fordhamfans.com
November 24, 2017, 03:17:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

2017 Roster

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Roster  (Read 506 times)
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2017, 10:20:32 am »

we added a recruit for upcoming season
Jack Lynch
6'4  240  TE  Berlin  CT

Lynch was a QB in HS but missed his senior season with an ACL injury. He is projected to play TE here. There are a few video clips of him playing basketball as well, looks athletic and a big frame. 

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/connecticut/berlin/berlin-high-school3/jack-lynch4
http://www.newbritainherald.com/NBH-Berlin+Sports/284584/former-berlin-quarterback-lynch-commits-to-fordham-university

When glancing at 2017 roster we looked light a few players on OL.   2016 recruits Alex Hall and Gavin Grenwal are no longer listed on roster.  We have 11 OL  perhaps 1-2 incoming DL recruits will get a look at OG to add depth. 

From what I understand we have a few preferred walk ons but they cannot be included on Fordham roster until enroll in class.             
including  Matt Donovan 
6'4   265  OL
Deerfield Academy (PG), MA
https://twitter.com/mathiasdonovan?lang=en   

My interests in summer camp will be who wins the 5th OL starting role.  The DL has an infusion of young talent  sophomores and freshman and curious who will emerge as starters.  As usual I think we'll be very talented at the skill positions -- hopefully the lines can hold their own. If so we could make some noise in the playoffs.             
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 12:30:07 pm »

if he is truly healthy,this could be a great addition to the team, maybe even a hidden gem. 
Always like having a former QB that can play another role as it opens up options for trick plays.
I wish him all the best at Fordham
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:40:55 pm »

if he is truly healthy,this could be a great addition to the team, maybe even a hidden gem. 
Always like having a former QB that can play another role as it opens up options for trick plays.
I wish him all the best at Fordham

I believe Dan Light was a QB prior to coming to Fordham. The Trick Play option is always there, but I think this staff just values the athleticism and game awareness of former QBs and looks to utilize those skill at other positions. Either way, I think this is a quality add.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 01:15:54 pm »

Agree with the comments that it's always good to get a HS QB to play another position given that they're typically the best player/athlete on the field for most HS teams.

Also agree with the focus on the lines.  If we can see significant improvement along both it could be a stellar year.  I'm also VERY curious to see what the new D coaches have in store.  A tough D to go with our explosive offense would be amazing
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 09:38:23 pm »

Ricardo Llanio
6'0 220  LB
Taft HS post grad   Connecticut
Mc Donogh HS  Owings, Maryland

He is not yet listed on 2017 roster. Perhaps a preferred walk-on for upcoming season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TaftFootballCT/status/828768857536024581

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7606895/57eb3a9bed57ee4ff0ef210c
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 04:17:41 pm »

Also agree with the focus on the lines.  If we can see significant improvement along both it could be a stellar year.  I'm also VERY curious to see what the new D coaches have in store.  A tough D to go with our explosive offense would be amazing

Tough is the operative word,PA. If you watch the clips of some of the kids from this incoming class and a few of the early commits, I can see evidence of the staff's stated desire to find more guys who don't mind getting their noses dirty. For example, take a look at the tape of Lliano just posted by TD17.  He doesn't look like the fastest kid or the most athletic but he looks like he loves to hit!  Maybe he and Niko can finally gives us some run support from the ILB position?  Wouldn't that be nice.

Our new DC is from Bucknell and some of our toughest games over the last 4-5 years have come against them. They've been fundamentally sound and just plain tough to play offense against. I'd be thrilled if we developed a defensive identity like Bucknell
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: