fordhamfans.com
September 25, 2017, 02:27:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Have you ever eaten at POTS Soup Kitchen on Webster Ave? - Consider it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever eaten at POTS Soup Kitchen on Webster Ave? - Consider it!  (Read 192 times)
SteveMcGarrett
Junior

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:53:47 am »

I was inspired to leave this post from what xtey92a wrote in the topic about the university commencement when he mentioned that Sr Iannucelli was instrumental in the formation of POTS.

In the last ten years or so, there have been multiple occasions where I have been in the Fordham area and on my own in terms or lunch or dinner. Generally, I meet old classmates on Arthur Avenue.

I have gone to eat at POTS Soup Kitchen on Webster Ave right across from the campus....... they take "walk-ins". Food is very good, too.

I figure that if I am going to spend $20-$25 for a lunch or $30-$35 for a dinner, I would rather give that money to POTS. I have gone in, eaten, and then given them the cash. I get a good meal, and they get a welcome cash donation.

P.S. - No tipping !!!   Grin Cheesy Wink
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:26:55 am by SteveMcGarrett » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 10:17:29 am »

Like the idea.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 10:29:54 am »

Did not know. I'm fairly certain the food will be better than the food in the FU Caf.

But Arthur Ave is a culinary destination.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 12:52:54 pm »

Did not know. I'm fairly certain the food will be better than the food in the FU Caf.

It's possible the food at POTS could have come from the FU Caf, that is if Fordham Dining Services is donating its surplus food.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveMcGarrett
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 03:15:12 pm »

It's possible the food at POTS could have come from the FU Caf, that is if Fordham Dining Services is donating its surplus food.

DR,

You are very likely correct. The dining service would likely give the excess food to POTS right across the street rather than to CityHarvest. POTS is part of the Fordham community.

I donate to City Harvest and in their newsletters I have seen various Sodexo locations listed as big donors of food, but never FU.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveMcGarrett
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 03:18:25 pm »

But Arthur Ave is a culinary destination.

You are correct that Arthur Avenue is a culinary destination..... over the years I have taken dates there or met Ram classmates there. But, I have gone to POTS when I find myself alone at a meal time. I haven't taken a date there yet Smiley

The food has always been good.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 03:10:57 pm »

Nice short article about Arthur Avenue on cnn.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/05/foodanddrink/arthur-avenue-little-italy-bronx-food-tour/index.html
Report Spam   Logged
Buzz
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 09:27:03 am »

Since POTS has been remodeled and renovated, people in the neighborhood will tell you how much the neighborhood has deteriorated. POTS is a magnet for degenerates who bring crime, litter and intimidation to eldery folks. In addition to helping those who are needy, POTS contributes to an unsafe environment in the neighborhood where the most vulnerable have to suffer from the concentration of bad people who are among those catered to at POTS.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:49:04 am by Buzz » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: