fordhamfans.com
April 30, 2017, 03:09:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Eddie "Truck" Gordon - TUF Redemption (UFC)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eddie "Truck" Gordon - TUF Redemption (UFC)  (Read 146 times)
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:49:04 pm »

Eddie "Truck" Gordon, a teammate of mine, will once again appear on The Ultimate Fighter. Eddie first won TUF in 2014 and earned his first UFC contract. Unfortunately, Eddie posted a disappointing 0-3 record in the UFC after winning TUF and was released late in 2015. After taking off a year, Eddie fought and won his only Bellator match.

The show started last night, and Eddie will be fighting for the first time next week. The show is on FS1 on Wednesday nights at 10pm.

Eddie is a great dude and I wish him all the best. Everyone should give the show a shot, especially next week when Eddie will be in the octagon. EG mustve played at or near 280lbs as an interior linemen. He was strong and very, very fast. Great captain and teammate. He's now fighting at 170lbs!

http://www.ufc.com/news/the-Ultimate-Fighter-Redemption-Season-Preview?id=
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:54:44 pm »

Saw the episode last night and was very glad to see he was on there getting a shot at redemption. Here's hoping he goes out there and takes care of business.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:06:16 pm »

Just want to add that Eddie is fighting out of the Serra-Longo camp. Eddie is from Freeport and an old friend of his, Chris Weidman, is the guy that got him into fighting. Chris is from Baldwin and is a former UFC middleweight champion. Weidman is the first man to beat Anderson Silva as a middleweight.

Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:58 pm »

Forgot to comment that that weight difference is crazy! Those guys cut a lot of weight before a fight, but that's still a huge difference. One guy failed to cut weight last night, he came in at 196 and it was just too much to drop. I wonder what Gordon's walk around weight is.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:38:05 pm »

Forgot to comment that that weight difference is crazy! Those guys cut a lot of weight before a fight, but that's still a huge difference. One guy failed to cut weight last night, he came in at 196 and it was just too much to drop. I wonder what Gordon's walk around weight is.

Body Transformation doesn't begin to explain what he did post college.

I don't know the numbers but I do know that he's made a big effort to bring his walking weight down closer to his fighting weight. He gave an interview at some point that cutting weight took a major toll on his body and he wanted to avoid that awful routine of cutting weight and then re-hydrating so close to fight night.

He's an article that is a bit dated but talks about how he began to change his overall weight philosophy after his second loss. He went on to lose that 3rd fight but he's clearly continued to embrace the new style/philosophy.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/at-31-ufc-fighter-eddie-gordon-learns-how-to-eat-healthy-1.10580168

He's another article about his weight loss

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/5/8888269/chris-weidman-teammate-eddie-gordon-think-hes-170-pounder-now
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: