fordhamfans.com
October 21, 2017, 11:34:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

A10 Incoming/Outgoing List 2017-18

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A10 Incoming/Outgoing List 2017-18  (Read 6741 times)
STL_RAM66
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 05:29:49 pm »

A few summers back I played in Long Beach with a couple of terrific young players. They were off to SUNY Plattsburgh in September.  Told me that they were #1 in attendance in D3, had a beautifully refurbished locker room and a beautiful 2,000 seat arena. ....having choosing same over Amherst, Babson and Hobart.....so there is your answer on how many of these players think across the board..
Remember that D3 does not have athletic scholarships, so cost might also have been a consideration.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 05:39:36 pm »

Utter nonsense.

See how it works fholbr .... you're either totally against someone like TP, or your a bitter clinger to his full glory.  Silly times!

Most people realize TP left an enormous amount to be desired in game coaching, strategic systems on D, or O, discipline and development, etc.

But he could recruit some years, he had a sellable public side, and he was a snappy dresser.    Bringing in players like EP, Jon S, AA, MT (do you know much about him?), CS, JC from Canada, RR and others shows some ability in that area.

Next they'll say he had ugly clothes and shoes!   

And when he rolled the ball out to freelance, he rolled it poorly.

Desperate times makes people go to extremes fholbr
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 05:47:44 pm »

See how it works fholbr .... you're either totally against someone like TP, or your a bitter clinger to his full glory.  Silly times!

Most people realize TP left an enormous amount to be desired in game coaching, strategic systems on D, or O, discipline and development, etc.

But he could recruit some years, he had a sellable public side, and he was a snappy dresser.    Bringing in players like EP, Jon S, AA, MT (do you know much about him?), CS, JC from Canada, RR and others shows some ability in that area.

Next they'll say he had ugly clothes and shoes!   

And when he rolled the ball out to freelance, he rolled it poorly.

Desperate times makes people go to extremes fholbr

Pecora's track record of recruits speaks for itself. He lost over 60% of his recruits and a large chunk of those ended up in the D2 ranks.  We do not need Pecora, or a combo of Pecora and Neuabuer, as was suggested.

Hicks has never played a game due to injury. Havsa clearly looks like he can play and was very solid down the stretch.  Ohams came on very strong in second half of season. Slanina was playing pretty well until he got hurt. Not many 6ft 11 guys in the A-10 with his offensive skill set. Pekarek was awful last season, injury or not. I will give you that one. Tavares can certainly play but needs a more defined role. They have been a bit hard to evaluate due to the injuries but there are no Jake Fays or Jared Fays or Fatty McMillans or Jermaine Myers in there. 

Pecora swung for the fences and got a few players but ended up striking out with too many zonkers. JN is recruiting differently and who knows how much of a difference Hicks could have made last season. Lets see how it pans out.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 06:38:49 pm »

Pecora's track record of recruits speaks for itself. He lost over 60% of his recruits and a large chunk of those ended up in the D2 ranks.  We do not need Pecora, or a combo of Pecora and Neuabuer, as was suggested.

Hicks has never played a game due to injury. Havsa clearly looks like he can play and was very solid down the stretch.  Ohams came on very strong in second half of season. Slanina was playing pretty well until he got hurt. Not many 6ft 11 guys in the A-10 with his offensive skill set. Pekarek was awful last season, injury or not. I will give you that one. Tavares can certainly play but needs a more defined role. They have been a bit hard to evaluate due to the injuries but there are no Jake Fays or Jared Fays or Fatty McMillans or Jermaine Myers in there. 

Pecora swung for the fences and got a few players but ended up striking out with too many zonkers. JN is recruiting differently and who knows how much of a difference Hicks could have made last season. Lets see how it pans out.

JN could dress better! 

Enjoy the Kool-Aid. It tastes good for awhile, but I hear it will hit you hard if you swallow too much of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 08:21:44 pm »

Another one: UMass 6-8 forward graduate transfer Seth Berger to Oregon State (much closer to his hometown Seattle). Not a high scorer but high BB IQ and good defender.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:54 pm »

Another one: UMass 6-8 forward graduate transfer Seth Berger to Oregon State (much closer to his hometown Seattle). Not a high scorer but high BB IQ and good defender.

This is Interesting.  I watched UMass 4 times last season, and Berger never impressed me as an impactful player. So I checked his stats, and they were 10mins per game, 2.6 PPG and 2.3 RPG.   In his prior year he had similar points and rebounds...and he only averaged 19mins, his highwater mark.

If he can make the Oregon State roster, albeit a very down cycle, it's a Pac 12 team..... then I'm convinced CS could have been a roster fit in a ACC power.  An instant one year fit in, with guaranteed experience, shooting ability and a mature body.  No waiting.  An instant 9-12 spot on the bench.  No risk, no development effort.   Although I don't know which team could have used that role for next season, I don't doubt CS would have be a solid fill in if somebody had that need.

Maybe CS wasn't interested in that role.  But I bet he could have filled it.
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 09:25:11 pm »

From Rothstein's Twitter:

Rice transfer Marcus Evans has committed to VCU, per his twitter page. Huge get for Mike Rhoades.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 10:43:27 pm »

Rice transfer Marcus Evans has committed to VCU, per his twitter page. Huge get for Mike Rhoades.

VCU continues to flex. I'll add these updates to the list, thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:27 pm »

page 1 list updated. bump.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 11:43:56 pm »

Player follows coach from previous program. Not shocking. I am not sure if it is customary to block such transfers or if it only happens to us.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:42 am »

list updated again, national rankings included. Look at what every single school has coming in. From Dayton to Saint Louis. There must be a sense of urgency.
Report Spam   Logged

acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 10:59:39 am »

Couple updates for you.  Carter decommitted from Dayton and Mawein has not commited to St Bonaventure or anywhere else yet.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2017, 11:08:09 am »

Couple updates for you.  Carter decommitted from Dayton and Mawein has not commited to St Bonaventure or anywhere else yet.

solid. done.
Report Spam   Logged

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2017, 12:02:57 pm »

list updated again, national rankings included. Look at what every single school has coming in. From Dayton to Saint Louis. There must be a sense of urgency.

Do you think these guys are just sitting around hoping recruits call them?

Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2017, 12:29:05 pm »

Do you think these guys are just sitting around hoping recruits call them?

Nope, and I don't really care if they're sleeping 3 hours a night, all that matters is the end result.
Report Spam   Logged

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2017, 12:29:21 pm »

I am not sure where to put this post but I am going to put it here because self the loathing on this board is pathetic.

We seem to forget that in this staff's first two years we won 15 conference games.  In the seven years before that we won 14.  Lets also not forget how many of US declared the team dead last year only to see us turn it around during the latter part of the season and see us beat VCU URI and Davidson.  Now after two guys graduate and leave the same thing is happening.  If we dont get this guy or that guy or SLU gets this guy or that guy we are not going to win any games.  This leads to the self loathing we suck compared to everyone else that many of US fell  into last year after the SJU loss.

So here is a suggestion: take a break from the self flogging and learn something from last year.  We had the same facilities now we had last year when if Anderson makes the front end of the one and one or Sengfelder decides to make a crunch time free throw then we get to play VCU and have a shot to beat them again go to the semi finals of the A-10 tournament.  Lets not forget Pekarek played a big roll in the 15-16 team helping us to our first winning season.  Last year we saw Hawkins start off shaky but then he helped turn the season around.  Slanina showed he could play at this level.  Havsa showed some promise.  We do not know about Hicks.  Ohams continued to develop along with the players that Neubauer inherited who basically had 8th grade skills before he got here (Im looking at you Anderson).  So there is evidence that the staff can not only bring in players but develop them as the season goes on.  

So maybe back off the staff and let them do their job.  No one is saying there is not work to do but for Christs sake enough with the nonsense.  You would think this staff showed nothing the last two years.  They showed they can win games and bring in solid players and now we need to give them a shot to do the job this spring.  They dont need to impress a bunch of Internet talent evaluators, they need to put guys on the floor who can win games whether they are names you guys know or not.  That is how you are judged winning games, not by where the recruits come from or whether some guy on a message board happened to see a tweet about him.  So far they are winning games at clip we have not seen in years with only the rough OOC stretch last year stopping them from getting universal praise.  Even Rothstein admitted last year Neubauer was not getting enough credit.  Maybe fans should show some loyalty to the staff that  has provided us with some really good wins or does that loyalty only apply to two players who quit while the staff continues to work to get OUR program to the next level.  Sure they may not text or email you, but that crap means  nothing if you lose, See Pecora, Tom.  Maybe a little loyalty will help the process along as opposed to fans shytting on their own program in the offseason when it serves no constructive purpose.  

My final suggestion is hit some golf balls tonight, it is beautiful outside.        
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2017, 12:32:26 pm »

My final suggestion is hit some golf balls tonight, it is beautiful outside.        

who's joining Rich and me at Chelsea Piers
Report Spam   Logged

Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2017, 03:40:21 pm »

who's joining Rich and me at Chelsea Piers

Based on what is on our "incoming" report.... it sounds like our recruiters might have the time to join you!

My son hasn't played BB since his freshman year, yet I'm advising him to write one of our coaches to get his name on our board for the '18 class  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2017, 03:49:25 pm »

Player follows coach from previous program. Not shocking. I am not sure if it is customary to block such transfers or if it only happens to us.

Tom Pecora agrees with you.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2017, 03:54:22 pm »

It's understandable that without a lick of hard news of who FU has recruited for next year, there's plenty of concern by the hard core of remaining Ram fans. Almost certainly there will be new recruits, at least 3, maybe more. The extent of the mix of players between those from other countries and US players will be interesting and tell us something about the Rams recruiting ability.   
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2017, 03:57:46 pm »

It's understandable that without a lick of hard news of who FU has recruited for next year, there's plenty of concern by the hard core of remaining Ram fans. Almost certainly there will be new recruits, at least 3, maybe more. The extent of the mix of players between those from other countries and US players will be interesting and tell us something about the Rams recruiting ability.   

well said.

Report Spam   Logged

Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2017, 09:33:22 pm »

This is Interesting.  I watched UMass 4 times last season, and Berger never impressed me as an impactful player. So I checked his stats, and they were 10mins per game, 2.6 PPG and 2.3 RPG.   In his prior year he had similar points and rebounds...and he only averaged 19mins, his highwater mark.

If he can make the Oregon State roster, albeit a very down cycle, it's a Pac 12 team..... then I'm convinced CS could have been a roster fit in a ACC power.  An instant one year fit in, with guaranteed experience, shooting ability and a mature body.  No waiting.  An instant 9-12 spot on the bench.  No risk, no development effort.   Although I don't know which team could have used that role for next season, I don't doubt CS would have be a solid fill in if somebody had that need.

Maybe CS wasn't interested in that role.  But I bet he could have filled it.

It is interesting and I'm not sure I get it either. OSU is reloading after a horrible season, bringing in a four star guard and a four star small forward, plus the Oregon Player of the Year (a 6'5" guard). Maybe they just had an extra ship after a veteran guard from Canada (who was actually not bad) saw that he was being recruited over and wisely transferred out. Unlike a walk on the UMass grad transfer will actually play, although probably not much.
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:44 pm »

Two more out at UMASS:

Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits  20m20 minutes ago
More
 UMass F Brison Gresham (FR) has requested his release to transfer. http://verbalcommits.com/players/brison-gresham

Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits  21m21 minutes ago
More
 UMass G DeJon Jarreau (FR) has requested his release to transfer. http://verbalcommits.com/players/dejon-jarreau
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 04:23:21 pm »

Two more out at UMASS:

More
 UMass F Brison Gresham (FR) has requested his release to transfer. http://verbalcommits.com/players/brison-gresham

More
 UMass G DeJon Jarreau (FR) has requested his release to transfer. http://verbalcommits.com/players/dejon-jarreau

Fairly high-rated, especially Jarreau.  That was the 33rd ranked class in the country, but they finished 4-14 in the A-10.  NC State, UConn, Texas, all had top 10 classes and flamed out.  JN was 3-0 against Kellogg.  Imagine what he could do with his recruits. 
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2017, 04:24:22 pm »

Two more out at UMASS:

More

More

VerbalCommits is good stuff...

Jarreau is legit, he should go high major on that transfer.
Report Spam   Logged

Waffle
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 12:45:50 pm »

Adam Finkelstein‏Verified account @AdamFinkelstein 

Late on this but Duquesne lands versatile IMG Academy forward Nicholas Kratholm
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 12:48:01 pm »

updated. bump. ace - please sticky if you see fit.
Report Spam   Logged

PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2017, 11:29:39 am »

Good list from ESPN

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19187379/where-college-basketball-best-transfers-going-2017-18-season
Report Spam   Logged

Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2017, 06:47:54 pm »

That is a great list.... especially if you go down to the conference level reports

With.....
1 . Fordham losing many of our reported '17 HS targets (so far)
2. These mid-major and major  transfer "outs" outnumbering  the "ins/decideds" by about 4 to 1  

It seems like we must pull in some of these transfers.  We need to reload with experience, not reach down too low on risky HS projects.  I hope that is where most of the staff attention is right now.

We need to channel our "inner George Allen"  .... the future is now.

Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2017, 04:40:53 pm »

Per Verbal Commits:

Former George Mason F Danny Dixon is transferring to UMKC. (HT @GoodmanESPN) @DannyDixon56 verbalcommits.com/players/danny-…
Report Spam   Logged

-Tom Pecora

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: