fordhamfans.com
May 24, 2017, 02:02:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Where is everybody going and why?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everybody going and why?  (Read 7769 times)
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2017, 04:50:22 pm »

Best case he'll be a spark off the bench, worse case he'll be a notch above passing out the water bottles.

On the other hand, who wouldn't go to a (not so very long ago) national champ team?
Report Spam   Logged
Buzz
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2017, 04:52:01 pm »

He'll play a role where he won't ge overly exposed by having to do too much. I believe he'll contribute
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »

He'll play a role where he won't ge overly exposed by having to do too much. I believe he'll contribute
My uneducated guess is shooting guard in for defense. I don't think he can be faulted for making the step up when the opportunity presented itself.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2017, 07:33:53 pm »

Good for AA. Antwoine gave us some really enjoyable plays while he was at FU.  Between Eric P., CS and AA going to very good teams, in a back hand way, it reflects some good light on the program which unfortunately won't be notice by anyone except real college BB junkies.   
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2017, 05:08:06 pm »

Its really just a crazy situation now in college basketball.  And it hits across all lines. The IVYs are getting hit every year like this and so is every conference. Truly out of control and getting worse every year.

Agreed.  We have some good players transferring out.  I get it. Where are the ones who can really play transferring in?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2017, 05:22:32 pm »

Interesting comments by the VCU and Richmond coaches on the graduate transfer rule. Last few questions of the following article:

http://www.richmond.com/sports/vcu-s-mike-rhoades-ur-s-chris-mooney-address-ncaa/article_14b3915f-c7f4-57d2-9b07-a23525dec240.html
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2017, 10:04:06 am »

Interesting comments by the VCU and Richmond coaches on the graduate transfer rule. Last few questions of the following article:

http://www.richmond.com/sports/vcu-s-mike-rhoades-ur-s-chris-mooney-address-ncaa/article_14b3915f-c7f4-57d2-9b07-a23525dec240.html

Just limit eligibility to undergrads--you graduate, you're done. Go play pro, or just get a regular job and play in an adult league. Who cares? Is eligibility to play intercollegiate athletics some kind of birthright?
Report Spam   Logged
CTRAM
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2017, 01:30:11 pm »

Best case he'll be a spark off the bench, worse case he'll be a notch above passing out the water bottles.

On the other hand, who wouldn't go to a (not so very long ago) national champ team?

Ah, someone who values playing everyday and contributing?  Plus...Storrs? Enjoy the cows AA.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2017, 01:42:56 pm »

Ah, someone who values playing everyday and contributing?  Plus...Storrs? Enjoy the cows AA.

Clearly, you haven't been in Storrs recently. It isn't The Bronx, but it's not the cow pasture that you obviously remember. Major build up along Route 195, including movie theaters and shopping.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2017, 02:33:53 pm »

Oy, shopping centers? Must be paradise.
Report Spam   Logged
CTRAM
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2017, 07:43:23 pm »

Clearly, you haven't been in Storrs recently. It isn't The Bronx, but it's not the cow pasture that you obviously remember. Major build up along Route 195, including movie theaters and shopping.
[/quot

Yes I have. Worked out there for 2 years. They threw up a
Strip mall.... big deal. Plus Geno gets all the ink.
Report Spam   Logged
CTRAM
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2017, 07:46:20 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2017, 08:37:20 pm »

l

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. They have state of the art athletic facilities do we? Maybe AA will feel comfortable with the cows considering he played in a dump of a barn for 3 years.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2017, 10:58:51 pm »

l

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. They have state of the art athletic facilities do we? Maybe AA will feel comfortable with the cows considering he played in a dump of a barn for 3 years.

Or maybe AA is the guy that Rhodes talked about being recruited by a desperate coach recruiting to fill holes because his team imploded. 

Get your passports ready we are going international. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2017, 11:48:12 pm »

Or maybe AA is the guy that Rhodes talked about being recruited by a desperate coach recruiting to fill holes because his team imploded. 

Get your passports ready we are going international. 

Thank you. Reading Rhoades' comments I could not help but think of AA. Hopefully I am wrong on that.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2017, 06:31:35 am »

International it will be if national doesn't pan out.  Best would be combo of the two. 
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2017, 07:25:51 am »

Oh. So you've seen the Webster Bank Basketball Center?  It compares favorably with the historic RHG, I'm told.  And the national championship trophies on display... All won in his lifetime.  And the daily coverage from all the state's newspapers and tv stations.   Ya, who in his right mind would want to finish up his career there?  Give me a break.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2017, 09:17:15 am »

The speculation here is laughable. UCONN has won national championships. Anyone would go there if they got the chance. Nobody, including Anderson, said one word about facilities. Its an obvious move upward that needs no explanation. 
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2017, 10:02:20 am »

You're missing the point.  Now that he's left Fordham he'll be culturally starved. No more afternoons at The MET, theatre openings or museums.  Is t that why he chose Fordham in the first place?
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2017, 10:30:51 am »

If the UConn coach is desperate, then I guess JN is in good company.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2017, 11:01:51 am »

If the UConn coach is desperate, then I guess JN is in good company.

We are talking about UCONN specifically their offering Anderson when without the transfers and the top 100 guard getting released from his LOI he would not even get a visit.  As Rhodes points out these gits think they are going to better situation and just looking on the surface most would react like 85 of course you go to UCONN. But when you look closer they are being sold a bill of goods and the grass is not greener. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2017, 12:03:51 pm »

We are talking about UCONN specifically their offering Anderson when without the transfers and the top 100 guard getting released from his LOI he would not even get a visit.  As Rhodes points out these gits think they are going to better situation and just looking on the surface most would react like 85 of course you go to UCONN. But when you look closer they are being sold a bill of goods and the grass is not greener. 

I agree with that. I suspect AA is expecting to start at UConn. I think he will come off the bench and TBD how many minutes he gets. But he could be correct and I could be wrong. I like AA so I hope I am wrong. 
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2017, 12:46:20 pm »

International it will be if national doesn't pan out.  Best would be combo of the two. 

JN added Ton to the staff knowing that he has international connections.  I'm not sure if us landing some oversees guys means we had to panick and settle for them as plan B.  Though I'm sure many on this board will act that way.

Also, even if they are a last resort, CS was too and he turned out well except for the fact that he matriculated too fast Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2017, 04:13:22 pm »

I agree with that. I suspect AA is expecting to start at UConn. I think he will come off the bench and TBD how many minutes he gets. But he could be correct and I could be wrong. I like AA so I hope I am wrong. 

Last chance for AA to dance. Which school do you think gives him a better shot at doing that next year, UConn or Fordham?
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2017, 04:26:32 pm »

Last chance for AA to dance. Which school do you think gives him a better shot at doing that next year, UConn or Fordham?

As of today:

UConn- 30%
Fordham- 5%

That is just my wild guess. But if going to the dance is his main objective then he should have gone to Iona.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2017, 05:51:04 pm »

As of today:

UConn- 30%
Fordham- 5%

That is just my wild guess. But if going to the dance is his main objective then he should have gone to Iona.

Perhaps he wants a chance to win a game in the dance too.  Can't do that if you don't play defense
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2017, 06:01:24 pm »

As of today:

UConn- 30%
Fordham- 5%

A conference that only gets one bid a year is a bit risky. Yeah I know Iona is always in the mix given the weak conference but its no picnic having to win the tournament on Siena's home court.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2017, 06:09:05 pm »

Perhaps he wants a chance to win a game in the dance too.  Can't do that if you don't play defense

In that case he should have gone to Seton Hall.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2017, 06:11:11 pm »

A conference that only gets one bid a year is a bit risky. Yeah I know Iona is always in the mix given the weak conference but its no picnic having to win the tournament on Siena's home court.

That is true. But as of right now, Siena will be down and Iona will be favored to win the MAAC.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2017, 07:24:12 am »

Anytime you're going from a sub-.500 mid-major program to a program like UConn, even if they're rebuilding, the grass is much, much greener.  To think otherwise is not dealing in reality v
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: