fordhamfans.com
December 16, 2017, 11:12:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

St. Peter's transfer Antwon Portley has committed to Fordham

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Peter's transfer Antwon Portley has committed to Fordham  (Read 2213 times)
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2017, 10:11:16 am »

Could have had a great backcourt: Fatty & Portly.
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2017, 10:17:24 am »

Antwon was a 2* recruit out of HS. This is the normal level of recruits under JN, albeit with 2 years of D1 ball under his belt. I am confident JN and his staff can further his development.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 12:08:57 pm »

Not only did his shots go down in year 2, but his efficiency as well.  His PER went from 14 to 10.1, TS% from .527 to .480 (at least he can hit FTs), his FT rate went down.  He got a little better on D.

Interestingly, this was partly a non-conference issue.  He was almost as good in conference in year 2, again counting totals and per game totals down, but he shot better from 3 in conference last year, eFG% up.  Actually he was better in conference from 3 than out of conference each year.  He shot .367 from 3 this year.

Not great from 2.  But I like him.  Didn't score big numbers but didn't seem overwhelmed in games against Notre Dame and Maryland.  He has room for growth and looks like a decent player.  He seemed to end the season fairly well, last 10 games hit 43% of his 3s, 22-51, as St. Peter's won the CIT.  Hopefully we see improvement under JN like with Rhoomes, Anderson and Thomas.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:01:24 pm by drunkle » Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2017, 12:10:56 pm »

He's from St. Peter's. Isn't that in the vastly inferior MAAC?  Great

Fordham and its fans are no longer in any position to look down on the MAAC or any player from the MAAC.  Until Fordham convincingly proves itself worthy of being called an A10 team beyond just by virtue of being a member of the conference, we should not try to "big time" anyone over conference affiliation.  To do so is to show we have learned nothing from the disaster that has unfolded since we joined the A10 so many years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Waffle
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 12:13:06 pm »

Portley is a good player. He can score.  Helped St. Peter's win the CIT this year.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2017, 12:46:38 pm »

Fordham and its fans are no longer in any position to look down on the MAAC or any player from the MAAC.  Until Fordham convincingly proves itself worthy of being called an A10 team beyond just by virtue of being a member of the conference, we should not try to "big time" anyone over conference affiliation.  To do so is to show we have learned nothing from the disaster that has unfolded since we joined the A10 so many years ago.

I agree 100%!  Given when any the MAAC finds its way into post, though, there are a deluge of responses on how inferior it is.  Now we're celebrating the transfer of a role player.  The irony...
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 12:53:17 pm »

Portley is a good player. He can score.  Helped St. Peter's win the CIT this year.

It's an L if you're in the CIT...(in jest, mostly)
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Waffle
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »

It's an L if you're in the CIT...(in jest, mostly)
Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 08:59:17 am »

He's from St. Peter's. Isn't that in the vastly inferior MAAC?  Great

Jesuit, nothing inferior about a Jesuit College!  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »

Thanks for the link Joeb.... looks like he'll be a solid contributor when he's eligible.  I agree with those saying we should be getting transfers up... it's the natural order of things.  A 'market correction' when a guy is recruited lower than his potential.

Question:  In the video's music, do you think that's the original Alvin and all of the original Chipmunks.  I thought one left with a drug problem.

Question/Observation: How embarrassing is it to see his highlights in the empty RHG?  I've never seen it that bad.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »

According to Evan Daniels, as of today there are 702 total college basketball transfers and 232 of them have yet to make a decision about their next destination. That does not count Jucos.
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 09:04:55 pm »

Really happy about this get! I have been waiting (and waiting) for some good news, and this is it. Hopefully more to come.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 11:18:01 pm »

Really happy about this get! I have been waiting (and waiting) for some good news, and this is it. Hopefully more to come.

There will be more to come.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2017, 07:59:23 am »

There will be more to come.

They have decided  to name the court after Adam West instead of the McLaughlins?
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 08:35:49 am »

They have decided  to name the court after Adam West instead of the McLaughlins?
POW!
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2017, 09:02:43 am »

+1. Lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: