fordhamfans.com
June 25, 2017, 06:29:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

INTEREST RE: THIRD ANNUAL fordhamfans.com NORTH FORK BASKETBALL + LUNCHEON?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INTEREST RE: THIRD ANNUAL fordhamfans.com NORTH FORK BASKETBALL + LUNCHEON?  (Read 314 times)
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:40:36 pm »

I just saw the following post from AOC re: a possible "Third Annual fordhamfans.com, North Fork, Basketball + Luncheon," and opted to initiate a new post under the BB Forum because 95% of what has been discussed the first two years has concerned the BB team.
The "+" is for all other sports

"Joe... The weather is hot, the beaches are open.  All things summer reminded me that the annual Fordhamrams.com Annual Summer Meeting will be on the calendar soon.   Hopefully in between your busy schedule you will have some time to orchestrate another memorable day!"

To the best of my recollection, we had about 7-8 attendees in 2015 and close to double that last year. If we can get 20 this summer, I'll try to organize the luncheon at Pepi's in Southold or some comparable location at noon on Friday, August 18. All of Ace's merry men and women, if there are any, are invited to join us for a Dutch Treat lunch. Southold is an hour drive from East Hampton via the ferries and Shelter Island as well as driving west to 105, north to 25 and east to Southold. From Western Suffolk County, it's probably closer to an hour and 15 -30 minutes contingent upon traffic. We also have 2-3 fans, who leave their vehicles at the New London to Orient Point Cross Sound Ferry, and
I pick them up about 11:30 AM and drop them off at the ferry about 3:00 PM following our luncheon.

Sooooooo, if there is serious interest from app. 20 fans to commit to a luncheon on Friday, August 18, I'll proceed to make arrangements.
Please advise your commitment via a non-refundable deposit of $10.00 per person via personal check payable to "Joe Sullivan" and mail it to me at POB 612, Southold, NY 11971, so I have it a month in advance, i.e., NLT Tuesday, July 18. "Nonrefundable," will hopefully increase one's commitment, albeit for a small amount, and more importantly will enable us to order another round or two to toast Ace and our missing brethren.

BTW, if you want to make it a family day-trip and bring your spouse and the children or grandchildren, there are many options for adults and children including beaches, vineyards, antiques, historical sites, et. al.

Please use this thread to indicate your commitment and I'll maintain a running summary of those coming.

Thanks for reaching out AOC!
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

98ramgrad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 07:55:39 pm »

Like the past two years, I am def interested.  I hope to make it, but I cannot commit until that week or the week prior.  My inlaws live out in suffolk county and a lot of it is contingent upon us being out there to visit them.
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 10:50:56 pm »

Understood 98ramgrad. I'll put you down as a "Definite Maybe." Hope you can make it.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:01:52 pm »

wish I could. Very hard to get a day off.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: