fordhamfans.com
July 20, 2017, 08:33:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

2017 Season Tickets Comment/s

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Season Tickets Comment/s  (Read 410 times)
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2017, 06:23:19 pm »

I got a phone call last week asking if Id be interested in renewing my Fordham Football season tickets.  Sure I replied.  I don't make all the games but its a small investment i can do to support the program.  I asked the caller how it was going ?   He said was a summer intern (not Fordham student) and that the season ticket holders were warm/receptive but a # also asked what the University/Marketing was doing new or differently to try and grow attendance #'s.  He said that it was above his pay scale  lol.     but did say he personally had never seen a billboard, newspaper ad ,  TV/radio spot on Fordham Football.   maybe its time ? 

Additionally I must of bought last years  Fordham @ Lehigh tickets through their website last year.  Their marketing flyer /season ticket  was in my mailbox today.  I made a paper airplane of it and flew into the garbage can   Grin   . Actually I assume they used my payment info and mailed it to me as a potential buyer. Is that something Fordham can do too?  I like the marketing hustle on their end but no thanks.   Evil
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 08:04:02 pm »

Unless you are an Alum, the game day experience is lousy.  Clean Bathrooms are a plus, but not much else.

Maybe a two-fer with Arthur Ave, NYBG or NYZS? Free Shuttles.

Food trucks would be cool, and an Alumni Tent serving beer at every game.

Rutgers and West Point have a great Game Day experience.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 11:02:48 am »

I made a paper airplane of it and flew into the garbage can   Grin 

Good....Good.... Evil Evil Evil
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 11:11:51 am »

Unless you are an Alum, the game day experience is lousy.  Clean Bathrooms are a plus, but not much else.

Maybe a two-fer with Arthur Ave, NYBG or NYZS? Free Shuttles.

Food trucks would be cool, and an Alumni Tent serving beer at every game.

Rutgers and West Point have a great Game Day experience.

Since the inception of a decent tailgate scene 3-4 years ago or so, I actually disagree with this comment. Things can obviously be better, but I throw 1-2 tailgates a year and many non-Fordham friends attend and love the day out. Its become a highlight on their calendars.

Today might be a good day to pick out a game or two and get'em on the calendar. Saturday's fill up fast!
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 11:21:53 am »

Fordham could sell it as the "Best tailgating in NYC".
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 11:51:44 am »

Since the inception of a decent tailgate scene 3-4 years ago or so, I actually disagree with this comment. Things can obviously be better, but I throw 1-2 tailgates a year and many non-Fordham friends attend and love the day out. Its become a highlight on their calendars.

Today might be a good day to pick out a game or two and get'em on the calendar. Saturday's fill up fast!

I agree. 

I also think the generic billboard type advertising is a waste of $$'s.  Maybe that means they'll do it?  I kid.  Overall, we can do a better job of working alums, parents and students and filling the stadium up that way, none of whom will be influenced by a billboard imo.  When we have a capacity issue we can look at adding seats and then working the local community.  All just my .02.  I love FCS football but let's not pretend those without a very specific tie to the school and program are going to get behind it, with rare exceptions. 
Report Spam   Logged
fordham77
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 01:16:05 pm »

Why not have football and basketball in season "sponsor" shows on WFUV?
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:56:08 pm »

They could really market Chase's pursuit of the rushing record....might attract the more casual fan
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: