fordhamfans.com
April 26, 2017, 05:53:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Where is everybody going and why?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everybody going and why?  (Read 6171 times)
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2017, 07:56:55 pm »

Try reading your own posts. " if Chartouny goes pro then good for him that is about cash not coaching." You couldn't be more wrong. It was all about the coach. As I indicated before , it appears he is staying.

If it is all about the coach why his he coming back to play for him?   he can just leave no one is forcing him to stay this year.  Your agenda is clear but understand Pecora/frank are not coming back and your rooting for this program to fail is pathetic. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2017, 07:45:56 am »

Very happy to hear that the rumor on Hicks was likely bunk.   

Hicks, Chartouny, Havasa, Zarkovic isnt such a bad rotation ......Ohams was pretty good last year as was Bunting in limited minutes so its a question mark but one with upside. if Slanina can stay out foul trouble, its not a bad base for the team right now.  Pekarek coming off surgery would have to step it up. 

We will have to wait and see.

Disagree brother. That's a very weak A-10 rotation in my opinion. We have some significant holes that need to be filled this year. Ohams has yet to show he is the answer, needs a lot of improvement and I think he won't bloom till his senior year.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2017, 08:48:55 am »

I watched Ohams go from being anchored to the bench to completely outplaying Mo Allie-Cox in a win.  I dont view that as a fluke, he dominated him in that game.  He is raw but got better as year went on, I dont think he is a 3 year project......he can rebound and play lock down defense.....didnt over do it and   Havsa  was very good late in season. That was not a  fluke either, he was great in A-10 games. We know what we have in JC and he was not 100% last year. If Hicks is as as good as advertised, we could have a solid guard rotation.....sprinkle in Zarko for 10 minutes of crazy defense....there are really few if any good bigs in this league, Slanina can dominate if he is just a good player......Tavares I view as a guy who can go either way..... I think he will be either a solid 11 pt. 6 rebound guy or he will fail early and be anchored to the bench ..........we obviously need to add talent but lets see what Neubie comes up with in the next few weeks...I dont think we are bereft of talent given what I sawin Tavares, Havsa, Slanina, Ohams, Bunting and JC....granted some of those were short snippets but they were against good teams......
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:07:26 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2017, 08:53:21 am »

Good article about Toole and how he struggled since turning our job down.  Essentially he can't keep his best players at RMU. 

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/adapt-die-robert-morris-andy-toole-dealt-college-basketballs-transfer-epidemic/
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
KPW
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2017, 09:16:27 am »

I think it was a good thing that Toole walked. I like our guy.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2017, 10:30:07 am »

Good article about Toole and how he struggled since turning our job down.  Essentially he can't keep his best players at RMU. 

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/adapt-die-robert-morris-andy-toole-dealt-college-basketballs-transfer-epidemic/

On the one hand, I feel a bit bad for Toole. On the other, I wonder if we have a shot at the guy who's transferring out.
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2017, 03:42:11 pm »

On the one hand, I feel a bit bad for Toole. On the other, I wonder if we have a shot at the guy who's transferring out.
At least the issue of players transferring to bigger programs "for the experience" is being taked about. I don't think anything should be done about graduate transfers but requiring sitting out 3 semesters instead of the current 2 for undergrad transfers may help level the playing field.
Report Spam   Logged
fholbr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2017, 06:39:26 pm »

From Rothstein:

Fordham grad transfer Antoine Anderson has cut his list to UConn, Seton Hall, Iona, and Buffalo, per a source. Immediately eligible. #shbb
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2017, 06:41:55 pm »

From Rothstein:

Fordham grad transfer Antoine Anderson has cut his list to UConn, Seton Hall, Iona, and Buffalo, per a source. Immediately eligible. #shbb

Just a hunch but I am guessing it will be Iona
Report Spam   Logged
fholbr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2017, 06:52:26 pm »

Iona has at least 3 other transfers visiting.  Also saw somewhere that CS was visiting Boise State
Report Spam   Logged
FU85
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »

From Rothstein:

Uconn? SHU?   Have I missed something the last few seasons?  Mans got to know his limitations!
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2017, 09:08:34 pm »

Anderson should go to neubauer Crawford ton depaoli and uken and thank everyone of them for helping him become a player that uconn seton hall want on their team. If not for them he would have been buried on the bench.  The coaching he got the last two years is the main reason he is in this position.  Show some gratitude.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2017, 09:23:47 pm »

Anderson should go to neubauer Crawford ton depaoli and uken and thank everyone of them for helping him become a player that uconn seton hall want on their team. If not for them he would have been buried on the bench.  The coaching he got the last two years is the main reason he is in this position.  Show some gratitude.
Here is a write up from SHUHoops. Looks like the Hall is recruiting a lot of transfer players.
http://shuhoops.com/seton-hall-basketball/antwoine-anderson-kevin-marfo-visit/
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2017, 09:31:58 pm »

That is great fact he is on the list is to his and neubauer and the staffs credit never happens without this coaching staff.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2017, 09:34:02 pm »

+1.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2017, 10:52:13 am »

Seton Hall would be a good landing spot for AA. UConn's lost a bunch of players after an "off" year, not sure how much fun a year in Storrs would be for him. Iona doesn't make sense. Severe went there in hopes of increased PT (which didn't happen). AA could have all the PT he wanted if he stayed at Fordham next year. So my guess is he looks to play a year of hoops for a bigger program.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2017, 11:25:33 am »

Seton Hall would be a good landing spot for AA. UConn's lost a bunch of players after an "off" year, not sure how much fun a year in Storrs would be for him. Iona doesn't make sense. Severe went there in hopes of increased PT (which didn't happen). AA could have all the PT he wanted if he stayed at Fordham next year. So my guess is he looks to play a year of hoops for a bigger program.

My guess is the higher up the program the less playing time he gets. Based on the talent UConn brings in as well as Seton Hall they normally are better talented than AA. Going to Iona will get him more playing time.
Report Spam   Logged
fholbr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2017, 12:18:00 pm »

CS has committed to Boise State
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2017, 12:19:34 pm »

My guess is the higher up the program the less playing time he gets. Based on the talent UConn brings in as well as Seton Hall they normally are better talented than AA. Going to Iona will get him more playing time.

Don't be surprised if it is Buffalo..... His family loves to see him play.  His wonderful Mom can outshout a thousand chairbacks in RHG.  She's a force of nature when her son's team is playing.  Any logical upstate program has an inside track IMHO. 
Report Spam   Logged
fholbr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2017, 12:29:43 pm »

Buffalo already has 3 guards coming in - including Jayvon Graves who was FU's #1 target during early signing period.
Report Spam   Logged
avon barksdale
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2017, 12:30:09 pm »

Did CS miss the feeling of rural Germany? Boise?! Curious about the choice, Leon Rice eats lit matches to impress players, maybe it was that?

Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2017, 07:44:05 am »

Interesting, although not surprising, that neither CS or AA seems to have considered Quinnipiac or Fairfield.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2017, 09:05:35 am »

I can't imagine the attraction to either.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2017, 09:23:32 am »

Parrotta /Pecora.....you say potato and i say poh tat oh.......
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2017, 05:46:22 pm »

Parrotta /Pecora.....you say potato and i say poh tat oh.......

your material has been pretty good of late.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2017, 11:33:49 am »

Correction *

AA IS getting an offer. I was told he cancelled his next visit.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:50:40 am by PeterMartin08 » Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2017, 11:47:36 am »

AA will not be getting a UCONN offer.
Not surprised. I don't see him stepping up to one of the major conference teams. 
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2017, 04:25:05 pm »

AA will not be getting a UCONN offer.
Actually he is.

Jeff Goodman‏ @GoodmanESPN
Fordham grad transfer Antwoine Anderson (@twan5_) told ESPN he has committed to UConn.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
Buzz
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2017, 04:27:43 pm »

Actually he is.

Fordham grad transfer Antwoine Anderson (@twan5_) told ESPN he has committed

Stay tuned 3.0
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:02:10 pm by Buzz » Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2017, 04:32:45 pm »

Actually he is.

Fordham grad transfer Antwoine Anderson (@twan5_) told ESPN he has committed to UConn.
Big surprise. I didn't think he would be able to make that jump. I wonder what role he will play with them?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: