fordhamfans.com
September 26, 2017, 05:39:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RECOGNITION

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RECOGNITION  (Read 188 times)
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2017, 11:16:22 pm »

Not long ago, while scanning the Athleticsí section of the University website, I saw the following:

"LAST YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SCHOOL HISTORY, FORDHAM HAD THREE DIFFERENT TEAMS - FOOTBALL, WOMEN'S BASKETBALL AND SOFTBALL - REACH THE NCAA PLAYOFFS."

This was terrific news but I would be less than honest, if I didnít admit to being disappointed that Sailing was not included.
Sailing is neither an NCAA nor varsity sport. However, as a club team, Sailing competes against the top varsity programs in the country. Had it been included for consideration, its performance would be eye-opening! Specifically, including this weekendís results, since 2011 Fordham has qualified for an ICSA National Championship competition 13 times!

Specifically:

Fordham placed 14th at Womenís National Semifinalís (Top 9 Advanced to Championship Round) This was the first time Fordham Sailing ever qualified for an ICSA National Championship competition.

Fordham finished 7th at the Menís Single-handed National Championship. This was the first time Fordham ever qualified for an ICSA Single-handed National Championship

Fordham placed 11th at Coed National Semifinalís (Top 9 advanced to Championship Round.) This was the first time Fordham qualified for the ICSA Coed Dinghy National Championship competition.

Fordham finished 8th at the ICSA Menís Single-handed National Championship.

Fordham placed 10th at Coed National Semifinalís (Top 9 advanced to Championship Round)

Fordham placed 11th at Womenís National Semifinalís (Top 9 advanced to Championship Round)

This was the first time ever, that Fordham qualified for the ICSA Coed Dinghy & Womenís National Championship competitions in the same year.

Fordham finished 16th at the ICSA Menís Single-handed National Championship

Fordham finished 14th (2nd among club teams) at the ICSA Coed Dinghy National Championship. This was the first time, that Fordham qualified for the Championship Round.

Fordham finished 11th (1st among club teams) at the ICSA Team Race National Championship. This is the first time that Fordham qualified for this event.

Fordham placed 12th in the Womenís National Semifinalís (Top 9 advanced to Championship Round)

Fordham finished 18th (4th among club teams) at the ICSA Coed Dinghy National Championship

For the second time ever, Fordham qualified for both the ICSA Coed Dinghy and Womenís National Championship competitions.

For those, who may not know, Fordham Sailing was founded as a club sport in 1950; was elevated to varsity status in 1955; demoted to club status in 1971; disbanded in 1974 after the experienced skippers graduated, and was resurrected as a club sport in January 2000. It took 11 years since its rebirth to qualify for an ICSA National Championship competition. Never has it experienced national visibility and success, nor contributed more toward Fordham's national championship aspirations, than during the past seven years. FYI.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:57:31 pm by joesunfish » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:03:07 am »

I agree, Joe.  Sailing doesnt get the recognition it deserves.  Its all about footballl and MBB.  I'm thankful for what you've done developing and promoting the team, but you get no promotional help.  All I've had to do for softball is the promotion part, with a little delving of late into WBB and tennis promotion, all with plenty of SID and WFUV help.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 10:41:04 am »

One person deserves the Kudos , Coach!
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: