fordhamfans.com
April 26, 2017, 06:00:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Sengfelder to Boise st

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sengfelder to Boise st  (Read 2674 times)
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:50:33 pm »

Just saw a tweet that sengfelder committed to Boise St
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 01:06:15 pm »

Unless there's a specialty graduate program, the move doesn't seem to make sense academically because it not a week-known school, nor does it give him any exposure for his continuing basketball career. 
The hiking and fishing in the rugged Salmon River area of the state is worth thr trip .
Report Spam   Logged
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 01:08:21 pm »

Christian is a fine young man and represented Fordham well. I wish him well.

GO RAMS.
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 01:13:36 pm »

He must like Blue Turfed Football fields and Potatoes.

Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 01:25:23 pm »

Unless there's a specialty graduate program, the move doesn't seem to make sense academically because it not a week-known school, nor does it give him any exposure for his continuing basketball career. 
The hiking and fishing in the rugged Salmon River area of the state is worth thr trip .

raptor biology.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 01:34:22 pm »

raptor biology.

Road trips to Vegas and San Diego.  They have been pretty good the last few years.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 01:46:45 pm »

Northwestern would have been my choice, but maybe Boise St. felt right for him. Given the pool of schools that were in on him, I'm a bit surprised, but good for him.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 01:48:01 pm »

and the confirmation: http://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/basketball/boise-state-basketball-lands-commitment-from-fordham-grad-transfer-christian/article_83befc8c-206c-11e7-92ff-fbecd2f1adb3.html
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
joeb
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 02:01:35 pm »

https://goo.gl/images/C5EmgL
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 02:04:14 pm »

could have got 2.0 and went there.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 02:04:58 pm »

Northwestern would have been my choice, but maybe Boise St. felt right for him. Given the pool of schools that were in on him, I'm a bit surprised, but good for him.

What other schools were supposedly in on him?  I have not seen a list anywhere and choosing Boise St. so you can hang out with your buddy who you played with on the german national team seems like a pretty poor decision regardless of whether he stays here or not.  

Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 02:16:05 pm »

forgot the quote!
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 02:16:41 pm »

who is that suave guy in the maroon sweater?
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 02:24:14 pm »

Academically, he'll do well, then he can transfer to a good graduate school after his eligibility runs out.

Thanks for being a Ram, Christian!
Report Spam   Logged

#ProudToBeARam
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 02:35:04 pm »

Academically, he'll do well, then he can transfer to a good graduate school after his eligibility runs out.

Thanks for being a Ram, Christian!
This program is not a step up for him. He should start and do well there.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 02:37:23 pm »

I'm guessing he wants to play with his Germany U-23 teammate Christian Jorch, who's at Boise. Good luck to him.
Report Spam   Logged
alanccrx
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 03:39:32 pm »

Good Luck and best wishes to CS....but it seems to show exactly how low the Fordham BB program has sunk.  From a New York City University to Boise, Idaho?  C'mon... Wants to play with a fellow German...Really?  That's the reason?.  Don't believe that for an instant. Playing in Idaho rather then New York City is better publicity for a future pro career?  Nope!
Playing home games at Rose Hill before a half empty gym?....an apathetic student body?...an administration that places no priority on
a basketball program?  Perhaps... who really knows..
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 03:57:21 pm »

Good Luck and best wishes to CS....but it seems to show exactly how low the Fordham BB program has sunk.  From a New York City University to Boise, Idaho?  C'mon... Wants to play with a fellow German...Really?  That's the reason?.  Don't believe that for an instant. Playing in Idaho rather then New York City is better publicity for a future pro career?  Nope!
Playing home games at Rose Hill before a half empty gym?....an apathetic student body?...an administration that places no priority on

I think it's more of an indication of how low college basketball has sunk
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 04:10:15 pm »

this conversation becomes circular and low-level, but yes - having a friend/teammate that sells you on the program does matter. You better believe the staff and school sold it hard. I'm sure he'll enjoy his year there. Moreover, it isn't 1975, the Boise St. program is more attractive than Fordham and playing in Idaho is better 'publicity' for his future pro career in Germany. As I said earlier, I'm a bit surprised he didn't take the Northwestern bait, or the California schools, but he'll be just fine at Boise State.
Report Spam   Logged

NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 04:36:45 pm »

This program is not a step up for him. He should start and do well there.

They won 19 games and went to the NIT last year. I think it's a step up.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 04:43:45 pm »

They will have a chance to make the tournament but if as Peter says he had other schools that could make the tournament this makes no sense.  But it is his choice.  Adios.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 04:50:13 pm »

They won 19 games and went to the NIT last year. I think it's a step up.
Boise State plays in the Mountain West Conference. This is not a step up from the A10. He should be able to compete and possibly even make their All Conference Team.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 04:57:05 pm »

Auf Wiedersehen.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 05:03:00 pm »

Good luck to him
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 05:37:15 pm »

Boise State plays in the Mountain West Conference. This is not a step up from the A10. He should be able to compete and possibly even make their All Conference Team.

Not a step up in conference, but Boise State has been Kenpom 96, 90 and 47 the last 3 years (in 2015 they made the NCAAs).  Hate to say that's a step up.  Fordham hasn't made the top 100 in the kenpom era, which goes back to 2002.   

And while not the A-10 the MWC isn't bad.  Only 1 bid this year.  But in 2015 it got 3 bids, and in 2013 it was a 5 bid league, with Colorado St (Kenpom 22), New Mexico (23), San Diego St (31), UNLV (38) and Boise State (54) all making it.  So in last 5 years Boise State has been to 2 NCAAs and an NIT, even though it never won its conference tournament.
Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 05:58:13 pm »

Not a step up in conference, but Boise State has been Kenpom 96, 90 and 47 the last 3 years (in 2015 they made the NCAAs).  Hate to say that's a step up.  Fordham hasn't made the top 100 in the kenpom era, which goes back to 2002.   

And while not the A-10 the MWC isn't bad.  Only 1 bid this year.  But in 2015 it got 3 bids, and in 2013 it was a 5 bid league, with Colorado St (Kenpom 22), New Mexico (23), San Diego St (31), UNLV (38) and Boise State (54) all making it.  So in last 5 years Boise State has been to 2 NCAAs and an NIT, even though it never won its conference tournament.

agree   MWC was only a shade below A-10 this past season per Sagarin     also, Boise SOS was stronger than ours and home attendance was far superior, several games exceeding 7K    plus, if he has a friend there, not such a strange move    enjoyed watching him play, his effort and wish him well   
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 06:07:23 pm »

Agreed but it's a major step as far as programs go. Major. Not even close.
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 08:04:52 pm »

Lets see - he's transferring to a team that just went two games deep into the NITs. For the Broncos last home game there were nearly 6000 fans in attendance.

Why would he go there? You have to ask?
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 08:16:37 pm »

CS played major minutes in every game while he was at FU. He was very personable and friendly. He seemed to give his all every time.  For whatever reasons he had, he wanted to make a change after graduation. Best wishes to him.  And best wishes that the Rams can come up with a suitable replacement, which we know is a big unknown for our always challenged program.
When did the program last get a lucky break?  Even the Cubs and Red Sox have had their day. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 08:26:30 pm »

Agreed but it's a major step as far as programs go. Major. Not even close.

Nope.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: