton Aldridge, Davidson
Charles Cooke, Dayton
Marquise Moore, George Mason
Tyler Cavanaugh, George Washington
Hassan Martin, Rhode Island

All-Conference Third Team
Kendall Pollard, Dayton
ShawnDre' Jones, Richmond
E.C. Matthews, Rhode Island
Matt Mobley, St. Bonaventure
Justin Tillman, VCU

All-Academic Team
Joseph Chartouny, Fordham
Christian Sengfelder, Fordham
Tyler Cavanaugh, George Washington
Patrick Steeves, George Washington
Mike Crawford, Saint Louis

All-Defensive Team
Charles Cooke, Dayton
Kyle Davis, Dayton
Yuta Watanabe, George Washington
Hassan Martin, Rhode Island
Mo Alie-Cox, VCU

All-Rookie Team
Mike Lewis II, Duquesne
Isiaha Mike, Duquesne
Jeff Dowtin, Rhode Island
De'Monte Buckingham, Richmond
Charlie Brown, Saint Joseph's
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2017, 02:58:45 pm »

JC's one claim to fame last season was his steals and he didn't even make the All Defense Team. At this point he will probably have trouble making a decent EU team. His best chance is to work on his skills for the next 2 years and reach the top tier of the A10, as a minimum. If he can  be an honorable mention All American than he might be able to achieve his goal. It ain't going to happen for him this year.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2017, 03:02:13 pm »

JC's one claim to fame last season was his steals and he didn't even make the All Defense Team. At this point he will probably have trouble making a decent EU team. His best chance is to work on his skills for the next 2 years and reach the top tier of the A10, as a minimum. If he can  be an honorable mention All American than he might be able to achieve his goal. It ain't going to happen for him this year.

Due to summer courses and credits coming in from his 13th year of schooling in Canada, Chartouny will be set to graduate after next season. He is feeling the waters now, so he can make a more informed decision after next season. Very good chance he comes back next academic year, but I do not expect him back the season after that. If he does not come back b/c he is going pro, more power to him.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2017, 03:29:54 pm »

Joe seems to be a very mature level headed young man who gives 100% on the court and in the classroom. He knows full well he is not an NBA talent and he has a right to privacy. I am sure that JN is out at the final four this weekend. Given all that has happened since season's end , is it too much to ask that JN go on WFUV the following Saturday to shed a little light on the program , recruiting prospects , and his assessment of these developments over the past week.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2017, 04:03:46 pm »

Alcindor played at RHG while at Power.... that experience eliminated us early.
Report Spam   Logged
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2017, 04:05:57 pm »

Funny but unfortunately true.
Report Spam   Logged
acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2017, 08:47:42 am »

Congrats to Joe.  I don't think this means he's definitely leaving but good for him to get a workout with a great franchise.

https://twitter.com/brookwoodelite/status/864187355623702528

Brookwood Elite‏
@brookwoodelite 
Besst of luck to alum Joseph Chartouny as he goes through the #NBAdraft process.
Will be working out for the Boston Celtics.

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2017, 08:55:00 am »

Congrats to Joe.  I don't think this means he's definitely leaving but good for him to get a workout with a great franchise.

https://twitter.com/brookwoodelite/status/864187355623702528

Brookwood Elite‏
@brookwoodelite 
Besst of luck to alum Joseph Chartouny as he goes through the #NBAdraft process.
Will be working out for the Boston Celtics.

I think its much more than anyone here expected.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2017, 09:48:53 am »

Could be he lands on their Development Team. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2017, 09:59:51 am »

Workouts get arranged through intermediaries for those who did not get invited to the combine. Chartouny will either be at Fordham or playing pro overseas next year.  He is not an NBA player or even D League.  It is good he is getting this experience but it does not change his status. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2017, 10:19:44 am »

Workouts get arranged through intermediaries for those who did not get invited to the combine. Chartouny will either be at Fordham or playing pro overseas next year.  He is not an NBA player or even D League.  It is good he is getting this experience but it does not change his status. 

Agree but still makes it difficult to "plan" for next year. Also, I wonder what the window is for him to decide to play overseas assuming he gets an offer. The last thing you want is for this to drag on into the summer.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2017, 10:28:42 am »

Agree but still makes it difficult to "plan" for next year. Also, I wonder what the window is for him to decide to play overseas assuming he gets an offer. The last thing you want is for this to drag on into the summer.

There is no official window that I know of, so it might require the staff giving him one. I do not think there is anything stopping a player from leaving to play pro overseas at any point they might want to do so.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2017, 12:14:03 pm »

Joe's our best player. We hold the seat out for him. I think whatever pro prospects he has, domestic or foreign, are enhanced if he plays another year of college ball. And there's that degree.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2017, 12:25:05 pm »

I dont think we appear to have any choice.

We are giving 4 year scholarships. He appears to be acting completely within the rules of declaring for the draft. Problem is any player intent on going to Europe could wait it out and make a decision in August .....no way to stop that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:30:46 pm by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2017, 02:03:10 pm »

Everyone can breathe a little easier.  Reports are that Joe will be back

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/865627642661265409

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account

Joseph Chartouny will return to Fordham next season, per a source. Entered 2017 NBA Draft process without an agent.

Report Spam   Logged
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2017, 02:06:10 pm »

Best recuiting news we could get.
Report Spam   Logged
coakley34
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2017, 02:56:05 pm »

Best recuiting news we could get.

Agree. All of a sudden we are kind of strong at the guard position going into next season now.
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2017, 03:23:45 pm »

Agree. All of a sudden we are kind of strong at the guard position going into next season now.

IMO we will be much better at guard and that is without AA. If we get a wing and a big that would be ideal. would love to see one grad transfer.
Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2017, 05:37:49 pm »

outstanding news   
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2017, 05:58:36 pm »

awesome news!!
Report Spam   Logged
floridaram94
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2017, 07:08:12 pm »

Great news!  I look forward to watching him again this year.  If we add a couple of pieces hopefully we can have another good year. And yes, I consider the last 2 years good years.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2017, 07:45:00 pm »

Agree -- we'll be very strong in the backcourt now. I won't say "welcome back", because Joe never left.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2017, 08:49:53 pm »

Welcome news!  It stops the out migration and gives us an opportunity to rebuild. We're down one big now, let's see what we get before the season starts.
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2017, 09:18:04 pm »

Great news! Glad to hear it...
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2017, 03:19:04 pm »

Jon Rothstein article on Joe Chartouny: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=467777
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: