fordhamfans.com
October 23, 2017, 02:17:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Thanks Tex

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Tex  (Read 276 times)
Rambart
Freshman

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:06:55 am »

Just wanted to give a shout out to say thanks to Tex for the stellar coverage of the Rams softball season once again - He has been covering the softball team's season in detail year after year, good or bad.

Congrats to the Ram softball team on a great season!

Thanks again Tex
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:10:50 am »

Your'e welcome.  Am happy to bring the best varsity team of Fordham to the board.

I try to inform with both the good and the bad, but fortunately the former far outweighs the latter, and is what has made it such a good team year after year.

Having played more baseball/softball games than some of my pollyanna critics have probably seen, I understand the ups and downs of the game try and bring a true picture of how we are doing.

As like any "arm chair quarterback", I haven't always agreed with what Bridget has done or how she's done it.  I think she's generally been very good, has gotten better over the years, and has certainly earned our respect and thanks for building an excellent program that we of Fordham can be proud of.  With the injuries this year, it's been especially challenging.

I thought I heard one of the announcers say today that the team has the most post season conference awards this year of any team in the country.  It wouldn't surprise me.

Oddly enough, what got the team "on the map" was Frank approving us to go to an OOC tournament in Palm Springs years ago where we pulled some upsets of nationally ranked teams.  Subsequently getting upgrades at Bahoshy Field has given us among the best playing facilities in the A10.  The SID and WFUV have provided pretty good coverage, even if they did have to cut back on some of the early season games.  For a nonrevenue sport, I think we've gotten reasonable admin support, but I certainly won't turn down more, or any alumni contributions to the program!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:22:13 pm by txram » Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:17:13 am »

Just wanted to give a shout out to say thanks to Tex for the stellar coverage of the Rams softball season once again - He has been covering the softball team's season in detail year after year, good or bad.

Thanks again Tex

+1   ..... TX is a great supporter of arguably our best athletic program. 

I hope that the team gets it's due from the school leadership when the season is over.  We have the potential to be a yearly Top 25 contender at the highest level of NCAA Softball.  Let's get strategic with this program.   College Softball is an admired sport relative to the two largest revenue sports.   It's on the ascendancy on TV.

Let's not take this gem at FU for granted.  Like we did with MBB in '71.  It doesn't just happen, you need to have a long-term plan, and work it. 

This opportunity is real for Fordham.   
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 10:21:41 am »

Thanks again Tex

+1. As always, thanks Tex.
Report Spam   Logged
Rambart
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 10:32:38 am »

+1   ..... TX is a great supporter of arguably our best athletic program. 

I hope that the team gets it's due from the school leadership when the season is over.  We have the potential to be a yearly Top 25 contender at the highest level of NCAA Softball.  Let's get strategic with this program.   College Softball is an admired sport relative to the two largest revenue sports.   It's on the ascendancy on TV.

Let's not take this gem at FU for granted.  Like we did with MBB in '71.  It doesn't just happen, you need to have a long-term plan, and work it. 

This opportunity is real for Fordham.  

Agreed - It can be done - Just look at what has been accomplished at Gonzaga BB

Great university + NYC location + Track record of consistent program winning seasons = Recruit interest
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 10:47:52 am »

Rams score 2 runs in both the 1st and 2nd innings.  Up 4-0 top 3rd.
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 01:43:24 pm »

Re: txram,

AMEN!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:41:27 pm by joesunfish » Report Spam   Logged
friarsbob1
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 03:57:53 pm »

Far too often I fail to express appreciation for others efforts which benefit me immensely. I live on the news of Fordham softball--thanks Tex--and thank you Rambart for this thread.
Report Spam   Logged
massram
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 08:00:32 am »

Far too often I fail to express appreciation for others efforts which benefit me immensely. I live on the news of Fordham softball--thanks Tex--and thank you Rambart for this thread.
+1.  Do not post often. However follow passionately.  Also enjoy Txram's fair criticism and analysis as an added bonus.  Thanks.  Keep it going ladies.
Report Spam   Logged
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 10:53:16 am »

Thank You Tex. Go Rams!
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 12:30:36 pm »

As to Scott's wish to be a perennial top 25 contender, that's pretty difficult for a mid major.  Louisiana-Lafayette did it for a while and James Madison has done it the last few years, but it's clearly an exception.  The Power 5 conference teams all have so much depth that any player could probably start for us.

Kayla Lombardo, a former Ram softball player and sports writer for Sports Illustrated, ESPNW and Excelle Sports recently posted an article about how difficult it is for mid majors.  It's worth the read.  http://fordhamsports.com/news/2017/5/12/softball-drops-saint-louis-10-2-in-a-10-quarterfinals.aspx
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: