fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:29:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

AA to UCONN

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AA to UCONN  (Read 4750 times)
Waffle
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2017, 12:29:57 pm »

AA,
     Its ok that signed with UConn. Good luck with your future but I believe you will be disappointed with your playing time. If you stayed at FU you would have seen major minutes. I thought you would have transferred down to a MAAC, NEC or Patriot League team that was close to the NCAA tourney and could use a player with your skill set to get them in the show but congrats on your degree, you will be a fellow alum but understand they are recruiting over you already. Good luck.
I think he'll do well.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2017, 12:51:06 pm »

AA,
     Its ok that signed with UConn. Good luck with your future but I believe you will be disappointed with your playing time. If you stayed at FU you would have seen major minutes. I thought you would have transferred down to a MAAC, NEC or Patriot League team that was close to the NCAA tourney and could use a player with your skill set to get them in the show but congrats on your degree, you will be a fellow alum but understand they are recruiting over you already. Good luck.

Some people can't just give him a nod without some sort of dig or qualifier.
Report Spam   Logged
FU85
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2017, 05:48:06 pm »

Some people can't just give him a nod without some sort of dig or qualifier.

No dig, i just dont think he is a uconn level guard. I believe his talent level is perfect for where he was and our season will go on and us guys will be on this site talking about the same issues next year. Its what we do.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2017, 06:16:38 pm »

Its what we do.

Yup! Hahah
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2017, 08:03:16 am »

AA is averaging 31.5 minutes a game. Arguably  2 of their best players are A-10 transfers with Terry Larrier.  I think AA is exceeding expectations, to this point.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:26:31 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2017, 08:31:57 am »

AA is averaging 31.5 minutes a game. Arguably their 2 of their best players are A-10 transfers with Terry Larrier.  I think AA is exceeding expectations, to this point.
Disagree.  Not yet anyway.  His minutes spiked because of Jalen Adams suspension, and they barely beat Colgate and Stony Brook - not exactly Murderer's Row.  Coaching friend texted me from the Providence exhibition game: UConn is "terrible" and Anderson "unimpressive."  I don't think anyone here expected him to be a scrub at UConn - he's a talented 22 year old who had success in big moments for us - but it's way too early to say he's exceeded expectations given the circumstances.  Let's revisit in January.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2017, 08:34:05 am »

Well, lets revisit after they play Oregon.  I was also lumping in the exhibitions.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2017, 10:24:24 am »

Either way, I think AA will be an important contributor for that team.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2017, 09:50:40 pm »

AA looks good 1st sub off bench defense offense Team Player Afro
Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2017, 11:31:51 pm »

AA,

just beat Oregon in Oregon in Phil Knight's tourney     AA dunk put UCONN ahead for good with 2 minutes to go     sunk the final 2 points of the game from the line     wished he had stayed but his decision seems quite wise at this point   
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2017, 12:50:29 am »

I could not care less how he does. He can sit on a cactus and rotate.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Keesh1983
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2017, 07:02:51 am »

Man I was hoping people would be giving him his props by now. Last time I checked people were saying he wouldn't get any minutes...he's averaging 30mins a game...has walked away with pts, assists, steals and rebounds...let's not even get on the savagery when it comes to his defense...what else will he need to do? Fordham was a great run...but just like any job when an opportunity arises you take it...sure some people won't like it but you do what's best for you right? Right! Just congratulate the man..hey at least they mention Fordham when they mention him...so be ☺!
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2017, 07:56:19 am »

The bigger issue for the Rams is how to prevent 3 year players from leaving and depriving the team of their “senior” leadership, an important quality which the Rams typically lack.  AA and CS were two bright and skilled players who could have helped our team’s transition this season. But they’re gone, and we have to figure a way forward without them.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2017, 08:11:34 am »

& remember his NON-Improvement Under TP his high dribble .... His Future looks Bright Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2017, 08:16:13 am »

The bigger issue for the Rams is how to prevent 3 year players from leaving and depriving the team of their “senior” leadership, an important quality which the Rams typically lack.  AA and CS were two bright and skilled players who could have helped our team’s transition this season. But they’re gone, and we have to figure a way forward without them.

Its impossible to prevent it completely, unless you never take a transfer or never red shirt anyone. You can reduce it by reducing the amount of freebie classes taken to enable a player to graduate in 3 years.

I think the point of reviving this was to contradict the purported basketball acumen of some posters vis-a-vis the ability and playing  time AA would get at UCONN.
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2017, 08:54:33 am »

Man I was hoping people would be giving him his props by now. Last time I checked people were saying he wouldn't get any minutes...he's averaging 30mins a game...has walked away with pts, assists, steals and rebounds...let's not even get on the savagery when it comes to his defense...what else will he need to do? Fordham was a great run...but just like any job when an opportunity arises you take it...sure some people won't like it but you do what's best for you right? Right! Just congratulate the man..hey at least they mention Fordham when they mention him...so be ☺!
Without going back to re-read this pointless thread, I can't imagine anyone saying Anderson wouldn't get minutes.  He's 22 years old, talented and experienced, and I would expect will actually perform better surrounded by better players at UConn than he did shouldering more of the team's burden here.  While his minutes did jump due to Adam's suspension, he can play two or three positions depending on Ollie's lineup at any given time.  You don't bring this guy in for one year if you don't expect him to make significant contributions.  Given another year of development, so far he's done exactly what we should have expected, especially considering UConn's competition so far.  If he averages more than 9 points, three rebounds and and four assists per game this season, he'll exceed my expectations.  All that said ... let's move on.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2017, 09:23:52 am »

AA is good enough that if he stayed and played for us and we got a couple of pieces, we could contend for post season basketball next year
versus
UConn  is going to be bad, and he won't play anyway because its UConn and he is not good enough, but they are going to be bad

Here is one post on the subject. There are more.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2017, 10:04:07 am »

This made me laugh out loud. I'm not following AA by any means, but I hope he does well. This was still funny though.
Report Spam   Logged
Coach P 01
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2017, 10:29:39 am »

Wow Ace - you are getting cranky and mean in your old age.   The Fordham grad evolution. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2017, 12:51:33 pm »

I'll be in Arizona later this week and will try to locate a suitable saguaro.  While UConn may be bad and AA will not play, they are for now 4-0, he's playing 29 minutes a game and averaging 10.8 and they just beat Oregon, so it seems the powers of prophecy that have many of us predicting Fordham wins apply equally to alums.

That being said, I think Hicks and Evans are more than suitable successors to AA and will perform well as the season advances.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2017, 04:54:44 pm »

Above all, I feel that it's disappointing (that's the correct word, IMO) that AA, CS, etc did not feel compelled to band together to make their mark as seniors at Fordham. That says a lot - and that's what cuts deep to create the "rotating cactus" comment.

I do hope both (continue to) excel this year.

Will the UCONN name/connections result in a better landing spot for AA in France? Yeah, maybe so. Is fulfilling a personal desire to play at that conference level worth it for one year to him? Evidently. You only do this once, go get it.  If I'm his brother, knowing what I know about the inner-workings of Fordham athletics, I'm supporting his move to a better spot.

I suppose what I find interesting is that the end result (European contract, figures) will be comparable.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2017, 05:04:26 pm »

This made me laugh out loud. I'm not following AA by any means, but I hope he does well. This was still funny though.

I was listening to 3rd Base - The Cactus Album when I made that comment. It was in jest, as for the most part, I do not care all that much how those that leave us while having eligibility left end up doing.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2017, 05:48:59 pm »

I was listening to 3rd Base - The Cactus Album when I made that comment. It was in jest, as for the most part, I do not care all that much how those that leave us while having eligibility left end up doing.

I agree. Good luck to him, but he's no longer a part of Fordham basketball. Shouldn't this thread be moved to Sports Talk?
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2017, 06:03:58 pm »

It was Fordham related when it was opened and now is being misused. Just going to lock it and if someone wants they can start a new thread in sports talk.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: