fordhamfans.com
May 28, 2017, 06:14:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Sengfelder to Boise st

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sengfelder to Boise st  (Read 2753 times)
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 08:54:56 pm »

Nope.

Really? I haven't looked up their record but we have  1 winning season in what? 20? Most
Programs in the NCAA are a step up. NIT last year for Boise. When was our last NIT appearance? The A-10 can only Carry us so far.

Checked NCAA appearances... 3 since 08. Seems impossible
At Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 09:19:02 pm »

This is exactly why westerners generally don't like easterners (especially New Yorkers). I know that when I had to listen to it first-hand for eight years living out there, when I was easily identified by my New York accent.

Seng served us (very) well for his three years, playing great ball and being probably an even greater student. Dissing his next school of choice is that snob crap that I've seen too often on this board when something like this happens bros.

Just wish him well (he deserves it) and move on.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 09:24:35 pm »

Seng served us (very) well for his three years, playing great ball and being probably an even greater student. Dissing his next school of choice is that snob crap that I've seen too often on this board when something like this happens bros.

I don't understand why you insist on using "bros" in every single sentence, but I completely agree with both comments.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 09:26:57 pm »

Different school, different conference, different part of the country, different experience. Expand your horizons, it's what education should do. Best of luck to him. Classy guy.
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:09 pm »

I don't understand why you insist on using "bros" in every single sentence, but I completely agree with both comments.

Peter -  agree with almost everything you post (more or less), and thanks for agreeing with me too. But I just did a fact check on your assertion that I use "bro" in every sentence, and in my most recent message in question, I (as a matter of fact) used "bro" in just one of five sentences. Point taken, but I'm not not giving up my "bro", bro - that's meant as a term of respect to you and others - it's just who I am.

Peace.
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 10:07:36 pm »

Different school, different conference, different part of the country, different experience. Expand your horizons, it's what education should do. Best of luck to him. Classy guy.

My sentiments exactly.  He's young and wants new experiences.  Good luck to him - hope he enjoys the new path he has set for himself.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 10:09:56 pm »

Peter -  agree with almost everything you post (more or less), and thanks for agreeing with me too. But I just did a fact check on your assertion that I use "bro" in every sentence, and in my most recent message in question, I (as a matter of fact) used "bro" in just one of five sentences. Point taken, but I'm not not giving up my "bro", bro - that's meant as a term of respect to you and others - it's just who I am.

Peace.

hah, sounds good man. Post German shepherd Christian Sengfelder era...After Ali Ton lands brother Bertan Bastan, will you change to 'Belmont Bastan' ?

We need some dogs on this roster. I count two. Possibly three. Need four more to be competitive.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 10:13:06 pm »

Agreed but it's a major step as far as programs go. Major. Not even close.

Of course....

Christian didn't play FOR the A10...he played for Fordham
He didn't use an A10 weight room, locker rooms, arena, he used Fordham's
A10 crowds rooted against him......for support he counted on Fordham fans (u-oh)

He's going to travel to LA, San Jose, San Diego and Las Vegas (incl conference tourney)

I thought it was telling when he was quoted noticing so many fans in the airport wearing school shirts and hats.  BSU is the big dog in town.

He didn't cite an academic driving force.  I guess it's a basketball decision.  I don't think we have enough information and perspective to second guess him.

Good luck Christian!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:52:45 pm by Scott W 86 » Report Spam   Logged
cbbdan
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 10:47:04 pm »

Good landing spot for him, they have a solid program over there. Leon Rice is a good coach too, he will utilize CS well. Sucked that he left but he wasn't a JN recruit so it was fortunate that he stood for the 2 years that he did, a lot of guys leave as soon as their coach does. Anyway good luck to him.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 11:19:35 am »

agree   MWC was only a shade below A-10 this past season per Sagarin     also, Boise SOS was stronger than ours and home attendance was far superior, several games exceeding 7K    plus, if he has a friend there, not such a strange move    enjoyed watching him play, his effort and wish him well   

It definitely is not like the MAAC or CAA.  The MAAC has twice gotten 2 bids in its 38 years (it didn't get autobids until 1984, unfortunately right after Fordham won the 2 prior conference tournaments).  The CAA got 3 bids once and 2 bids 3 times in 38 years, including once with David Robinson's Navy team, when it was still the ECAC south division.

The MWC has had multiple bids 14 times in its 18 year existence.  And it lost 2 of its earlier power teams, BYU and Utah, yet still put 4 in the NCAA Tournament in 2012 (and 3 teams ranked in the final AP poll), and 5 in 2013, after BYU and Utah left.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2017, 11:32:36 am »

Perhaps Christian "Spuds" Sengfelder's academic ambitions lie a bit further down the road, and he's going to use next season as a "gap" year. Relax, do some classes, play hoops with a friend from Germany, see another part of this country and another way of living. Fine. Lots of students do that. That's what youth is for, I think. Good luck, Chris!
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 12:28:44 pm »

What other schools were supposedly in on him?  I have not seen a list anywhere and choosing Boise St. so you can hang out with your buddy who you played with on the german national team seems like a pretty poor decision regardless of whether he stays here or not.

12,000-seat Taco Bell Arena; 22,000 students, so probably lots of good-looking girls; hiking, river-rafting and skiing really close to campus...what's not to like? I'm sure he'll have fun, and he may just get a trip to the dance...
Report Spam   Logged
Buzz
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2017, 12:36:12 pm »

I'd say 99% of people at Fordham have heard of Boise State. I'd venture to guess 15% of people at Boise State have heard of Fordham. I say this not as a dig at Boise State, just at my attempt to show that Fordham has less name recognition
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:04:19 am by Buzz » Report Spam   Logged
DCRam
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 01:07:00 pm »

Bis spaeter Christian. Danke fuer Alles. Toi toi toi.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 01:24:29 pm »

I'd say 99% of people at Fordham have heard of Boise State. I'd venture to guess 15% of people at Boise State have heard of Fordham

That may simply illustrate that Fordham people are better informed, no?
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2017, 01:53:01 pm »

Or that Boise state has had a top 5 football team several times over the past decade and has been to the dance too.  Having a good sports program is the best publicity a school can get, whether our admin accepts/likes that fact or not.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2017, 02:18:01 pm »

Peace.

He is going to Idabro? For the brotatoes?   
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:56:11 pm by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2017, 02:43:31 pm »

I'll also add that I don't think 99% of Fordham students know of Boise Sate because it has been proven that our students are not sports fans, they would have to be crazy like us on this board if they were  ;D
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2017, 03:18:34 pm »

Playing in Idaho rather then New York City is better publicity for a future pro career? Nope!

Huh? Boise State is a BCS school...WAY higher-profile than Fordham. Not even close. And conference-wise, the Mountain West (11th in the basketball conference power ratings) is pretty much a western version of the A-10 (ninth in the conference power ratings). Five teams won 20 games, and that doesn't even include schools like New Mexico, UNLV or perennial power San Diego State. If CS is interested in playing pro (and I have no idea if he is or not), he'll definitely get better exposure at BSU than he would at Fordham...
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2017, 05:06:38 pm »

Huh? Boise State is a BCS school...WAY higher-profile than Fordham. Not even close. And conference-wise, the Mountain West (11th in the basketball conference power ratings) is pretty much a western version of the A-10 (ninth in the conference power ratings). Five teams won 20 games, and that doesn't even include schools like New Mexico, UNLV or perennial power San Diego State. If CS is interested in playing pro (and I have no idea if he is or not), he'll definitely get better exposure at BSU than he would at Fordham...

Or in the MAAC ;)
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2017, 07:45:10 pm »

Let's not go crazy John.   I'll stipulate that 90% of Fordham folks know Boise State.

The problem is only 54% of the Fordham folks know that WE have a Men's BB team!
Report Spam   Logged
friarsbob1
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2017, 09:31:34 pm »

This is exactly why westerners generally don't like easterners (especially New Yorkers). I know that when I had to listen to it first-hand for eight years living out there, when I was easily identified by my New York accent.

+1
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2017, 11:03:45 pm »

I'd say 99% of people at Fordham have heard of Boise State. I'd venture to guess 15% of people at Boise State have heard of Fordham

If they memorized state Capitals.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2017, 06:02:26 am »

A chance to spend a year or two in the west? Nice part of the country. People are much nicer than the North East.  The big state universities do a lot of research, compared to the minuscule research we  do at Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2017, 09:38:34 am »

Or in the MAAC ;)

;D
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2017, 11:22:40 am »

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-basketball/article144388599.html

Straight from his mouth:

“I chose Boise because I believe that I can make the next step here as a basketball player,” Sengfelder told the Idaho Statesman. “It was important to play for a championship and NCAA Tournament bid, but also develop as a player, and I can see both happening here.”

“The way I see myself is that I will come in with ... some experience, as I have been a starter at an A10 (Atlantic 10 Conference) school,” Sengfelder said. “I want to have responsibility, and want to help Boise State go to the NCAA Tournament.”

Report Spam   Logged

Ramer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2017, 04:30:48 pm »

No matter how you dice it, it does not say much for JN or the Fordham BB program, sad to say.  C Sengfelder is a very bright guy, had close to 4.0 GPA, I believe, and completed his business degree in three years, while playing on the BB team, and English is his second language! That's quite an accomplishment.  All things considered, I would have preferred to see him at Duke or UNC Chapel Hill, etc. not only for the BB but the academics as well. BSU should be a breeze for him. But he will always be a Fordham man and I am sure he will be a terrific representative of Fordham in all his future endeavors.  I hope he has good memories and sentiments toward Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2017, 04:47:01 pm »

No matter how you dice it, it does not say much for JN or the Fordham BB program, sad to say.  

Why do you think that?  How many graduates stay at the same school? 
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2017, 06:12:27 pm »

I think most of us, if we graduated FU with a year of basketball eligibility left, would try their luck at another school. You'd already have everything FU BB could give you. The grad year is a bonus which gives you even more contacts and benefits.  
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2017, 07:09:41 pm »

In addition to always giving 100%, I always felt that Christian was having fun. Often during a game, he could be seen with a smile on his face. I believe that he has his act together and a solid sense of values. BB is an important part of his life right now and as I read in another post, he indicated that next year will be his last. Who can blame him for wanting to go to a program where he may very well be a big contributor vis-a-vis at a Duke, e.g., and make the Big Dance?

I may have missed it but I don't recall him being quoted as saying anything about playing pro-ball in Europe or anywhere. He has a friend and fellow countryman, who has allegedly sold him on joining him at Boise State for a year. My guess is that he is going there to have fun for a year; take some interesting courses, and hopefully participate in the NCAA next year. Thereafter, he is probably going to pursue a career in whichever field may be of interest to him. He will have fun and I suspect will be very successful at whatever that may be.

God bless him, and "Thank you" Christian for the many positives you brought to Fordham BB during the past three years.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: