fordhamfans.com
November 20, 2017, 05:45:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Moorhead ESPN / Fordham & Power 5 mention

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moorhead ESPN / Fordham & Power 5 mention  (Read 2093 times)
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 02:51:22 pm »

Can They are Penn State offer an incentive to keep him?

I seem to remember reading a piece wherein Joe mentioned former Pitt coach Walt Harris as having an impact on his coaching career
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 07:49:41 pm »

Any coach good enough to get $35 mil contract can coach my team any day.  JM is in line for a good job probably sooner rather than later.  It's not going to be at Penn State though.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 11:26:30 am »

Ok , you and the rest of your "inside sources "at PSU are morons" ok that's it! Franklin took Vanderbilt to 10 wins and took penn state to a big ten championship. A "bad game day coach/rah rah guy" doesn't do that. An "incomplete coach? Why because he doesn't All offensive plays? Another stupid assessment by you. That's why people hire offensive and defensive coordinators. Whos your definition of a complete coach? Kliff Kingsburry? He calls plays scores 40 but his team gives up 50 and he will be out of a job at the end of the season.  Great Head coaches are CEOs they hire great coaches, bring in great talent , they motivate and their players execute and they WIN!

What are saban , Dabo, bellicheck? Rah rah guys also?

morons?  that is a classy move.
my inside sources are former PSU players that are very tight with the program.  I guess they are morons too.
Franklin did a nice job at Vandy but two things transpired, first he left the cupboard empty and second the time had some violations.  Not a great way to leave a program.  A friend of mine worked at Vandy and also said they started lowering academic requirements for football during the Franklin era, which aiding his recruiting efforts.  Read my post as I do credit Franking for being a solid recruiter.
I never called him stupid, just saying he passed on play calling to someone else as he couldn't handle it himself.  Although he lacks this skill, he was smart enough to hire someone who could.   
Kliff Kingsbury, did I veer bring up his or any other coaches name?  That would be No.

keep it real
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 12:25:22 pm »

my inside sources are former PSU players that are very tight with the program.  I guess they are morons too.
Franklin did a nice job at Vandy but two things transpired, first he left the cupboard empty and second the time had some violations.  Not a great way to leave a program.  A friend of mine worked at Vandy and also said they started lowering academic requirements for football during the Franklin era, which aiding his recruiting efforts.  Read my post as I do credit Franking for being a solid recruiter.
I never called him stupid, just saying he passed on play calling to someone else as he couldn't handle it himself.  Although he lacks this skill, he was smart enough to hire someone who could.   
Kliff Kingsbury, did I veer bring up his or any other coaches name?  That would be No.

keep it real

Franklin didn't do anything at Vandy that any other coach who jumpstarts a historically bad program hasn't done.  Continue to do what all the other Vandy coaches have done...guess what?  You lose and get fired as well.

I know people around the PSU program as well.   There are still a lot of people out in Happy Valley who believe the program was hit too hard and Joe was entirely innocent.  They believe Joe would have gone into retirement a happy man and would have ascended into heaven at some point and most of the issue was blown out of proportion.   What really pisses them off is that no one inside the program has been brought back to run it.  They had to leave O'Brien alone because he had to clean up the mess.  Like Michigan, Miami and other schools, they think that only a "Penn State man" should be the HC at Penn State and they'll always have a reason to bitch about outsiders running the program.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2017, 07:08:12 am »

keep it real

We understand that you don't like Franklin that's fine but if you can't see that he is a GREAT head coach than it's nothing g more than sour grapes. And your inside sources are former players , big deal ! Unless they played in the 1980's, What did they ever win ? Wasn't until Franklin that they finally one something after decades of mediocre football. I have no dog in the fight but I need to call out stupid comments when I see them. And I brought up kingsburry because your analysis of a great coach is someone who calls offensive plays , at least that's what I gathered from your rant on Franklin
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2017, 11:07:30 am »

We understand that you don't like Franklin that's fine but if you can't see that he is a GREAT head coach than it's nothing g more than sour grapes. And your inside sources are former players , big deal ! Unless they played in the 1980's, What did they ever win ? Wasn't until Franklin that they finally one something after decades of mediocre football. I have no dog in the fight but I need to call out stupid comments when I see them. And I brought up kingsburry because your analysis of a great coach is someone who calls offensive plays , at least that's what I gathered from your rant on Franklin

Wow you are a MAD ram, one that is full of presumptions, ouch.  Relax, take a few deep breaths and count to 3... 1, 2, 3 I am taking care of me.

No, I do not think he is a great coach and most folks at PSU will say the same.  However, with that said he was smart enough to realize he can't call plays, brought in someone who could and he not only saved a potential lose of his job, but got an extension.  Well played. The guy isn't stupid but he also is not a complete coach, but not that many have all of the skills and that's Ok.  I am not a fan of the rah-rah coach, so what.  The guys is a solid recruiter and knows how to play the game.  That combined with O'Reilly's foundation got him to his current situation.   
My sources are guys that played in two different decades and have a consistent message and but I guess their opinion means nothing if they didn't play in the 80's, nice logic there.  There is far more than being a play called than being a great coach.  Trust me, reading comprehension is a beautiful thing.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: