fordhamfans.com
September 21, 2017, 10:42:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Why the RHG is to be Named for McGlaughlin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the RHG is to be Named for McGlaughlin  (Read 5856 times)
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2017, 02:58:47 pm »

Exactly.  Turning your back to the court is asinine, don't donate to the project let he office know why and don't attend the ceremony.  Anything beyond that is being an ass.
+10
You have that right!
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2017, 03:01:29 pm »

Unfortunately Rich is correct about this. The FOF are a group of his friends, as stated in their mission statement who want us to pay to help their friend. What kind of a solicitation to name the floor asks to help their  "friend? "    Its not even a hidden agenda, its blatantly overt. They know that they don't have any tangible accomplishments to point to and say lets honor a Fordham legend who accomplished so much as a player and AD.  So they have taken this mind boggling friends and family angle, like a weekend sale at Macy's.

Carnssecca gets a floor named after him. 526 wins 200 loss 16 tournament appearances, 2 sweet 16, 1 elite 8, a Final Four....that's name worthy.......having 3 brothers who went to the high school is not........
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:39:22 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2017, 03:25:50 pm »

Exactly

The FOF want to honor their friend, there is no hard data as to how his accomplishments benefited Fordham they can use (for the most part his tenure veered from disaster to mediocre) so they go to the soft benefits of "he didn't have the resources, he did the best he could and he loves Fordham, so let's honor our friend and his family"

Complete nonsense and not worthy of acknowledgement by Fordham
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:23:37 pm by SIram » Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2017, 04:31:36 pm »

And the easy rebuttal...look how great Dave roach is doing with the same admin. What's scary is we hired roach off scrap heap, shows what can be done here....imagine the top young go getter....No dis to Dave who I like...good guy working with an albatross....trust me it took steel balls to fire pecora withe the fof.....roach deserves kudos for that
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2017, 05:01:28 pm »

http://www.nhregister.com/colleges/article/Tom-Pecora-eager-to-help-build-Quinnipiac-program-11729649.php

Speaking of Tom Pecora....parts of this make me cringe....

Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2017, 05:10:17 pm »

“I was a Maserati in neutral,” he noted

More like a Corvair.
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2017, 05:13:12 pm »

"I was a Maserati in neutral"  Huh?
"I’m a better coach now,” he added, “than I was two years ago."  (that didn't take much)
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2017, 06:49:41 pm »

“I was a Maserati in neutral,” he noted

More like a Corvair.

Sounds like Tommy had to leave a few days early on those trips because he couldn't work the gears. Somebody should have told Tommy Maserati that the ride was an automatic  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2017, 08:04:32 pm »

I love the comment to the article from one of Pecora's buddies.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2017, 11:58:25 pm »

A Maserati in neutral could still go downhill pretty quickly.

An apt description for Pecora's Fordham cost and performance.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2017, 06:11:11 am »

Laughable puff piece.  Similar to the delusions of the FOF.  When does reality hit some people?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:52:39 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2017, 07:42:52 am »

Exactly

The FOF want to honor their friend, there is no hard data as to how his accomplishments benefited Fordham they can use (for the most part his tenure veered from disaster to mediocre) so they go to the soft benefits of "he didn't have the resources, he did the best he could and he loves Fordham, so let's honor our friend and his family"

Complete nonsense and not worthy of acknowledgement by Fordham

When I look at what Dave Roach has accomplished, it is actually sad because of what could have been during Frank's awful tenure.. A decent, not stellar AD at the Ivy/PL level comes in here with good discipline and a solid educational background and real experience as an AD. Suddenly, we are winning in virtually every sport. He takes 25 years of idiotic excuses and tosses them to the wayside,  hires a search firm,  who hires a real coach and we suddenly win. 

What could have been...........
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2017, 08:26:42 am »

When I look at what Dave Roach has accomplished, it is actually sad because of what could have been during Frank's awful tenure.. A decent, not stellar AD at the Ivy/PL level comes in here with good discipline and a solid educational background and real experience as an AD. Suddenly, we are winning in virtually every sport. He takes 25 years of idiotic excuses and tosses them to the wayside,  hires a search firm,  who hires a real coach and we suddenly win. 

TP was a decent recruiter but a poor coach. He has probably found his level as an assistant/recruiter. Hope his head coach is good at Xs and Os or they will both be looking for jobs again in 4 years.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2017, 09:09:45 am »

This is really all that needs to be said. We've improved in almost every sport across the board. Winning A-10 championships in Baseball, Soccer, Softball, Women's Basketball, and a PL Championship in FB. We think there is some light at the end of the Men's Bball tunnel. That's the last hurdle. It's probably the toughest too so not surprised its taking more time.

Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2017, 09:10:43 am »

The strongest case why Frank should not be honored.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2017, 09:12:53 am »

Anyone with some time want to total the amt of league championships under Frank v. DR? Interested to see comparison - knowing full well Frank has 20 years or so on DR.
Report Spam   Logged
DCRam
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2017, 10:07:14 am »

I concluded long ago that Frank has some kind of hypnotic effect on people. Almost everyone who deals with him takes leave of their senses and ends up bamboozled by his charm. Had Robert Redford not been available for The Sting, Frank would have made a pretty good replacement.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2017, 10:22:06 am »

TP was a decent recruiter but a poor coach. He has probably found his level as an assistant/recruiter. Hope his head coach is good at Xs and Os or they will both be looking for jobs again in 4 years.

What's sad is that even Quinnipiac would probably have more institutional self-respect than Fordham did, which means I don't think they would have 4 years.

TP can say whatever he wants about how the new coach won with TP's recruits, but anyone who was paying attention knows that it was coaching ability not player talent that was the primary problem under TP This is why it's kind of mystifying why he would keep pushing that line.

Anyway, I'm glad TP has landed on his feet somewhere.  He can now focus his energies on redeeming himself instead of trying to trash Fordham.  
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2017, 10:56:42 am »

Totally agree with the comparison of what DR has already accomplished v. the sad tenure of Frank.
Report Spam   Logged

RickFC77
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2017, 10:59:03 am »

What's sad is that even Quinnipiac would probably have more institutional self-respect than Fordham did, which means I don't think they would have 4 years.

TP can say whatever he wants about how the new coach won with TP's recruits, but anyone who was paying attention knows that it was coaching ability not player talent that was the primary problem under TP This is why it's kind of mystifying why he would keep pushing that line.

Anyway, I'm glad TP has landed on his feet somewhere.  He can now focus his energies on redeeming himself instead of trying to trash Fordham.  

It shows how out of touch TP2 is, if a new coach can win with your players, it begs the question "Why couldn't you?".  Hardly  a feather in your cap.
Report Spam   Logged

SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2017, 12:28:20 pm »

When I think of Frank what comes to mind is a guy happy to patch the holes in the Athletic Department with duct tape and when that ran out he was then happy to use scotch tape, all to please his bosses and to keep his gravy train running. Every so often he would stick head up and push back a bit but then he was equally happy when they threw him a new case of that duct tape

Roach came in and immediately asked what the hell was going on and pushed for real resources, we have seen the success he has had and as 85 noted, wonder what could have been if Frank was as committed 
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2017, 12:34:28 pm »

When I think of Frank what comes to mind is a guy happy to patch the holes in the Athletic Department with duct tape and when that ran out he was then happy to use scotch tape, all to please his bosses and to keep his gravy train running. Every so often he would stick head up and push back a bit but then he was equally happy when they threw him a new case of that duct tape

Roach came in and immediately asked what the hell was going on and pushed for real resources, we have seen the success he has had and as 85 noted, wonder what could have been if Frank was as committed 
You are making a big assumption here - that Frank was really capable. I don't see any real differences in the Administration after Dave came in. He simply applied the skills he had to make improvements and convince the President and BOT to go along with him.
Report Spam   Logged
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2017, 07:36:07 pm »

George Mason just announced they are raising $88 million for a new multipurpose convocation center. Have we raised $250,000 for a gym floor yet. Think about it. Sad.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2017, 10:00:33 pm »

You are making a big assumption here - that Frank was really capable. I don't see any real differences in the Administration after Dave came in. He simply applied the skills he had to make improvements and convince the President and BOT to go along with him.

Roach simply worked harder and smarter.
Report Spam   Logged
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2017, 07:39:33 am »

SI, I do believe this is one of the great Frank myths that has been perpetuated for years. It was debunked when Ramman posted the budgets..the poor Jesuit school thing was a complete myth and blown up by the numbers.....
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2017, 10:31:21 am »

It was debunked when Ramman posted the budgets
a valuable poster who needs to return.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: